PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Bot Competition [Member's Edition]

Kevin
12-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Fastest Bot Competition - $100+ first prize!

http://i.imgur.com/AEWqlit.png

Entry is open to:

SRL Members
Everyone Above Member as well

Post on the thread if you would like to enter. Scripts are due on the 12th of January 2015

Prize:

A total prize pool of 200m RS3 GP will be given out (possibly more) - (note: my personal donation will be delayed due to having to collect it after donating to the jmem- competition)
1st: 100m + $100; 2nd: 60m; 3rd: 40m;
Increased e-peen and respect at the oldest surviving RS botting community
You will get the sought after SRL Competition Cup (only a handful of people have this)
You will also have the right to say that you are the winning MEMBER+ of the first ever ranked speed botting competition.

https://villavu.com/forum/images/ranks/competition.png

I am currently putting up 200m for this competition, although it will be a delayed gift after the competition. I believe more may be incoming, at which point further positions, and higher awards may be given out. Bonsai has graciously posted an amazing $100 for the first prize! Good luck and let the competition come on!

Script Guidelines:

It will mine
The account will start at level 1 mining
It uses SRL6
It banks said ore/clay
Nobody has already released the script
Trading with other accounts is disallowed.
The script must stop itself.
The goal is level 40 mining, banking everything mined along the way - NO POWERMINING
I highly recommend testing at least once as there a number of nuances in the low level range (like that magical lvl 10 ad box)

Script quality is a concern. Quality will be marked on a 50 point scale, with the speed rating given the other 50 points (as decided by averaging the scores of the competitors, such that the average score is 25 in speed).

What the account is allowed to have before script runs:

A pre-designated starting position (just mention it in the PM when you submit the script)

Myself, NKN, and bonsai; will be judging all entries. PM your script to myself or NKN (Do not PM the script to Bonsai) before the due date. Results will be released within one week of the competition closing. (Credits to Mayor for format of this thread)

Can you get help:

Yes you can! If you need help with your code, or have any questions, post them in the RS3 help section (https://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=646).

If you simply want to learn some of the basics to scripting today (because we all know you guys have barely scripted since gaining member's), then feel free to read away here:

Simplistic Beginners Guide to RS3 Scripting (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109161)
All-In-One SRL6 and RS3 Scripting Tutorial (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107757)

Entrants:

Ross;
Frement;
TomTuff;
akarigar;
undorak7;
Foundry;
King;
riwu;

Good Luck!

Ross
12-12-2014, 08:58 PM
In.

masterBB
12-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Will lodestones be activated?

E: I asume it is f2p?

Kevin
12-12-2014, 09:21 PM

It will be f2p, as the only assumption you can have is that the account has a pre-determined starting point. The plan at the moment is that no Lodestones will be activated, HOWEVER, people can feel free to activate lodestones themselves and then use them in the process of the script.

Kevin
12-12-2014, 09:31 PM
In.

HUGE NOTICE: Bonsai has just donated $100 cash, to be doled out as the winner desires (so long as he can accomplish any related desire) to the winning position!

Frement
12-12-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm in, as you most likely already knew.

TomTuff
12-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Count me in :)

akarigar
12-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Make me honorary member for this one. ;)

bonsai
12-12-2014, 09:47 PM

Considering you are a developer by trade I deem you ineligible for the non-member competition.

(Which means you're ok for this one)

Kevin
12-12-2014, 09:48 PM

Sorry Ash, you're only eligible for a competition based on the rank as they are announced. If you wish to submit something merely to see where you could have ranked, I'm willing to accomodate you, however it can't/won't be official.

The Killer
12-12-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm not in... but out of intrest are you allowing other stats (combat for agressive monsters and dungonereering gives some extra spots...)

Kevin
12-12-2014, 09:52 PM
I'm not in... but out of intrest are you allowing other stats (combat for agressive monsters and dungonereering gives some extra spots...)

Nope, the accounts will be made by the judges from scratch. I suppose if someone wanted to, the script could ALSO level combat to prepare for that... But I doubt it's worth it.

The Killer
12-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Nope, the accounts will be made by the judges from scratch. I suppose if someone wanted to, the script could ALSO level combat to prepare for that... But I doubt it's worth it.

