Kevin
12-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Fastest Bot Competition [Juniors (and Registered) Edition]

http://i.imgur.com/AEWqlit.png

Entry is open to:

Registered users
SRL Junior members

Note: SRL Members and above are not eligible

Post on the thread if you would like to enter. Scripts are due on the 12th of January 2015

Prize:

A total prize pool of 200m RS3 GP will be given out (possibly more)
1st: 100m; 2nd: 60m; 3rd: 40m;
Increased e-peen and respect at the oldest surviving RS botting community
Members will look favorably upon you if you ever apply for SRL Member
You will get the sought after SRL Competition Cup (only a handful of people have this)
You will also have the right to say that you are the ONLY person to ever win a speed bot competition here on these forums.

https://villavu.com/forum/images/ranks/competition.png

I am currently putting up 200m for this competition, I believe more may be incoming, at which point further positions, and higher awards may be given out.

Script Guidelines:

It must chop logs (the level 1 kind)
It uses SRL6
It banks said logs
You haven't already released the script
Trading with other accounts is disallowed.
I highly recommend testing at least once as there a number of nuances in the low level range (like that magical lvl 10 ad box)
In the event of a tie, the winner will be the account with more logs currently in inventory. If even that is a tie, then each script will get another shot for a tiebreaker.

Script quality is not a concern. The winning positions are entirely based on how many logs are banked within one hour! This is the perfect beginner's competition as the only grading criteria is the logs banked within a single one hour runtime (as ran by myself or NKN on fresh Level 1 accounts).

What the account is allowed to have before script runs:

Lodestones
A pre-designated starting position (just mention it in the PM when you submit the script)

Myself and NKN; will be judging all entries. PM your script to myself or NKN before the due date. Results will be released within one week of the competition closing. (Credits to Mayor for format of this thread)

Can you get help:

Yes you can! If you need help with your code, or have any questions, post them in the RS3 help section (https://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=646).

If you simply want to learn some of the basics to scripting today, then feel free to read away here:

Simplistic Beginners Guide to RS3 Scripting (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109161)
All-In-One SRL6 and RS3 Scripting Tutorial (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107757)

Entrants:

ignorant;
GRIM;
cosmasjdz;
undorak7;
Cyanempire;
Ghostman;
Suikerwafel;
HKbotz;

Good Luck!

Frement
12-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Yay another competition not for me.

NKN
12-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Yay another competition not for me.

There was supposed to be one for members too but the judging squad kind've went dark on me and Kevin

Incurable
12-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Awesome!

From experience with the previous competition, may I suggest that you include a starting position requirement since it is a race and races have defined beginnings and ends.

Good luck to all entrants, I look forward to seeing the scripts!

Ross
12-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Add a requirement: Math must be correct. Also if one script cuts more logs than another but they bank the same amount are you going with the one that cuts more?

Kevin
12-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Awesome!

From experience with the previous competition, may I suggest that you include a starting position requirement since it is a race and races have defined beginnings and ends.

Good luck to all entrants, I look forward to seeing the scripts!
But that's part of the challenge. If someone chooses a busy log cutting location because it's closer, then they need to compete with other woodcutter bots (not others in the competition those as each will be run separately). But if they choose a less botted area with slightly more walking, then they may win. It's partly encouraging script design through that :)

Add a requirement: Math must be correct. Also if one script cuts more logs than another but they bank the same amount are you going with the one that cuts more?

The one that has more in its inventory in that situation would win.

NKN
12-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Ninjad

Jake
12-12-2014, 06:54 PM
I might donate some GP or bonds to the pool.

Hoodz
12-12-2014, 07:12 PM

discrimination here.

cosmasjdz
12-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Ok i am in.

Got questions: Is changing spot allowed? For example i get lvl 15 at one spot then go to another one and at lvl 25 for example to another? Or it all should be at one spot? Can i add worldhopping to CERTAIN world if its crowded? Can script use another charachter as scout ? About hatchet changing is it allowed to have them in bank or do i need run to ge, or no hatchets change?

bonsai
12-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Ok i am in.

Got question is changing spot allowed? For example i get lvl 15 at one spot then go to another one and at lvl 25 for example to another? Or it all should be at one spot?

Watch out, boys, this guy is thinking.

The Mayor
12-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Ok i am in.

