PDA

View Full Version : Pc setup for botting?

Nufineek
02-01-2015, 06:50 PM
hey! I am actually running a small Simba bot farm. Im running each bot in separate VM (VMware workstation). My current setup handles 9 accs.

My current setup is:
CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230 v2 (3.3ghz, 3.7ght Turbo, 4 cores, 8 threads)
RAM: 16bg ram @ 1600Mhz
GPU: Saphire hd 7770
Power Supply: Seasonic 360w gold

I would like to run at least 15-20 accs. So my questions are:

Wouldn't it be more efficient (eg. in terms of power consumption) to get a server instead? (I dont use this PC for anything else) - would it cost alot more?

I obviously need more cores than 4. Should I rather get higher-clocked 6core or lower-clocked 8 core for this purpose?

Is there a reason to get a GPU for this purpose? Will VMs running SMARTs use its power or is it just extra power consumed?

Would switching to a different OS bring any performance boost? I'm still not sure if the VMs use my GPU at all

+ I'll appreciate if you share any of your experience in this field!

grats
02-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Since most of the computing is done in CPU it's about equal power for server/desktop cpu

remember the GPU you have at load pulls ~185 watts and your cpu pulls 80watts (intel rated) so you want a better power supply if you're putting the gpu under load
as far as botting goes runescape barely touches the gpu so you're good there, but if you were to max the gpu out for some reason it'd be throttled by not being able to pull enough power MAYBE.. seasonic is very efficient & you're pretty much right at the mask so it'll probably be fine.
that's also just 2 pieces, minus ram / drives etc so..

as far as "should you get a gpu" I've never really seen a benefit, especially if your processor has a iGPU there's really no benefit for runescape botting that is. specifically.. this is where I'd go desktop CPU over server CPU.

if you ditched your system & went
http://ark.intel.com/products/80807/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_40-GHz
with the desktop cpu instead of
http://ark.intel.com/products/65732/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1230-v2-8M-Cache-3_30-GHz

you have major benefits of: much faster cpu, newer instructions, don't need your GPU, less power consumption, will actually work with your RAM as the server processor really benefits from ECC memory (way more expensive)

Tristana
02-01-2015, 08:50 PM
hey! I am actually running a small Simba bot farm. Im running each bot in separate VM (VMware workstation). My current setup handles 9 accs.

My current setup is:
CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230 v2 (3.3ghz, 3.7ght Turbo, 4 cores, 8 threads)
RAM: 16bg ram @ 1600Mhz
GPU: Saphire hd 7770
Power Supply: Seasonic 360w gold

I would like to run at least 15-20 accs. So my questions are:

Wouldn't it be more efficient (eg. in terms of power consumption) to get a server instead? (I dont use this PC for anything else) - would it cost alot more?

I obviously need more cores than 4. Should I rather get higher-clocked 6core or lower-clocked 8 core for this purpose?

Is there a reason to get a GPU for this purpose? Will VMs running SMARTs use its power or is it just extra power consumed?

Would switching to a different OS bring any performance boost? I'm still not sure if the VMs use my GPU at all

+ I'll appreciate if you share any of your experience in this field!

I'm slightly confused on why you would run each bot in a separate vm. As I understand each vm runs a virtualized OS so this will take up much more cpu than if the bots were just run on the host OS.
Btw I have seen a few servers used for about $200 on amazon that have dual quad core xeons so you might want to look into that.
I suppose switching to a lightweight linux distro like lubuntu/xubuntu would use less ram but probably not much in the cpu side of things.

Ian
02-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Isn't GPU important now that we use OpenGL/DX instead of safemode?

Nufineek
02-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Since most of the computing is done in CPU it's about equal power for server/desktop cpu

remember the GPU you have at load pulls ~185 watts and your cpu pulls 80watts (intel rated) so you want a better power supply if you're putting the gpu under load
as far as botting goes runescape barely touches the gpu so you're good there, but if you were to max the gpu out for some reason it'd be throttled by not being able to pull enough power MAYBE.. seasonic is very efficient & you're pretty much right at the mask so it'll probably be fine.
that's also just 2 pieces, minus ram / drives etc so..

as far as "should you get a gpu" I've never really seen a benefit, especially if your processor has a iGPU there's really no benefit for runescape botting that is. specifically.. this is where I'd go desktop CPU over server CPU.