Well if its for speed then some of the best spots may require combat? I just wanted clarity :P

Kevin
12-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Well if its for speed then some of the best spots may require combat? I just wanted clarity :P

No spot should REQUIRE combat... combat may make them easier, but you can program it to avoid the monsters :)

Edit: I also haven't seen Clarity; speak up yet ;)

The Killer
12-12-2014, 10:19 PM
No spot should REQUIRE combat... combat may make them easier, but you can program it to avoid the monsters :)

Edit: I also haven't seen Clarity; speak up yet ;)
But it would help a lot.. avoiding them takes time... which I believe isnt the point? to take your time?
and yeah... clarity bby... I want you<3

Also define fastest... is it fastest xp/hr or first to level 40? (and yes I do realise if you bot it from 1 to 40 its the same thing but clarity;))

Kevin
12-12-2014, 10:28 PM
But it would help a lot.. avoiding them takes time... which I believe isnt the point? to take your time?
and yeah... clarity bby... I want you<3

Also define fastest... is it fastest xp/hr or first to level 40? (and yes I do realise if you bot it from 1 to 40 its the same thing but clarity;))

The shortest time from script start to lvl 40 mining via the mining skill. I suppose fastest xp/hr would also be true in that case though :p

Ian
12-12-2014, 10:32 PM
The shortest time from script start to lvl 40 mining via the mining skill. I suppose fastest xp/hr would also be true in that case though :p
How long does 40 mining take?

Edit: I guess that question doesn't make sense because it depends. I guess I was thinking theoretical fastest possible.

Camel
12-12-2014, 11:41 PM
I'll give this a shot. 100 dollars is 25 12-packs of soda. That is 300 cans of soda. The stakes are high.

Also, are we allowed to give you some setup requirements? For example, asking that you run it in DirectX mode only?

riwu
12-13-2014, 12:10 AM
Srl6 only? So using opengl hooking is not allowed?
Also if u want to switch location when u reach certain level, u have to code it to auto switch and walk right? (i.e. user don't have to manually navigate the player around then restart script again

Could u elaborate on the 'quality' score? Is it just based on how human-like the script is, or whether the script uses advanced/creative methods?

Kevin
12-13-2014, 12:11 AM
I'll give this a shot. 100 dollars is 25 12-packs of soda. That is 300 cans of soda. The stakes are high.

Also, are we allowed to give you some setup requirements? For example, asking that you run it in DirectX mode only?

Normal rs3 setup will be used, without any interception. However, I suppose I'd you're script could both change the settings to the desired setup and change them back when done, that could be allowed... I'll add onto the guidelines later showing the normal setup, if needed.

Kevin
12-13-2014, 12:27 AM
Srl6 only? So using opengl hooking is not allowed?
Also if u want to switch location when u reach certain level, u have to code it to auto switch and walk right? (i.e. user don't have to manually navigate the player around then restart script again

Could u elaborate on the 'quality' score? Is it just based on how human-like the script is, or whether the script uses advanced/creative methods?

(This would have been an edit to prior message, however using this website on mobile doesn't allow for it)

Correct, hooking is not allowed at the moment, although you could try and convince the other judges that you could devise a method of automatically setting up the plugin and hooks up a machine without it as part of the script.

Yes it has to be able to walk itself to the next area and continue.

As for quality scoring, it would be mostly based on script quality, with some marks based on human-like natures. Look at mayor's competition for a rough example, I can try and define it more in detail tomorrow if you wish?

Lipcot
12-13-2014, 03:18 AM
How long does 40 mining take?

Edit: I guess that question doesn't make sense because it depends. I guess I was thinking theoretical fastest possible.

i cant tell you how long it takes, but its exactly: 37,224 xp

2411 is required for lvl 15. that is 138 copper/tin ore.

and then you just need to mine 995 iron ore.

just to be sure, the player wont start with ANY money nor lodestones activated?

PD: im IN! :)

akarigar
12-13-2014, 10:27 AM
I can try and define it more in detail tomorrow if you wish?

Would appreciate that.

Foundry
12-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Sign me up.

Lipcot
12-13-2014, 06:45 PM

i messed up, thought this was the non srl memb comp haha. If i get accepted to SRL memb then i'll take part in this one, if not, the other one :p

it was late at night when i originally posted

Kevin
12-13-2014, 07:08 PM

Just spoke with the other judges and it sounds like we can let jmem into this so long as you understand that most of your opponents are Members or above. That does not mean you can't win, but they do tend to have more experience. Also, you can join both competitions if you wish, technically.