Got questions: Is changing spot allowed? For example i get lvl 15 at one spot then go to another one and at lvl 25 for example to another? Or it all should be at one spot? Can i add worldhopping to CERTAIN world if its crowded? Can script use another charachter as scout ? About hatchet changing is it allowed to have them in bank or do i need run to ge, or no hatchets change?

You've only got 1 hour, I wouldn't waste any of it on useless stuff :p

Nice thread layout Kevin ;)

Kevin
12-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Ok i am in.

Changing spots is perfectly allowed, so long as the script can handle it - keep in mind it will only be run for 1 hour. As for worldhopping, that is also allowed, although I recommend simply starting on a low crowded world (pre-determined country based worlds tend to be low population, and you can always sort the worlds by population before you login). Technically, if you want to program in a method to go sell the logs that you cut to buy a new hatchet, that is allowed. But again, keep in mind, the script will only be run for one hour, and that type of work may take longer than it's worth (although, maybe it is worth it, I dunno the math to that offhand and that's why it is allowed).

cosmasjdz
12-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Changing spots is perfectly allowed, so long as the script can handle it - keep in mind it will only be run for 1 hour. As for worldhopping, that is also allowed, although I recommend simply starting on a low crowded world (pre-determined country based worlds tend to be low population, and you can always sort the worlds by population before you login). Technically, if you want to program in a method to go sell the logs that you cut to buy a new hatchet, that is allowed. But again, keep in mind, the script will only be run for one hour, and that type of work may take longer than it's worth (although, maybe it is worth it, I dunno the math to that offhand and that's why it is allowed).

Well i used to get my dragon bots 30 wc by hand, manually it tooked around 50 minutes each, i think i got some good strategy :) For ge since hatchets are hard to buy i need to overpay alot to get them instantly but there is very significant increase in performance so may pay off. Anyways going to think of various solutions, and maybe will take some nice but unstable ones, going to ge might be that unstable one.

Turpinator
12-12-2014, 08:13 PM

what about killing goblins for a steel/iron hatchet?

or what if a random user just trades the person a better hatchet?

Kevin
12-12-2014, 08:17 PM

Well, we can read the file just fine to determine if it's a random user or not, but I suppose if it truly is a random and you have code to automatically accept all trades... Sure. Noting that I have no intention of letting people know when I run their accounts.

The Mayor
12-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Well, we can read the file just fine to determine if it's a random user or not, but I suppose if it truly is a random and you have code to automatically accept all trades... Sure. Noting that I have no intention of letting people know when I run their accounts.

I assumed everyone would just start with a rune hatchet since you're using your test account to judge?

Kevin
12-12-2014, 08:36 PM
I assumed everyone would just start with a rune hatchet since you're using your test account to judge?

No, pre-existing test account

This is the perfect beginner's competition as the only grading criteria is the logs banked within a single one hour runtime (as ran by myself or NKN on fresh Level 1 accounts).[/INDENT]

Ross
12-12-2014, 08:36 PM

Doesn't look like a part of the rules. I would assume bronze pickaxe from toolbelt since they're fresh accounts.

Edit: Kevin beat me.

masterBB
12-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Doesn't look like a part of the rules. I would assume bronze pickaxe from toolbelt since they're fresh accounts.

Edit: Kevin beat me.

I wouldn't use a pickaxe tbh.

Ross
12-12-2014, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't use a pickaxe tbh.

I think you're right. Maybe for tree stumps!

GRIM
12-13-2014, 05:54 AM
I'd like in on this action please. =)
do we send them the day before the deadline or once we're finished ?

Frement
12-13-2014, 05:58 AM
I'd like in on this action please. =)
do we send them the day before the deadline or once we're finished ?

With this kind of a competition, I'd suggest you use all the time you can to optimize the script :)

GRIM
12-13-2014, 06:12 AM
With this kind of a competition, I'd suggest you use all the time you can to optimize the script :)

Oh trust me that's the idea, hoping to make this my A+ for a debut here :)
Also perfecting this will run smooth within another script i've been working on

Cyanempire
12-13-2014, 06:19 AM
Perfect timing for that thing i was supposed to be doing

ignorant
12-13-2014, 06:21 AM
Hi, I am interested in joining. I'm still learning the ropes though. Is it alright if I enter but fail to produce anything before the deadline?

cosmasjdz
12-13-2014, 09:20 AM

Thinking what i am thinking of? By making 'Random' person-bot vandering around the predetermined location in the predetermined world 24/7 giving away hatchets ? :f:

Personally to avoid cheating i would forbid any trading/picking up and other 'unnatural' obtaining on hatchets, but killing goblins should be valid one. by the way will test accounts be done GE tutorial?