if you ditched your system & went
http://ark.intel.com/products/80807/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_40-GHz
with the desktop cpu instead of
http://ark.intel.com/products/65732/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1230-v2-8M-Cache-3_30-GHz

you have major benefits of: much faster cpu, newer instructions, don't need your GPU, less power consumption, will actually work with your RAM as the server processor really benefits from ECC memory (way more expensive)

Thanks for ur answer grats! The 4790k really would suit my needs better. Especially if there's really no use for GPU. But the extra clock speed would not get me anywhere near 20 accs. I think I'd need something like 5820K (6core, 3.3-3.6ghz, $580 in my country) or E5-2630V3 (8core, 2.4-3.2ghz $900 in my country). The Xeon seems to eat a lot less power in this case so that's what turned me wondering which way I should go.

KeepBotting
02-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Isn't GPU important now that we use OpenGL/DX instead of safemode?

While reading grats;'s post, this is the thing that jumped out at me. I'm almost positive that RS now utilizes your graphics card quite a bit when running under OGL/DX.

@OP: why run each bot in a separate VM? I can't imagine how much that impacts performance.

Nufineek
02-01-2015, 10:23 PM
While reading grats;'s post, this is the thing that jumped out at me. I'm almost positive that RS now utilizes your graphics card quite a bit when running under OGL/DX.

@OP: why run each bot in a separate VM? I can't imagine how much that impacts performance.
Yeah I think I would be able to run at least 50% more if I did not run each in separate VM. I want each one to have different IP and MAC addresses. Not sure if this is the best way also.. :D

grats
02-01-2015, 10:50 PM

Yea I haven't been on rs for like 1-2 years but the iGPU in the desktop CPUs would handle openGL without a problem.. the problem with runescapes implementation of openGL is it actually uses more CPU than software rendering.. unless that's changed (I doubt it)

Yeah I think I would be able to run at least 50% more if I did not run each in separate VM. I want each one to have different IP and MAC addresses. Not sure if this is the best way also.. :D

Yea hypervisor would save you a bit of ram but probably not worth the trouble

should be able to proxy smart instances individually, no? I remember someone has in the past.. that'd save you a lot of ram & a tiny amount of cpu power

Nufineek
02-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Yea hypervisor would save you a bit of ram but probably not worth the trouble

should be able to proxy smart instances individually, no? I remember someone has in the past.. that'd save you a lot of ram & a tiny amount of cpu power

Oh...never heard of this :surprised:

serajin
02-01-2015, 11:37 PM
Oh...never heard of this :surprised:

RS is able to detect proxies. You would have to have a plugin that VPN'd each instance of Simba/SMART to avoid single IP detection on their side.

Nufineek
02-01-2015, 11:48 PM
RS is able to detect proxies. You would have to have a plugin that VPN'd each instance of Simba/SMART to avoid single IP detection on their side.

Yeah that's why I am using VM + proxifier for each of them or are they able to detect this?

grats
02-01-2015, 11:50 PM

Since he isn't that concerned on the "security" aspect of VPN just the different IP address.. he can probably get a VPN that has a couple IP's for cheap, you think?

I wonder how hard it would be to tunnel traffic from multiple smarts through multiple VPNs I know setting up multiple VPN connections simultaneously isn't really difficult..

In the past I always just did like 30 accounts on 1 IP without ever having problems lol

KeepBotting
02-02-2015, 12:02 AM

I figured as much. There's no reason to do that - me and No Lifer; recently came up with definitive evidence (besides the fact that it's simply unfeasible) that Jagex doesn't ban by IP or MAC.

You can read the post here (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111765&p=1327824#post1327824)

Nufineek
02-02-2015, 09:45 AM
BUMP: any thoughts on the setup anyone?

cosmasjdz
02-02-2015, 10:00 AM
BUMP: any thoughts on the setup anymore?

Proof tested i4790 4gz processor can handle 16 bots. 20 accounts ir prolly too optimistic. Some people only run 12 on similar devices, depends on graphics mode and even abit on script intesitivity like small wait times in loops causes alot of cpu recources to be used so like repeat 20ms check isnt economical better is like 200ms because human reaction speed is around 200ms too also so even works like antiban. Never seen anyone had over 16 tbh.

grats
02-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Proof tested i4790 4gz processor can handle 16 bots.

can you clock it to like 4.5? I wonder what the boost is there
was 16 bots without any lag at all?

