PDA

View Full Version : [Thieving] Ancrath's pompousThiever

Ancrath
01-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Been lurking for several months because of time restraints to not really participate in anything or even play. That will be hopefully changing soon, but in some free time and a need for it I put this script together from a broken Dwarf Trader script I was making a while back. When I get the character I'm working on to that point in thieving I'll probably finally finish that script, but for now here is the pompousThiever.

The goods:
Pickpockets from Pompous Merchants near the Taverley lodestone and as I said its something I just through together. It takes breaks, no 6 hour fix for now though. It's not something intended to make money or lots of xp, just a starter script to get your thieving somewhere more respectable. No progress report with that being said. At start-up it will teleport you to the Taverley lodestone to begin your thieving. It will attempt to thieve about every second if it can find a target, and even recognizes failures and will wait for them to end without spamming still. If your HP drops below 20% it will run to the Taverley bank to heal up, and then run right back up to thieve again. If your backpack is somehow full it should bank as well. If you fail to find a merchant 7 times in a row it will teleport you back to the lodestone.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SETUP: Put the map GAO_02.png in your RUNESCAPE_OTHER folder. From there open the script and read the SETUP section.
Your in game settings should be customary Min graphics and DirectX along with the UI setup.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I haven't done much thorough testing/watching of extended periods of time, just seen the end results. It works pretty damn well for me, but if you run into any problems tell me so I can remedy whatever the problem is.

Enjoy and any feedback is welcome!

Hoodz
01-12-2015, 06:08 PM
gz on release

Ancrath
01-12-2015, 06:11 PM
Thanks, feels great to be able contribute.

Turpinator
01-12-2015, 06:17 PM
Not sure if you tested this or not, but youre missing a parenthesis on line 275.

Just a thought on the walking... Seeing how the area is pretty open and requires walking in nearly straight lines, have you considered using sps.blindWalk(end_point);? It would reduce the need for 3 paths and calling them correctly.

Ancrath
01-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Thanks and good call on the parantheses, not sure what I did there.

As far as the walking goes my experience is still pretty limited with the capabilities of Simba as a whole. I haven't had any problems with pathing so far but I will definitely look into it when I get the time.

GRIM
01-14-2015, 12:22 PM
When your accounts done with these guys are you going to make a master farmer pickpocketer or anything else ?
grats on the release i'll check it out for my lilguy.

jarofhearts
01-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Congrats on the release! How much work do you think it would be to alter the script to pickpocket other NPCs? Would it just require changing the colors used in { Pompus NPC near Bar } and maybe changing the walking?

Ancrath
01-14-2015, 06:44 PM
Thanks jar! If you changed the colors relevant to whatever NPC you wanted to pickpocket, set up the map/pathing to where you wanted to go, and changed any ordering in code needed it should be fine. If there is something specific I can try and work on it for you. Like I said free time for me isn't in huge supply so I'll do what I can. If you want to take a crack at feel free. Right now I'm working on my old safeCracker script I released about 6 months ago. Hadn't coded in forever and was a lot rustier than I am now. Trying to touch up a few things and get it working better. Thieving has been a favorite skill for me so I'll be releasing more stuff as I can either way.

The Mayor
01-14-2015, 08:08 PM
That map looks vaguely familiar :tongue:

Ancrath
01-14-2015, 08:37 PM
Lol, like I said, works wonderfully. Glad to recycle and limit files where I can