Turpinator
12-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Thinking what i am thinking of? By making 'Random' person-bot vandering around the predetermined location in the predetermined world 24/7 giving away hatchets ? :f:

Personally to avoid cheating i would forbid any trading/picking up and other 'unnatural' obtaining on hatchets, but killing goblins should be valid one. by the way will test accounts be done GE tutorial?

Id assume not. if you really want it, you could just make a few static clicks to hit next and next and next/

Kevin
12-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Added! :)

Perfect timing for that thing i was supposed to be doing
Does that mean you wish to join? :p

Hi, I am interested in joining. I'm still learning the ropes though. Is it alright if I enter but fail to produce anything before the deadline?
That's perfectly all right. And if you want, you can still submit whether or not you think you're the winning position, and can still always win one of the non-1st place positions :)

I've added you to the list now!

By making 'Random' person-bot vandering around the predetermined location in the predetermined world 24/7 giving away hatchets ? :f:
Well, You could always have that 'Random' person-bot wandering around the predetermined location giving away hatchets 24/7... But you do not know when I'm going to run the script, nor the name of the account that would be accepting. Sounds like a TON of effort to setup a 24/7 trading script just to hand axes To EVERYONE in the area.

Test accounts will NOT have the GE tutorial done, and while you can feel free to have the script do it, I don't think the GE is worth it in this competition, considering the run time maxes out at an hour and the winner is based on logs in bank when done.

Lipcot
12-13-2014, 08:07 PM
im in!

Cyanempire
12-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Yup. add me in.

cosmasjdz
12-15-2014, 06:53 AM
Is it allowed to start with direct-x or do i need to write routine to change it from opel gl?

3Garrett3
12-15-2014, 03:03 PM
For reference (from a guy who spent a couple months fine tuning an evergreen chopper), you should be able to get approximately 400 logs in an hour on a fresh account depending on where you cut/bank them.

I think if anyone gets over 400 logs then I'd be surprised, I find about 400-500 per hour is reasonable with my chopper and that's with 60 WC and a rune hatchet, although my location is not nearly the closest patch of trees to a bank.

Ghostman
12-15-2014, 05:05 PM
It's been a long time since I've touch SCAR, I mean SIMBA :D.

But I'm in!

Kevin
12-15-2014, 05:29 PM
im in!
Added and forgot to quote :(

Yup. add me in.
Added!

Is it allowed to start with direct-x or do i need to write routine to change it from opel gl?
I'm pretty sure the default setup start for simba scripts in Direct-X, so that should be fine to assume DX ;)

It's been a long time since I've touch SCAR, I mean SIMBA :D.

But I'm in!
Added!

cosmasjdz
12-15-2014, 05:29 PM
For reference (from a guy who spent a couple months fine tuning an evergreen chopper), you should be able to get approximately 400 logs in an hour on a fresh account depending on where you cut/bank them.

I think if anyone gets over 400 logs then I'd be surprised, I find about 400-500 per hour is reasonable with my chopper and that's with 60 WC and a rune hatchet, although my location is not nearly the closest patch of trees to a bank.

My first test was 280 only :( I would be verry happy to get over 350. Actually you manage to get so much because running tooks only like 5 percent of time at wc 1-10 and like increases up to around to 30 percent to higher levels. Basicly chooping is what it takes long and low wc lvl makes it to be soo slow. Also i think ammount could differ +-20 percent. Because first levels have huge deviation between. For example fastest time i got 6 wc was 2:03 and longest 11:14, the higher the levels the less deviation so basicly who starts good wins it. At lvl 23-26 which is when the hour runs out tooks 13:19-15:10. Jagex randomness makes you win or lose :) Which makes competition even more unpredictable and fun.

Also calculations with 99 wc and rune axe was 840 logs for location i am running at(or 1:59-2:03 for a 28 logs<- look at deviation at high level, only 4 seconds per trip in half a hour test...while at starting at 1to full inventory can prolly take like from 2:50 to 15 mins :))...So 400 is very unlikely starting with 1 wc but not imposible if having some luck.