I had a 3930k once upon a time, probably handled around 20 or so

cosmasjdz
02-02-2015, 10:08 AM
can you clock it to like 4.5? I wonder what the boost is there
was 16 bots without any lag at all?

I had a 3930k once upon a time, probably handled around 20 or so

It was 16 my green drags bots. I was teamviewing behaviour for a guy i lended scipt(used self deleting snippet:D) And it was huuge lagg for few last ones, cause no enough cpu left, especially when they synchonize their moves for example search drags same time then gf, some even become standing till logout. And i think it is clocked to 4.4 but he didnt. If i remember corectly was 8gb ram windows 7 but tooked transparency off and stuff to look like windows 95 :D

When reduced agressiveness of loops wait times and minimized search areas it became better. Price/accounts handled and power consuptions ratio is best for used ones.

Interesting stuff was he requested to log out everytime after trip cause said botwatch loses information and only saves it untill account is running. But after all he got bans faster than i did.

Personally i run actually PentiumĀ® Processor B980 2.4gz 4gb ram and can handle 4 bots opengl sometimes only 3, directx mostly 4, got 2 of those laptops. Power consumtion around 250w for both.

Personally iv been thinking of running heavier farm. Let say you get 16accounts for 1k euro and 400w while you can get like 4 accounts for 250 euro and 120w(if new). No big difference. Maybe if you get cheaper i mean like i did second one i got used for around 50 euro it is better having few worse laptops. Also considering farming heavy having all eggs in one basket isnt very good idea. Cause you never know if it will crash and require repairing or no.

Basicly if id farm id buy few cheaper used laptops instead of a new beast.

grats
02-02-2015, 11:06 AM
It was 16 my green drags bots. I was teamviewing behaviour for a guy i lended scipt(used self deleting snippet:D) And it was huuge lagg for few last ones, cause no enough cpu left, especially when they synchonize their moves for example search drags same time then gf, some even become standing till logout. And i think it is clocked to 4.4 but he didnt. If i remember corectly was 8gb ram windows 7 but tooked transparency off and stuff to look like windows 95 :D

When reduced agressiveness of loops wait times and minimized search areas it became better. Price/accounts handled and power consuptions ratio is best for used ones.

Interesting stuff was he requested to log out everytime after trip cause said botwatch loses information and only saves it untill account is running. But after all he got bans faster than i did.

Personally i run actually PentiumĀ® Processor B980 2.4gz 4gb ram and can handle 4 bots opengl sometimes only 3, directx mostly 4, got 2 of those laptops. Power consumtion around 250w for both.

Personally iv been thinking of running heavier farm. Let say you get 16accounts for 1k euro and 400w while you can get like 4 accounts for 250 euro and 120w(if new). No big difference. Maybe if you get cheaper i mean like i did second one i got used for around 50 euro it is better having few worse laptops. Also considering farming heavy having all eggs in one basket isnt very good idea. Cause you never know if it will crash and require repairing or no.

Basicly if id farm id buy few cheaper used laptops instead of a new beast.

hmm yea disabling aero probably didn't do much since it's written by the GPU
8gb at 16bots though might have been doing some paging also eating cpu cycles so maybe slightly less lag could have happened, but 16 is probably the max. sounds about right.. since sandy bridge that's about what I've seen "stable" is 1 bot per 2.0ghz of an intel thread.. on any of their CPUs is a bad average but it's what I've seen on any given cpu really
you got the 4 core 8 thread.. at 4.0ghz.. which is 16 bots (8*2 cuz 4.0ghz)

weird though how the newer architectures don't seem to have very much difference on that estimate, I guess runescape isn't getting "lighter" to run, so maybe that's the cause

interested to see the 14nm chips, wonder if way better or roughly the same.

cosmasjdz
02-02-2015, 11:28 AM
hmm yea disabling aero probably didn't do much since it's written by the GPU
8gb at 16bots though might have been doing some paging also eating cpu cycles so maybe slightly less lag could have happened, but 16 is probably the max. sounds about right.. since sandy bridge that's about what I've seen "stable" is 1 bot per 2.0ghz of an intel thread.. on any of their CPUs is a bad average but it's what I've seen on any given cpu really
you got the 4 core 8 thread.. at 4.0ghz.. which is 16 bots (8*2 cuz 4.0ghz)

weird though how the newer architectures don't seem to have very much difference on that estimate, I guess runescape isn't getting "lighter" to run, so maybe that's the cause

interested to see the 14nm chips, wonder if way better or roughly the same.