Sign me up.

Both of you are added!

Incurable
12-14-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm not entirely sure that I understand the competition, is the winner the one that gets to level 40 Mining (with banking) the fastest with a fresh account?

masterBB
12-14-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm not entirely sure that I understand the competition, is the winner the one that gets to level 40 Mining (with banking) the fastest with a fresh account?

You understood it correctly. Switching places is optional, I dont think buying another pickage as bronze would be worthwhile, but that would be even more epic.

Lipcot
12-14-2014, 07:59 PM
do we choose in which world it will log in ? can we world hop?

Kevin
12-14-2014, 11:05 PM
You understood it correctly. Switching places is optional, I dont think buying another pickage as bronze would be worthwhile, but that would be even more epic.
Yup, although with some light searching, I do think the optimal path will include upgrading picks once automatically... Although not necessarily via GE... :)

do we choose in which world it will log in ? can we world hop?
Yes and yes. It's likely that both will be desirable unless you implement a foreign world implementation as bots are very rarely seen on non English worlds.

King
12-15-2014, 12:11 AM
Count me in as well!

Kevin
12-15-2014, 04:49 AM
Count me in as well!

And added!

bonsai
12-26-2014, 03:14 PM
It's been a couple of weeks since anyone posted... I hope a few people are working on something!

If not, Frement is going to win as the only submitter. He's going to use the prizes for something ridiculous like alpaca toys (http://www.amazon.com/Large-Brown-Alpaca-Teddy-Bear/dp/B004TU15BK/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1419606740&sr=1-1&keywords=toy+alpaca).

If you want something sweet like a drone (http://www.amazon.com/Hero-RC-Camera-Channel-Quadcopter/dp/8499004768/ref=sr_1_19?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1419606265&sr=1-19&keywords=drone) you still have time.

The Mayor
01-02-2015, 12:25 AM
I have the fastest 1 -> 40 method in the game hands down, but I'm too lazy to write the script :(

J J
01-02-2015, 12:42 AM
Interesting challenge, I have a few other projects that I need to work on but might work on a script for this challenge :stirthepot:

The accounts will be f2p, right? So we can give the starting location but will we start with a pickaxe? No other items allowed?

And everything needs to be banked so there is no way to upgrade your pickaxe I guess? Would it be allowed to just do anything with the ores EXCEPT dropping?

NKN
01-02-2015, 01:35 AM
Interesting challenge, I have a few other projects that I need to work on but might work on a script for this challenge :stirthepot:

The accounts will be f2p, right? So we can give the starting location but will we start with a pickaxe? No other items allowed?

And everything needs to be banked so there is no way to upgrade your pickaxe I guess? Would it be allowed to just do anything with the ores EXCEPT dropping?

You start with a bronze pickax.
I'll have to talk to Kevin about selling some ores.

edit:

You can do anything with the ores besides drop them.

J J
01-02-2015, 03:50 AM
You start with a bronze pickax.
I'll have to talk to Kevin about selling some ores.

edit:

You can do anything with the ores besides drop them.
Cool, now to see if it's worth doing anything else than dropping.

NKN
01-02-2015, 04:13 AM
Cool, now to see if it's worth doing anything else than dropping.

Sorry, I just got more details 10 seconds ago.

They have to be banked atleast once.

You can withdraw them from a bank, but all ores -need- to go into the bank.

Kevin
01-02-2015, 05:21 PM

The accounts will be f2p, and all accounts have bronze pickaxes (Runescape auto-starts with them nowadays). To clarify, you can sell ores, yes. However, they must be banked first. This specification is to prevent people from writing what is equivalent to a powerminer that sells to a merchant standing next to them. If you take it to the bank, and then every 5th trip withdraw all and sell as notes on return, then that's fine. But it must make it into the bank.

Sorry, I just got more details 10 seconds ago.

They have to be banked atleast once.

You can withdraw them from a bank, but all ores -need- to go into the bank.
^

J J
01-03-2015, 06:15 AM
The accounts will be f2p, and all accounts have bronze pickaxes (Runescape auto-starts with them nowadays). To clarify, you can sell ores, yes. However, they must be banked first. This specification is to prevent people from writing what is equivalent to a powerminer that sells to a merchant standing next to them. If you take it to the bank, and then every 5th trip withdraw all and sell as notes on return, then that's fine. But it must make it into the bank.