3Garrett3
12-15-2014, 05:49 PM
My first test was 280 only :( I would be verry happy to get over 350. Actually you manage to get so much because running tooks only like 5 percent of time at wc 1-10 and like increases up to around to 30 percent to higher levels. Basicly chooping is what it takes long and low wc lvl makes it to be soo slow. Also i think ammount could differ +-20 percent. Because first levels have huge deviation between. For example fastest time i got 6 wc was 2:03 and longest 11:14, the higher the levels the less deviation so basicly who starts good wins it. At lvl 23-26 which is when the hour runs out tooks 13:19-15:10. Jagex randomness makes you win or lose :) Which makes competition even more unpredictable and fun.

Also calculations with 99 wc and rune axe was 840 logs for location i am running at(or 1:59-2:03 for a 28 logs<- look at deviation at high level, only 4 seconds per trip in half a hour test...while at starting at 1to full inventory can prolly take like from 2:50 to 15 mins :))...So 400 is very unlikely starting with 1 wc but not imposible if having some luck.

My thoughts exactly. If anyone can top 400 in any location I think it's an automatic win. The competition will almost surely be decided by whoever gets the lucky chops, so if I had to make any recommendations I would say that minimizing time between trees being cut is extremely important. You could also try some workarounds for the very long waits that randomly occur but that might be giving too much away ;)

cosmasjdz
12-15-2014, 05:55 PM
My thoughts exactly. If anyone can top 400 in any location I think it's an automatic win. The competition will almost surely be decided by whoever gets the lucky chops, so if I had to make any recommendations I would say that minimizing time between trees being cut is extremely important. You could also try some workarounds for the very long waits that randomly occur but that might be giving too much away ;)

i am planning to use few different methods for the waits. Thanks for the tips, got any more? I might use fixel shift at lower levels decide if i am actually cutting it because sometimes it takes 80 seconds to cut first tree, so wait for inventory increase 80 secs is not worth it. But at higher levels it may work just fine. Also worldhopping seems nearly a must because if you low lvl and getting crashed then goodfight...

Kevin
12-15-2014, 05:59 PM

I do believe luck will affect the outcome a little... but over an hour, luck kinda washes out for the most part. I think the winning script will have a few key things:
1)Checks for competition. Be this world-hopping or picking a world with no bots to begin with (two techniques exist for this: non-english worlds, and sorting worlds by players and picking smallest).
2)Highlighting the next tree while waiting on the current to finish. No need to spend time looking for trees AFTER you cut yours down, start searching after you click on the first one :)
3)Checks to make sure current tree is chopped down. Maybe inventory, maybe actually watching current tree for disappearing leaves
4)A few other features, but I can't give every optimization away, can I ;)

3Garrett3
12-15-2014, 06:28 PM
I do believe luck will affect the outcome a little... but over an hour, luck kinda washes out for the most part. I think the winning script will have a few key things:
1)Checks for competition. Be this world-hopping or picking a world with no bots to begin with (two techniques exist for this: non-english worlds, and sorting worlds by players and picking smallest).
2)Highlighting the next tree while waiting on the current to finish. No need to spend time looking for trees AFTER you cut yours down, start searching after you click on the first one :)
3)Checks to make sure current tree is chopped down. Maybe inventory, maybe actually watching current tree for disappearing leaves
4)A few other features, but I can't give every optimization away, can I ;)

The biggest "luck factor" will be the bot who gets above whatever level is required to stop having so much variance first. At lvl 1, you could get a log in 2 seconds or it could take 90 seconds. At level 40 (and rune hatchet) you're almost guaranteed to get a log in 1-2 seconds every time. The key to optimizing from level 1 is to manage luck so that it goes your way more often, while the key to optimizing from level 40 would be more important to avoid long antibans, pre-hover trees, etc.

I think there's a few possible ways to push luck in your favour but I'm not giving too much away for anyone ;)

cosmasjdz
12-15-2014, 07:53 PM
The biggest "luck factor" will be the bot who gets above whatever level is required to stop having so much variance first. At lvl 1, you could get a log in 2 seconds or it could take 90 seconds. At level 40 (and rune hatchet) you're almost guaranteed to get a log in 1-2 seconds every time. The key to optimizing from level 1 is to manage luck so that it goes your way more often, while the key to optimizing from level 40 would be more important to avoid long antibans, pre-hover trees, etc.

