PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical research paper.

cosmasjdz
01-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I got an assigment to write any mechanical research paper. Studying mechanical engineering 2nd year. But the problem is, i dont know absolutely anything about it because we arent learning anything there just some random general stuff like math, physics, chemistry, statics, dynamics, kinemathics. We had a labor this year we used metalics plane to make even surface on cylindrical object to punch your yournal number....yes, yes i know i am pro now, i can work on any machine haha :(

Youd say i dont learn, but i do, my average is 9.3 out of 10, just the quality of studies is total *****. Anyways i dont wana get droped out because everywhere in my country studies are crapy quality (already have manager dyplom from other university, basicly i dont got smarter but dumber learning there...). You ask me why i need paper even if i dont learn anything? Well, no paper, no job...now selling paint...i dont wana sell it whole my life and earn whooping 300 euros per month. Actually i could buy the paper from lecturer who my lecturer advised to 'study individually with' , which means he told where to buy the work, but i dont have much money so need to make it myself.

Ok so i ask for an advice what theme could be so i can do it eazily without having any specific tools, or knowledge of mechanical processes? Maybe someone did something similar theme paper and could share resources with?

Kyle
01-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Well what is the topic of the paper exactly? Don't think you really ever mentioned that in your post.. cosmasjdz;

cosmasjdz
01-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Well what is the topic of the paper exactly? Don't think you really ever mentioned that in your post.. cosmasjdz;

Anything related with mechanical engineering....Basicly i dont know what to choose...

masterBB
01-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Tomorrow 13:00(your time) I will be on IRC for help.

Turpinator
01-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Look at that. a thread full of mechanical engineers. im generally on irc too.

So. basically... you have to write a paper for mechanical engineering? about... anything? Surely there are some sort of guidelines.
What kind of paper are we talking here? A 50 page thesis research paper? a 10 page paper about stuff you looked up information on?

The Mayor
01-03-2015, 08:29 PM
What a silly assignment

cosmasjdz
01-03-2015, 08:31 PM
Look at that. a thread full of mechanical engineers. im generally on irc too.

So. basically... you have to write a paper for mechanical engineering? about... anything? Surely there are some sort of guidelines.
What kind of paper are we talking here? A 50 page thesis research paper? a 10 page paper about stuff you looked up information on?

A 10-20 page paper i made research on i mean practical one for anything related with mechanical engineering. I got a week for that. The only thing i got in my mind with my currect tools and stuff i could make something like steel cutting disk dependance on cost/manufacturing firm, to find the most cost-effective disc in the market. Or like metal cutting disks performance comparision to their thinknesses to specific metal thickness. I only have one kind of steel alloy in my garage so cant compare their cutting different materials. What do you guys think about those topics?

Turpinator
01-04-2015, 02:54 AM
A 10-20 page paper i made research on i mean practical one for anything related with mechanical engineering. I got a week for that. The only thing i got in my mind with my currect tools and stuff i could make something like steel cutting disk dependance on cost/manufacturing firm, to find the most cost-effective disc in the market. Or like metal cutting disks performance comparision to their thinknesses to specific metal thickness. I only have one kind of steel alloy in my garage so cant compare their cutting different materials. What do you guys think about those topics?

As we talked about earlier... I like this idea.
or the Epoxy strength.
or... hmm.

any ideas, masterBB;?

The Mayor
01-04-2015, 05:21 AM
As we talked about earlier... I like this idea.
or the Epoxy strength.
or... hmm.

any ideas, masterBB;?

I know, how about thermal paste, heat dissipation and central processing units

Turpinator
01-04-2015, 05:16 PM
I know, how about thermal paste, heat dissipation and central processing units

Yes, thats great and all for writing an informational paper... but he has to actually perform experiments. Which i doubt he has a spare computer lying around that he could try different thermal pastes on.

cosmasjdz
01-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Making research on various glues and comparing them with anchors and plugs in various certain situations....Got everything i need in a shop i work in so starting tomorrow. Basicly about mounting systems pluses and minuses in certain situations, maybe some cost/efficiency research too.