PDA

View Full Version : [How to] fix mouselag when running simba + smart or another java app.

lanadekat
12-19-2014, 04:52 PM
So I've had a lot of lag problems while running simba/smart even though I got a beast computer and I just found the solution that I wanted to share.

You just need to make sure you're running the latest update of java.

how:
uninstall any java copy on the computer
download the latest 32/64 version of their site. ( note: you might want to install both when running a 64 bit OS )
install it

^ this will make sure you're running the latest java version cus ( from my experience ) Smart (/other java apps) doesn't auto detect the latest java update installed and use it.
all the java links can be found here:
https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

KeepBotting
12-19-2014, 09:55 PM
I thought Simba required 32bit Java?

lanadekat
12-19-2014, 10:51 PM
I thought Simba required 32bit Java?

Nvm this, seems like you're right and I guess that the java 8 64 bit installer removed an old version of java 7 smart/simba was/were still using and made sure they used the newer version that was already on my system lol
and like my testing confirmed, by uninstalling the latest java 7 update smart is now using java 8. So smart doesn't always use the latest java update and that gave some lag problems. I'm glad that ( I think ) I found the cause and that I was able to fix it.

riwu
12-19-2014, 11:09 PM
Smart is compatible with java 8. I didn't notice any performance difference b/w java 6, 7 and 8 though.
64bit java takes out much more resources though, up to 700mb+ (requires 64bit simba and 64bit smart plugins to run)

lanadekat
12-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Smart is compatible with java 8. I didn't notice any performance difference b/w java 6, 7 and 8 though.
64bit java takes out much more resources though, up to 700mb+ (requires 64bit simba and 64bit smart plugins to run)

The lag issues might be just there in one java 7 update, I didn't notice any improvements between java 7 and java 8. But the weird lag was gone after deleting the oldest java 7 update on my computer so that's probably the cause.
It's quite stupid though that java doesn't auto delete older version when (auto)updating to newer ones.

Btw: I edited main post should have correct information now :)