I think there's a few possible ways to push luck in your favour but I'm not giving too much away for anyone ;)

Antiban will be sacrificed for performance and there is no way to even get lvl 30. I made by hand got lvl 27 :) race could be however faster cause no need for human reaction times.... I spotted my bot does trip 3-5 seconds faster than i do now :)

And yep for first few lvls optimization will be decisive probably. Unless someone will need worldhop several times. Like said before once i got 21 logs in 2:03 starting with lvl 1 while with rune axe i get 28 in 1:59 so pure luck.

Also, managing lagg lines is crucial too. Now working on that.

tealc
12-16-2014, 12:15 AM

More players means trees respawn faster, unless that has been changed.
Also if I sold logs to buy a better axe. Would those logs count towards the total?

Bixby Sayz
12-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Just to confirm, this will be a f2p account you will be testing script with?

NKN
12-16-2014, 01:54 AM
Just to confirm, this will be a f2p account you will be testing script with?

Correct.

Kevin
12-16-2014, 02:25 AM
More players means trees respawn faster, unless that has been changed.
Also if I sold logs to buy a better axe. Would those logs count towards the total?

More players does mean respawn faster, but is that worth the localized competition? It's a part of the design for this competition. It's up to you to determine what is fully the best.

Those logs will NOT count towards the total. The timer ends when the hour hits, and the winner has the most in bank + inventory.

fastler
12-16-2014, 01:53 PM
So let me get this straight, is it only allowed to chop normal logs? And if so, are evergreens allowed? But if not, which log types are counted?
^ check that if-then-else logic

Frement
12-16-2014, 02:05 PM
So let me get this straight, is it only allowed to chop normal logs? And if so, are evergreens allowed? But if not, which log types are counted?

Evergreen result in normal logs, so yes, evergreens should be allowed. (Unless I am completely wrong, which I may be, I'm pretty sure they give normal logs :))

Lipcot
12-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Evergreen result in normal logs, so yes, evergreens should be allowed. (Unless I am completely wrong, which I may be, I'm pretty sure they give normal logs :))

they do

Kevin
12-16-2014, 03:30 PM

Like Frement mentions above - any tree that when chopped produces normal logs, is fair. This also includes the unmentioned dead trees (and that's it as far as my memory serves).

serajin
12-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Dead Trees OP.

Kevin
12-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Dead Trees OP.

Shall I write your name on the competition list as well, noob?

ignorant
12-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Hi, I would like to pull out of the competition =/

I'm just too busy this month and I am struggling too much to write a simple script. I doubt I will be able to submit anything hence the withdrawal...

Kevin
12-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Hi, I would like to pull out of the competition =/

I'm just too busy this month and I am struggling too much to write a simple script. I doubt I will be able to submit anything hence the withdrawal...

If you wish to withdraw, I have no problem removing your name, although I would like to point out that there are no negatives to signing up and simply failing to submit by the end. It means you can't win, and that's about it.

The Spark
12-26-2014, 12:34 AM
http://i.gyazo.com/0d5346ec31279a19d50eaec948896aef.png

He made members after he signed up, just wondering if he is still allowed to participate since his name is still on OP? ^_^

cosmasjdz
12-26-2014, 10:24 AM

He made members after he signed up, just wondering if he is still allowed to participate since his name is still on OP? ^_^

omg, if he is allowed then rest of us need to make a riot :) Cause otherwise chances getting that pretty pixelious cup is non existing...

SlipperyPickle
12-26-2014, 10:37 AM
Sounds like a challenge! :) Count me in, until when do we have to make the script?

EDIT: just saw this topic is two weeks old, don't know if I still have enough time?

cosmasjdz
12-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Sounds like a challenge! :) Count me in, until when do we have to make the script?

EDIT: just saw this topic is two weeks old, don't know if I still have enough time?

until 2015 jan 12

By the way if lagg half of the srl include crashes...

Also because of that deviation of my test script are +- 200 logs :D For me its 200 +- 200 logs haha, very acurately.

I think fairiest would be to let script run like 3 times and count highest result.