Yeah if you call stable scrystal clear anytime anywhere then yep, when i am improving any script, listening to music mostly running youtube i only run 1 bot and 1 test bot. Otherwise 3rd one slightly interrupts. And only use 4 on semi afk like scripts like bonsai fighter or woodcutters overnight, so in case one simba crashes or laggs out 3 remains. But stable is 3 for 2x2.4gz. Everytime survives overnight and no lagg related issues, but slightly laggy 3rd one.

About cpus the newer it is the more you pay for 'newer'. So performance is logic no matter what cpu is 2gz is still 2gz

Thomas
02-27-2015, 07:19 AM
I figured as much. There's no reason to do that - me and No Lifer; recently came up with definitive evidence (besides the fact that it's simply unfeasible) that Jagex doesn't ban by IP or MAC.

You can read the post here (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111765&p=1327824#post1327824)

If 'red flagging' still a thing then?

As for the OP, have you considered getting a K series i5?
Idk if hyperthreading is an advantage for botting?
And most recent Intel cpus can overclock to about 4,2-4,5 on stock vcore.

Nufineek
03-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Yeah.. running each acc in one VM is super cpu power waste. But how would I even handle like 20 accs all on one desktop? This is where the VM solution comes handy to me. Or is there a way to sort the SMARTs within one desktop? Something like more desktops in win 10?

Myke
03-03-2015, 12:44 PM
I think most ppl who do what you're trying use vps providers rather than a super PC, just off what I remember from a few years back

Im New Sry
03-05-2015, 10:37 PM
I don't want to create a new thread, but which VPS would people recommend for a person wanting to run 5-7 bots on it?

grats
03-06-2015, 11:53 PM
Yeah.. running each acc in one VM is super cpu power waste. But how would I even handle like 20 accs all on one desktop? This is where the VM solution comes handy to me. Or is there a way to sort the SMARTs within one desktop? Something like more desktops in win 10?

You're talking about how linux has multi desktops? / workspaces

http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/

that's a good one I've seen used on windows

I guess windows 10 might have it built in, since it's the only OS / desktop environment that doesn't have it these days.

I don't want to create a new thread, but which VPS would people recommend for a person wanting to run 5-7 bots on it?

Renting 1 VPS and running 5 bots on it? I guess the cheapest one you find with the hardware required... ?

you should go for 4 cores and 3GB+ of ram probably to run "smooth" or more hardware for even smoother..

Im New Sry
03-08-2015, 11:23 AM
You're talking about how linux has multi desktops? / workspaces

http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/

that's a good one I've seen used on windows

I guess windows 10 might have it built in, since it's the only OS / desktop environment that doesn't have it these days.

Renting 1 VPS and running 5 bots on it? I guess the cheapest one you find with the hardware required... ?

you should go for 4 cores and 3GB+ of ram probably to run "smooth" or more hardware for even smoother..

I found this one - http://vpsgamers.com/runescape-botting-private-proxy/ but I've seen people get good VPS's for <12$, so I don't know. I've tried looking for some other stuff like Photon or Azure but they don't seem good enough. I just thought maybe someone uses a good VPS and can recommend straight away. :P

toxjq
03-09-2015, 04:52 AM
i run all my bots on good old thinkpad with 4gb of ram, and a quad core i5

mylastregret
03-14-2015, 05:51 AM
I think my build isn't that bad, and I still have yet to push it.
AMD 9590
Corsair 1866 16GB Ram
Sabertooth 990fx
980 GTX
Corsair H100I
Corsair AX1200I

mylastregret
03-14-2015, 05:52 AM
The other thing you can try is if you get windows 8 pro, there is a program called HyperV that you might want to look into as well.

Nufineek
03-14-2015, 08:58 AM
i run all my bots on good old thinkpad with 4gb of ram, and a quad core i5

how many of bots you manage to run on it?

toxjq
03-15-2015, 04:31 AM
how many of bots you manage to run on it?