^
OK, thanks for clarifying. Didn't realize the toolbelt held some tools now.

Hoodz
01-03-2015, 01:20 PM
It's been a couple of weeks since anyone posted... I hope a few people are working on something!

If not, Frement is going to win as the only submitter. He's going to use the prizes for something ridiculous like alpaca toys (http://www.amazon.com/Large-Brown-Alpaca-Teddy-Bear/dp/B004TU15BK/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1419606740&sr=1-1&keywords=toy+alpaca).

ridiculous?

ps: i dont enter this competition since its rs3 related.

Foundry
01-05-2015, 10:56 PM
Does anyone know a way to turn off the message about leaving the starting zone when going through the gates? I'm finishing up my script and this is the last thing that's messing me up -_-

The Spark
01-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Does anyone know a way to turn off the message about leaving the starting zone when going through the gates? I'm finishing up my script and this is the last thing that's messing me up -_-

You have to get 60+ total level before those automatically turn off, nothing you can do otherwise.

Kevin
01-07-2015, 12:38 AM

It's part of the competition that'll have to be solved, I recommend starting in a different location or just screen detection. :)

Foundry
01-07-2015, 03:29 AM
It's part of the competition that'll have to be solved, I recommend starting in a different location or just screen detection. :)

Yeah, I found a way around it.

While I'm posting, I'll tack these on for anyone who made the script using their main (like me) and hasn't had the chance to gather the prompts.

J J
01-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Best of luck everyone. I turned out to have less time than expected so I did not finish the script in time.

Kevin
01-11-2015, 06:11 PM
Best of luck everyone. I turned out to have less time than expected so I did not finish the script in time.

We're allowing the assumption of any timezone's midnight, which means about 36 more hours, if you want to push for it anyway.

J J
01-12-2015, 12:00 PM
We're allowing the assumption of any timezone's midnight, which means about 36 more hours, if you want to push for it anyway.
Well I started way too late so no chance of getting it ready regardless of the extra time :P Next competition maybe!

NKN
01-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Ross;
Frement;
TomTuff;
akarigar;
Lipcot;
Foundry;
King;

Get your scripts in before the deadline by PMing either me or Kevin!

riwu
01-12-2015, 01:02 PM
i'll be joining as well, still left with a couple of things to finetune though.
If based on http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/honolulu, we still have 21 hours? :D

Kevin
01-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Ross;
Frement;
TomTuff;
akarigar;
Lipcot;
Foundry;
King;

Get your scripts in before the deadline by PMing either me or Kevin!
I've received Foundry's, and Frement's so far, and I fully expect Riwu's by the end of the day ;).

Well I started way too late so no chance of getting it ready regardless of the extra time :P Next competition maybe!
You misjudge your capability and the necessary complications ;)

i'll be joining as well, still left with a couple of things to finetune though.
If based on http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/honolulu, we still have 21 hours? :D
Yes, yes we do.

The Mayor
01-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Still 11.5h left! Can I enter pls :D

Kevin
01-12-2015, 09:59 PM
Still 11.5h left! Can I enter pls :D

If you don't, I'll forever point out that time you lost to Frement.

The Mayor
01-12-2015, 10:43 PM
OK sent in my entry ;)

Kevin
01-12-2015, 11:14 PM
OK sent in my entry ;)

Won for being under 10 lines. 50 points for Gryffindor, 0 points for Mayor. CONGRATULATIONS GRYFFINDOR.

The Mayor
01-13-2015, 12:20 AM
Won for being under 10 lines. 50 points for Gryffindor, 0 points for Mayor. CONGRATULATIONS GRYFFINDOR.

But I is Gryffindor :crying:

10*25

Clarity
01-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Aw man, missed this. Good luck to the entrants!

bonsai
01-17-2015, 04:26 AM
Only three entries made it to me for testing so I guess everyone is a winner!

I'm running the first test now and hope to have them done by the end of the weekend.

I may have to run a second round or ask someone else to if I think the results are skewed.

Kevin
01-17-2015, 07:14 PM
Only three entries made it to me for testing so I guess everyone is a winner!

I'm running the first test now and hope to have them done by the end of the weekend.

I may have to run a second round or ask someone else to if I think the results are skewed.

I will be running the jmem scripts first, but will be running each of these afterwards to average times.