Kevin
12-26-2014, 03:24 PM

omg, if he is allowed then rest of us need to make a riot :) Cause otherwise chances getting that pretty pixelious cup is non existing...
Technically yes, this is allowed. Although, don't think that a single member is pushing it over the edge for difficulty. I know plenty of very confident juniors that I believe would put me to shame in this contest! I'm sure you for example could reach members if you tried. If we disqualified people simply on skill level of a member, then there'd be very few people left in this competition! :D (Note: we will and have forced people to up the ante into harder competitions if we think they are legitimately too good for the level they're officially at)

There is plenty of time to still make the script. Like Cosmasjdz mentions above, you have until January 12th. And that is far more than plenty of time left to do this competition :)

until 2015 jan 12

By the way if lagg half of the srl include crashes...

Also because of that deviation of my test script are +- 200 logs :D For me its 200 +- 200 logs haha, very acurately.

I think fairiest would be to let script run like 3 times and count highest result.

I'll be honest, I just about never have lag problems myself, and even when I do, I never really have issues with scripts crashing. Usually simple failsafes should account for plenty of the cases, and if there are cases where that's not the case, please feel free to make a public thread and get some help with the issue. This is the perfect time to do exactly that :)

HKbotz
01-02-2015, 12:16 AM
I would like to join, although since term is about to start I can't promise I'll be able to submit in time.

Also will the accounts be f2p or p2p? And can we use other methods of teleporting, like tabs, jewelry, etc? I'm guessing not since predetermined says lodestones, but just wanted to double check.

Since this has to use SRL I assume things like moveMouse and clickMouse, etc are not allowed? I know they're bad to use in a real script, but for speed it would cut off a few seconds :p

NKN
01-02-2015, 01:32 AM
I would like to join, although since term is about to start I can't promise I'll be able to submit in time.

Also will the accounts be f2p or p2p? And can we use other methods of teleporting, like tabs, jewelry, etc? I'm guessing not since predetermined says lodestones, but just wanted to double check.

Since this has to use SRL I assume things like moveMouse and clickMouse, etc are not allowed? I know they're bad to use in a real script, but for speed it would cut off a few seconds :p
Sure, use moveMouse and clickMouse, don't get banned though.

All accounts will be brand new fresh F2P.

If you want to get teleports, your script better earn GP and buy them.

KeepBotting
01-02-2015, 01:35 AM
Hypothetical question: could I enter this comp?

NKN
01-02-2015, 01:43 AM

Why couldn't you?

cosmasjdz
01-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Ok got it actually done, just need fine tunning. Just got few questions. Will the Xp pop ups be turned off? because it messes with the bankscreen.isopen() if they open. Also will guidance system messages will be off ? Dealt with lvl 10 popups through on opengl included one didnt worked...

Also interesting fact. Runned latest version with 3 accounts, deviation between lowest and highest was 103 logs :)

lanadekat
01-02-2015, 12:13 PM

No, if you do there's no reason for other people to try xD You should have been SRL member for a long time already. But yea according to the rules you're allowed to join.

Just wondering what timezone are we talking about? "PM your script to myself or NKN before the due date." 10 days isn't a lot and if I'm gonna start every hour might help :)
Oh and can we use sps and include the map in the PM or do we have to make an auto downloader in the script?

SlipperyPickle
01-02-2015, 02:11 PM
It's probably going to be a few nights without sleep for me. Just finished my first script, so I just have 10 days to create this script :P

Harrier
01-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Why couldn't you?
Guessing because of his iOak script?

Kevin
01-02-2015, 05:18 PM

Any code can be used, no worries at all. If your account gets banned within the hour, well that's the only possible disadvantage to using it... Although keep in mind, it only has to survive one hour :)

As for what the accounts will have, like NKN mentions, they will be brand new fresh accounts. All error boxes that pop up, and all walking (except lodestones) has to be handled. If you want to teleport or use jewelry to travel, then you have to somehow get the account to be capable of using it (I don't recommend that considering the time constraint :p).

As for getting it up and running in time, woodcutters shouldn't take too long, I'm sure you can do it if you push for it :)

Absolutely, you're not a member or above.

Ok got it actually done, just need fine tunning. Just got few questions. Will the Xp pop ups be turned off? because it messes with the bankscreen.isopen() if they open. Also will guidance system messages will be off ? Dealt with lvl 10 popups through on opengl included one didnt worked...

Also interesting fact. Runned latest version with 3 accounts, deviation between lowest and highest was 103 logs :)
Xp pop ups can be something you ask us to turn on or off as a default setting, as can guidance system messages. As such, I heavily recommend mentioning that in the PM to us if you have a specific requirement for one of those 2. I'm working on a method of handling randomness of first few levels. Not sure exact solution, but definitely want to make luck a smaller portion of the overall results.

