PDA

View Full Version : FastFeathers v0.1 Public Alpha

Goobs
11-30-2014, 02:36 AM
Hey der!

So I made a script to buy feathers at Port Sarim, so I could sell them to other people for some profit. I wasn't planning on releasing it originally, but I felt it would be cool for everyone. It's not the best money/hr you can get, but it is great if you sell to other people for 4gp each. It buys feather packs from Gerrant and opens them. I ran it a few days ago and it works great, just give your bot some money and 1 feather in your second inventory slot and it will do well.

Many will say this script is simple, and I agree with that analysis. It is a simple script for a simple job, and it works pretty fast. You can buy the packs 1 at a time, 5 at a time, or 10 at a time, and my calculations say that 5 at a time is the best GP/hr you can get from the system. You will buy the feathers around an average of 2.21gp each.

So! Run it, test it, post debugs and errors, etc etc. I have shit satellite internet so it might be different for you normal people who have cool ISP's, but I dunno man. Lemme know if you need things changed :)

Enjoy!

Obquility
11-30-2014, 02:41 AM
Theres a limit to how many feathers you can buy isn't there? You could add that it goes to every store through walking or teleportung. Still a good script though, will save some time and make quick, easy cash :) ..

Goobs
11-30-2014, 02:45 AM
Oh no, this buys feather packs, which respawn 1 every second or so. You can run this script forever, provided you log it in after randoms fail or whatever. Absolutely no limit on feather packs :) Just do it in an empty world :)

Obquility
11-30-2014, 02:50 AM
Ahh nice! This would be useful for fletching then. Extreme cash :D

Kyle
11-30-2014, 02:50 AM
ProphesyOfWolf; Looks good man! Sometimes the simpler the script the better, glad to have some more people posting osr scripts!

Goobs
11-30-2014, 03:04 AM
I refuse to play RS3... Honestly it isn't even the same game anymore, and there are just too many differences to make it worth my time. I played RuneScape back when classic was all there was. My love for this game runs so deep. I just wish I hadn't been so busy during the last few years so I coulda written more scripts.

KeepBotting
11-30-2014, 03:25 AM
This is a really neat idea. Grats on the release.

I refuse to play RS3... Honestly it isn't even the same game anymore, and there are just too many differences to make it worth my time. I played RuneScape back when classic was all there was. My love for this game runs so deep. I just wish I hadn't been so busy during the last few years so I coulda written more scripts.
Oh dude, I feel you. If you had tried to write this script for RS3, you'd be having a bad time about now - NPC shops were updated so that each player has a single shop stock which carries across worlds. So this method is pretty much moot in RS3. However it's really great for OSRS!

Goobs
11-30-2014, 03:47 AM
Man, they had it right in 07, and then they hired a bunch of new people and fucked it all up. It became sort of like WoW from what I've seen (honestly, I've never played a nanosecond of RS3), and that doesn't belong in a browser game. I like OSRunescape and I hope other people learn to go back to it. I mean, shit, it's like 1.5m OSR gp to buy a bond, and that isn't shit to make in a few days. OSR is where it's at, where RuneScape actually is. Not this shit that they want people to play :(

Harrier
11-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Great script! Gonna make it buy the rune packs for me :p

Goobs
12-01-2014, 03:39 PM
I can't make things better if no one runs the script =P

icode
12-01-2014, 03:44 PM
I can't make things better if no one runs the script =P

It is simple, but simple is good. I like the script and it's very well done. You just need to be careful because it could look like very bot-like behavior if you do this at long time intervals exceeding an hour or so.