PDA

View Full Version : Updating SRL-OSR

Kyle
11-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Hey guys,
So I've had some free time lately and instead of just making my own functions for a lot of SRL functions that didn't work, I am fixing them in the include and hopefully will get it back to being pretty well updated! Perhaps some of you might not know, but SRL-OSR doesn't autoupdate from Github, you have to download (https://github.com/SRL/SRL-OSR)and overwrite it manually, so make sure to do that in order to get the latest version, hopefully someone *cough *cough Wizzup? could consider adding it, some time.

So far here is what I have done

Added bank support to work with bank tabs or without
Fixed the skill orbs, credited Flight for his original work on them
Added MMLevels & ToggleMMOrb in order to use the orbs

Next I plan on updating the settings Gametab since OSR updated them with tabs. This will allow us to set the brightness and volume so we can use FixGraphics; which avoids a lot of problems for users.

If you have any other issues or bugs with the include just post here and i'll get to working on it! Definitely don't want this include to be out dated for much longer :P

rj
11-22-2014, 08:29 PM
we should just make either aerolib or SRL-OSR the official include no use in having 2

Kyle
11-22-2014, 08:39 PM
we should just make either aerolib or SRL-OSR the official include no use in having 2

Uhmmm... Well SRL-OSR is the official include

Harrier
11-22-2014, 08:41 PM
Tbh aero is much better, and gets updated much more.

ineedbot
11-22-2014, 08:42 PM
aerolib has nice features such as Slacky's text engine for better text recognition and SEWalker.

Kyle
11-22-2014, 08:48 PM
Wow did this ever get off topic quickly. Clearly I never said AeroLib wasn't a good include, and I would never say that. If you prefer to us it, please do. I would suggest you guys talk about it on that thread. This thread is about working on the official SRL-OSR include.

rj
11-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Wow did this ever get off topic quickly. Clearly I never said AeroLib wasn't a good include, and I would never say that. If you prefer to us it, please do. I would suggest you guys talk about it on that thread. This thread is about working on the official SRL-OSR include.

But pascalscript is outdated why not just update SRL-OSR to lape, but then you would be updating tens of thousands of lines of code

IDC what anyone does I'm just sayin' pasalscript is eventually going to be phased out

Turpinator
11-22-2014, 09:05 PM

"official"

NKN
11-22-2014, 09:20 PM

This isn't really "official" anymore.

That's like calling the reflection includes from 4 years ago still the official includes.

Incurable
11-23-2014, 02:17 AM
I'm not going to get into what's "official" and what's not, but seriously, we should be pushing for a combined SRL-RS3-OSR include in the style of SRL-6. Had I the knowledge, I'd start writing it myself, but I think that it's a total waste of time to have two different includes when you could pretty much have one include for both games and use interchangeable code between them.

Just think of how much easier it would be to script for both games if the language, style, and include were all the same?

I'm sorry if this is too off topic.

The Mayor
11-23-2014, 02:47 AM
I'm not going to get into what's "official" and what's not, but seriously, we should be pushing for a combined SRL-RS3-OSR include in the style of SRL-6. Had I the knowledge, I'd start writing it myself, but I think that it's a total waste of time to have two different includes when you could pretty much have one include for both games and use interchangeable code between them.

Just think of how much easier it would be to script for both games if the language, style, and include were all the same?

I'm sorry if this is too off topic.

Finally someone with an IQ above 10

Wizzup?
11-23-2014, 09:43 PM
The sentiment seems to be that having two or more includes is not particularly productive. Perhaps the two includes can be used to form a newer one, obsoleting both? That's essentially how SRL started, as well. Take all the different includes out there (at that point: like 8) and merge the best parts.

Of course: Who will do the work? :)

Hoodz
11-23-2014, 10:00 PM

time to shine wizzup!

Incurable
11-24-2014, 09:07 AM
The sentiment seems to be that having two or more includes is not particularly productive. Perhaps the two includes can be used to form a newer one, obsoleting both? That's essentially how SRL started, as well. Take all the different includes out there (at that point: like 8) and merge the best parts.

Sign me up! :p

But seriously, couldn't a lot of the code just be reused? It's still a lot of work, but not as much I wouldn't think. The community is currently divided between several includes, so why not combine all efforts into one include?

I mean damn, the fact that Legacy mode looks almost exactly like OSR should make it a LOT easier... unless I'm just completely wrong.

Frement
11-24-2014, 09:19 AM
#ProjectUnity (https://villavu.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=ProjectUnity)

TomTuff
11-24-2014, 10:03 AM
I mean damn, the fact that Legacy mode looks almost exactly like OSR should make it a LOT easier... unless I'm just completely wrong.

Damn, I had NOT thought of that.

Honestly even if we just had an {$IFDEF OSRS} for each function and it was just 2 different functions that do the same thing, that would be good enough.

Wizzup?
12-16-2014, 03:18 PM
It does seem like a nice idea. I hope to have a machine with Simba set up for macroing again somewhere at the end of this year.

The Mayor
12-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Work has already begun thanks to Olly https://github.com/SRL/SRL