No, if you do there's no reason for other people to try xD You should have been SRL member for a long time already. But yea according to the rules you're allowed to join.

Just wondering what timezone are we talking about? "PM your script to myself or NKN before the due date." 10 days isn't a lot and if I'm gonna start every hour might help :)
Oh and can we use sps and include the map in the PM or do we have to make an auto downloader in the script?
Keep in mind, the majority of this script won't be quality - in fact no grading portion is on coding quality, so it's all about design. That doesn't put KeepBotting necessarily above anyone. We did ban Akarigar as a junior member from being able to join this competition though, because we did foresee him unbalancing this competition (he's the junior in the member comp :p).

Timezone is fairly superfluous. If you're a few hours late, we won't really mind, but if you try to hand it a solid 24 hours after every timezone has passed the date, then that's a different story :p WE can assume everyone lives in the Samoan islands if that helps (last timezone to end the due day).

It's probably going to be a few nights without sleep for me. Just finished my first script, so I just have 10 days to create this script :P
Go for it, I expect a number of people to actually fail to submit their applications despite signing up so it's very possible to just smoke everyone simply on lack of attendance even :p

SlipperyPickle
01-06-2015, 09:20 PM
I know I have enlisted for this competition. But my mother got hospitalized yesterday. So I'll be spending most of my time there coming weeks. Probably ain't going to be able to finish my script because of that. Sorry, would have liked to see it go differently :(

NKN
01-06-2015, 09:25 PM
I know I have enlisted for this competition. But my mother got hospitalized yesterday. So I'll be spending most of my time there coming weeks. Probably ain't going to be able to finish my script because of that. Sorry, would have liked to see it go differently :(

No worries man, your family always comes first.

I wish your mother the best of luck.

HKbotz
01-07-2015, 09:59 AM
I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make the script in time, but I have a functional one now. I plan to keep working on it and improving it before turning it in, but even if I don't get all the improvements I want done I'll still submit what I have, so for sure count me in :)

Kevin
01-07-2015, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry that came up, but I definitely encourage you to do as you are and put family first. I hope she gets better soon! :(

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make the script in time, but I have a functional one now. I plan to keep working on it and improving it before turning it in, but even if I don't get all the improvements I want done I'll still submit what I have, so for sure count me in :)

Sounds great! Nobody has submitted so far, which I HOPE is because people want the extra time to bugfix :)

cosmasjdz
01-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Sounds great! Nobody has submitted so far, which I HOPE is because people want the extra time to bugfix :)

Made, ran tests, had some great results, forgot, remembered, have no time cause of exams. Probably will try to retest it the last day before deadline and then submit :) Also 'silent pig is digging deep root' i mean about cyanempire and undorak.

Lipcot
01-11-2015, 05:00 AM
submitted my script, expect nothing of it! made it in 2 hours... arrived home from vacations at 10:30 pm, leaving tomorrow again at 8:00 am.. (its 2 am now) so yeah, i dont expect to win anything here! would love the cup though :garfield:

i wish Luck to everyone and keep it up! there is still time to register and make a script!

Lipcot (undorak7).

riwu
01-11-2015, 05:53 AM
submitted my script, expect nothing of it! made it in 2 hours... arrived home from vacations at 10:30 pm, leaving tomorrow again at 8:00 am.. (its 2 am now) so yeah, i dont expect to win anything here! would love the cup though :garfield:

i wish Luck to everyone and keep it up! there is still time to register and make a script!

Lipcot (undorak7).

Did you post on the wrong thread?
https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

Lipcot
01-11-2015, 06:02 AM

nope! i got srl membs after entering the competition and was allowed to participate in both! Although i havent even had time to make a script for the other competition

cosmasjdz
01-11-2015, 01:37 PM

Lipcot (undorak7).

Have you made a test run? If so howmany logs did it got?

Submitted mine one aswell, got no time for making it any faster. Now working at around 80% efficiency.

Kevin
01-11-2015, 06:17 PM

nope! i got srl membs after entering the competition and was allowed to participate in both! Although i havent even had time to make a script for the other competition
That's indeed true. According to past competition rules, membership status at time of announcement is what matters for determining eligibility.

