PDA

View Full Version : Slow sps map problem

cosmasjdz
11-15-2014, 07:28 AM
Hi guys, i got map, quite huge one, its like 1000x600 points i mean, in pixels 4x more i think. So iv made it as small as possible, leaving white space between unused areas since black one fails. My sps settings look like
sps.setup('somemap',runescape_other,3,150,0.65). Its the fastest stable version i got. Since colors change so much and since its wilderness its hard to orient there less match percent. Basicly it takes 3-4 seconds for every time to get my sps position. It means i stop while walking everytime and like 30 times per trip...., still better than 6-7 seconds i had at first stable version which was ridiculous.

So question is what can i do for it besides tweaking setup settings to make it faster?

Incurable
11-15-2014, 07:43 AM
How big is your map, exactly? Because you're making it sound as though it's several thousand pixels in dimension. If it is, you're definitely going to need to use more than one map, check out the LSU beta script in my sig for an example of how that can be done.

slacky
11-15-2014, 08:19 AM
i got map, quite huge one, its like 1000x600 points i mean, in pixels 4x more i think.
What do you mean? 1 point on the map represents 1 pixel. So a map that is 1000x600 "points" is 1000x600 pixels.
So, now I have to ask: What is the dimensions of the image?

As for your question:
A. Make the image as small as possible, only covering the path you wish to walk. (see any SPS related guide)
If that doesn't work well enough:
B. Using multiple smaller maps so that you avoid areas that you are not walking (and also avoid black coverage) will grant better speed. However this will be a bit more involved.

A couple of hints regarding tweaking SPS setup (hopefully it can help you):
Larger number in the third parameter (accuracy) = less accurate, but faster processing.

Accuracy is the scale of the image: 1=1/1, 2=1/2, 4=1/4... n=1/n scale. (So the image is down-sampled for anything above accuracy of 1)
The down-sampling affects the tolerance (as it sums up colors in the neighborhood), so the max tolerance increases the depending on the accuracy, for example:
1 acc = max 255 * 1² (which is 255) tolerance
2 acc = max 255 * 2² tolerance
3 acc = max 255 * 3² tolerance
4 acc = max 255 * 4² tolerance
n acc = max 255 * n² tolerance
The two params I am talking about is highlighted here (red=accuracy, blue=tolerance):
SPS.Setup('somemap',runescape_other,3,150,0.65)

Lipcot
11-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Hi guys, i got map, quite huge one, its like 1000x600 points i mean, in pixels 4x more i think. So iv made it as small as possible, leaving white space between unused areas since black one fails. My sps settings look like
sps.setup('somemap',runescape_other,3,150,0.65). Its the fastest stable version i got. Since colors change so much and since its wilderness its hard to orient there less match percent. Basicly it takes 3-4 seconds for every time to get my sps position. It means i stop while walking everytime and like 30 times per trip...., still better than 6-7 seconds i had at first stable version which was ridiculous.

So question is what can i do for it besides tweaking setup settings to make it faster?

this is your problem: (marked in red).

sps.setup('somemap',runescape_other,3,150,0.65);

i've tested A LOT with sps maps, and i've come to know pretty much about them. The leap between accuracy 4 and accuracy 3, is HUGE. in my map, Accuracy 4 takes around 400-500 ms to get position. accuracy 3 takes 1200-1500 ms. so.. its x2.5 the time! plus, you have a huge map

cosmasjdz
11-15-2014, 12:35 PM
1075x404 exzactly. 3,150,0.65 is the lowest it works. with 4,150,0.65 fails 100 percent of a time . Wildy is a difficult place..... Cutted even more space now only surrounds of my walkpath appears 1500 ms still bullshit. Wont win against injection bots :)

I try to run from wilderness lodesdone to varrock green drags. Also noticed injection bots loots 5 times faster. While dragon playing dying animation they walk to exzact spot the bones should appear. Seems like i will quit green drags project since nobody uses it and if u use injections bots way faster.

Lipcot
11-15-2014, 01:35 PM
1075x404 exzactly. 3,150,0.65 is the lowest it works. with 4,150,0.65 fails 100 percent of a time . Wildy is a difficult place..... Cutted even more space now only surrounds of my walkpath appears 1500 ms still bullshit. Wont win against injection bots :)

I try to run from wilderness lodesdone to varrock green drags. Also noticed injection bots loots 5 times faster. While dragon playing dying animation they walk to exzact spot the bones should appear. Seems like i will quit green drags project since nobody uses it and if u use injections bots way faster.

injection is probably faster.. but if you are using melee, you can loot almost as fast as an injection bot! you just need to store the coordinates of the dragon, and when you finish fighting, whatever function you have to detect fighting, you automatically walk to the coordinates you took while you were fighting him, and them you just loot in mainscreen.playerbox since you are on top of the loot pile!

Can you show your sps map? take into account that you are using 65% min match percent! thats a lot! the original (if you dont change it) is 30% so you are asking for a lot of matches

cosmasjdz
11-15-2014, 07:45 PM
injection is probably faster.. but if you are using melee, you can loot almost as fast as an injection bot! you just need to store the coordinates of the dragon, and when you finish fighting, whatever function you have to detect fighting, you automatically walk to the coordinates you took while you were fighting him, and them you just loot in mainscreen.playerbox since you are on top of the loot pile!

Can you show your sps map? take into account that you are using 65% min match percent! thats a lot! the original (if you dont change it) is 30% so you are asking for a lot of matches

Basicly you cant, since you need to determine if dragon is dead and that delay causes it. Either with pixel shift which is way tooslow or looking for combat bar like i use to. Also injection bots, you can run like 10 per computer and my version is 3 at moss 2 at varrock and if i add more functions ill get like 1. Id better go kill corp with 1 acc :D

So just quiting this project anyways script i released is outdated now for the canoe part, and nobody askmed me to fix, so assuming nobody using it and never used haha, gona make some body runes script maybe....And by the way red spider eggs farmed by injections bots too, shit crashing so gona release my private one too today.