PDA

View Full Version : Issues with SPS Positioning

BorderlandsPsycho
10-17-2014, 04:50 AM
So I've got a path for a map of Zanaris I have pieced together. It seems there is not enough unique features as it progresses along the path and it has errors recognizing the players position when it gets to the area that I boxed in red. It starts at the bank and attempts to get to the 2nd agility shortcut. Despite the fact that the path ends in that exact area, the program repeatedly prints out the it cannot find the players position, and goes about rotating the camera and attempting to find it. I looked at the distance function and on average the player stops within 1-5 spaces from the end point on the path. Any suggestions? I can include my scripts if necessary

Example:
distance(SPS.getPlayerPos() , TPointTargetPosition) = 1 yet the script doesn't stop.

http://i.imgur.com/SGttImE.png

Turpinator
10-17-2014, 06:19 AM
Have you tried running
sps.debugPlayerPos(); repeatedly while running around the map?

BorderlandsPsycho
10-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Yes, so it seems that it says it doesn't find enough matches to accurately compute the location as soon as it hits that little bottleneck. (Area below the fountain icon) Sometimes the program will make it to the agility shortcut and keep going as I described above, sometimes it also gets stuck before the 2nd shortcut, just after the bottleneck and cant find enough matches and ends up just infinitely trying to find the position.

Hoodz
10-17-2014, 11:05 PM
Yes, so it seems that it says it doesn't find enough matches to accurately compute the location as soon as it hits that little bottleneck. (Area below the fountain icon) Sometimes the program will make it to the agility shortcut and keep going as I described above, sometimes it also gets stuck before the 2nd shortcut, just after the bottleneck and cant find enough matches and ends up just infinitely trying to find the position.

try to set the tolerance of the sps map a bit higher

Turpinator
10-17-2014, 11:16 PM
try to set the tolerance of the sps map a bit higher

Or increase the accuracy (reduce the number) at the expense of speed.

Could you post the original image without the red box, on the off chance any of us want to test it out?

BorderlandsPsycho
10-19-2014, 07:26 AM
Ya, so I increased the tolerance and it made it to the area, yet the script still doesnt stop. I will post the original image now, and try increasing the accuracy tomorrow as soon as I get up. Will also post the code tomorrow so you guys can look it over. Thanks!

Olly
10-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Lower the match percentage if that's the reason why it's not giving you a result.. It may work then.

Turpinator
10-19-2014, 09:07 PM
So after i fixed your map... I played with it.
http://i.imgur.com/tzuZzUP.png
those are the dead spots. So increase the bottom of the map to include all of the altar, or it wont work.

For that i used an accuracy of 4 (default), tolerance of 900, and min match percent to .40 (default).
heres the map i used.
http://i.imgur.com/73Qxhpx.png

BorderlandsPsycho
10-20-2014, 01:57 AM
All works well now, must have been an issue with my map, thanks so much.