The Mayor
01-11-2015, 08:52 PM
It will be interesting to see the chosen locations. I reckon somewhere around Draynor/Edgeville will be the best.

Lipcot
01-12-2015, 03:30 AM
It will be interesting to see the chosen locations. I reckon somewhere around Draynor/Edgeville will be the best.

i chose edgeville :p

NKN
01-12-2015, 12:19 PM
ignorant; GRIM; cosmasjdz; Lipcot; Cyanempire; Ghostman; Suikerwafel; HKbotz;

Get your scripts in before the deadline!

PM Kevin or myself!

cosmasjdz
01-12-2015, 05:15 PM

PM Kevin or myself!

Sent yesterday to Kevin.:) It is around edgeville. Probably going to be stangest one with fixed coordinates and other fixed stuff. Hoepfully fastest one :)

Kevin
01-12-2015, 05:47 PM

PM Kevin or myself!
I've got Lipcot's and Cosmasjdz's (that's a weird one to do possessive on).

Sent yesterday to Kevin.:) It is around edgeville. Probably going to be stangest one with fixed coordinates and other fixed stuff. Hoepfully fastest one :)
Those are most definitely allowed things, so don't worry about that. Speed is the only goal :)

HKbotz
01-12-2015, 07:26 PM
Just submitted mine to Kevin.

cosmasjdz
01-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Kevin;

How is testing going? I am afraid mine wouldnt buy that hatchet nowadays :( Anyways it was my risk. If everything ok was going for 550'ish logs. Without i think could be around 380'ish..

Kevin
01-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Kevin;

How is testing going? I am afraid mine wouldnt buy that hatchet nowadays :( Anyways it was my risk. If everything ok was going for 550'ish logs. Without i think could be around 380'ish..

I have run all of the scripts, however the goal was to have 2 judges run everything to get an average of 2 runs for each script for results and NKN lost computer privileges after running one script. I'm looking to hunt down another person to run all the scripts now...

cosmasjdz; HKbotz; serajin; Lipcot; are the four who submitted by the due date.

3Garrett3
01-20-2015, 03:20 PM
I have run all of the scripts, however the goal was to have 2 judges run everything to get an average of 2 runs for each script for results and NKN lost computer privileges after running one script. I'm looking to hunt down another person to run all the scripts now...

cosmasjdz; HKbotz; serajin; Lipcot; are the four who submitted by the due date.

If you don't find someone I can do it this evening (in about 11 hours I'll be home). It would be nice if someone else went through the trouble of creating the dummy accounts for me though.

Edit: This commitment is completely subject to it being allowed that I run all 4 at the same time, as I will have approximately 2 hours of free time this evening after work, which will only really allow for one attempt at running for 1 hour (personal setup, updates of SRL, etc.)

Kevin
01-20-2015, 06:45 PM
If you don't find someone I can do it this evening (in about 11 hours I'll be home). It would be nice if someone else went through the trouble of creating the dummy accounts for me though.

Edit: This commitment is completely subject to it being allowed that I run all 4 at the same time, as I will have approximately 2 hours of free time this evening after work, which will only really allow for one attempt at running for 1 hour (personal setup, updates of SRL, etc.)

NKN just updated me saying he's going to try and run them all tonight before his computer is taken away (I thought it already had been tbh). If he fails to get them all in time, I'm likely to hunt down another official judge (Bonsai first, if not then Mayor, if not then I'll do some more hunting).

Thanks for the offer though! I'll keep it in mind if every judge is busy.

3Garrett3
01-20-2015, 07:43 PM
NKN just updated me saying he's going to try and run them all tonight before his computer is taken away (I thought it already had been tbh). If he fails to get them all in time, I'm likely to hunt down another official judge (Bonsai first, if not then Mayor, if not then I'll do some more hunting).

Thanks for the offer though! I'll keep it in mind if every judge is busy.

No problem, if it's any consolation I think I was supposed to be a judge because I volunteered to NKN at some point before the competition started. So I'm basically part way there ;). If you need a hand with anything just let me know what I can help with.

wowgnomes
01-22-2015, 02:20 PM
Oooh, looks like I missed the event...Are there going to be things like this in the future?

Kevin
01-28-2015, 07:01 AM
Oooh, looks like I missed the event...Are there going to be things like this in the future?

Yup, we tend to have events like this every 6-12 months :)