PDA

View Full Version : Unable to enter dx/ogl mode for > 1 RS instances

riwu
09-20-2014, 03:04 AM
After having 1 RS in ogl mode, the next RS was auto loaded in safe mode and unable to switch to ogl/dx (Runescape is unable to enter that display mode).
On another computer it can load up to 4 RS in ogl mode before showing that message.

Is it because of the limit of the graphic card? And safemode uses much less resource so it can still load safemode but not ogl/dx?

TylerT
09-20-2014, 03:07 AM
Is it because of the limit of the graphic card?

Most likely. What card is it?

Lipcot
09-20-2014, 03:09 AM
doesent it have to do with the amount of jagex caches? i mean, you have 4 jagex cache folders = 4 ogl

riwu
09-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Most likely. What card is it?
the one that cant load more than 4 ogl is using geForce GT630.
I could still start several more RS in safemode so actually out of memory shouldnt be the problem.

Does the graphic card limit the memory amount allocated to OGL/DX? There must be something about ogl/dx that the graphic card handles differently compare to safemode.

doesent it have to do with the amount of jagex caches? i mean, you have 4 jagex cache folders = 4 ogl
I have duplicated more than 5 cache. Even if i haven't, it should allow u to auto setup and switch to another mode.

TylerT
09-21-2014, 05:33 AM
Idk if this will work but, try using batched Simbas

riwu
09-21-2014, 05:36 AM
Idk if this will work but, try using batched Simbas
simba has nth to do with the applet that smart loads. I cant switch it in browser either so it has nth to do with smart.

sipfer3
09-26-2014, 10:49 AM
my bro had a similar problem. he couldnt even change out of safemode at 1 account. try using another computer user helped him