2 :)

Nufineek
05-10-2015, 08:46 AM
Hey guys, I've recently started thinking again about buying a botting machine for 25+ bots. What do you think about this workstation from the link below? In my opinion, for the 1000GBP its a great value with the 12 cores at 3ghz and 32gbs of ram. But do you think its ideal for running VMs with bots? I don't really know the difference between normal and ECC RAM neither I have any experience with dual processors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Z600-PC-Workstation-2x-Xeon-6-Core-X5675-Ram-32GB-240GB-SSD-Quadro-4000-/261881523499?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf95aed2b

Thomas
05-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Hey guys, I've recently started thinking again about buying a botting machine for 25+ bots. What do you think about this workstation from the link below? In my opinion, for the 1000GBP its a great value with the 12 cores at 3ghz and 32gbs of ram. But do you think its ideal for running VMs with bots? I don't really know the difference between normal and ECC RAM neither I have any experience with dual processors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Z600-PC-Workstation-2x-Xeon-6-Core-X5675-Ram-32GB-240GB-SSD-Quadro-4000-/261881523499?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf95aed2b

Dont think its a bad deal, but it'll take a while to cash in on investments.
Unsure if the quadro is needed either and I would opt for a new 2011-3 system if you are going 4+ cores.

I havent bothered with dual sockets myself either.

The deal seems rather good, but I'm not sure of those xeons. But they'll probably run just fine.
And the cpu cores n speed vs ram ratio is good aswell I think. You'll max out both at the same time most likely.

Nufineek
05-10-2015, 09:39 AM
Dont think its a bad deal, but it'll take a while to cash in on investments.
Unsure if the quadro is needed either and I would opt for a new 2011-3 system if you are going 4+ cores.

I havent bothered with dual sockets myself either.

The deal seems rather good, but I'm not sure of those xeons. But they'll probably run just fine.
And the cpu cores n speed vs ram ratio is good aswell I think. You'll max out both at the same time most likely.

Well, sure, 2011-3 would be better but similar 12 core setup would cost at least 3 or 4 times more on 2011-3. Thats why I thought this may be the best option for me right now. And I am on Xeon currently - a 4 core E3-1230v2. I've had no problems with it so far.

Thomas
05-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Well, sure, 2011-3 would be better but similar 12 core setup would cost at least 3 or 4 times more on 2011-3. Thats why I thought this may be the best option for me right now. And I am on Xeon currently - a 4 core E3-1230v2. I've had no problems with it so far.

You're probably right that it'll be more cost effectieve botting on an older platform.
The link you provided is a good deal, but you dont need a workstation. Those come with gfx cards mainly used in 3D rendering, and are costly.

Also I use about 400mb ram per bot. You might not need 32, but 16 might not be sufficient.

How about a E5 2630 v3 with 16gb ddr4? You could go single socket itx or even dual socket if you like.

Nufineek
05-10-2015, 06:57 PM
You're probably right that it'll be more cost effectieve botting on an older platform.
The link you provided is a good deal, but you dont need a workstation. Those come with gfx cards mainly used in 3D rendering, and are costly.

Also I use about 400mb ram per bot. You might not need 32, but 16 might not be sufficient.

How about a E5 2630 v3 with 16gb ddr4? You could go single socket itx or even dual socket if you like.

How would ddr4 help me right here?

Also, I don't know if you noticed it in my post - I run each of my bots within a VM, so each bot uses at least 900mb of RAM instead of 400mb. I don't insist on using the VM software to run my bots, I just find it convenient to have every simba and SMART in a separated tab + I can use a different proxy for each of them easily. However, the CPU performance and fps I'm getting within the VMs is much worse than if I just ran them within the host system. So is there any other way to manage 30+ bots easily?

Thomas
05-11-2015, 12:33 AM
How would ddr4 help me right here?

Also, I don't know if you noticed it in my post - I run each of my bots within a VM, so each bot uses at least 900mb of RAM instead of 400mb. I don't insist on using the VM software to run my bots, I just find it convenient to have every simba and SMART in a separated tab + I can use a different proxy for each of them easily. However, the CPU performance and fps I'm getting within the VMs is much worse than if I just ran them within the host system. So is there any other way to manage 30+ bots easily?

Lower voltage that'll return on investments in 5-6 months. Initial cost isn't much more currently..

About those xeons in your link:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1555059/yt-18-core-cpus-intel-xeon-e5-2699-v3-processor-overclocking-testing/30#post_23898233

Tbh I would look for a server with that e5 2630 v3 and 16gb ddr4

Cubz
05-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Lower voltage that'll return on investments in 5-6 months. Initial cost isn't much more currently..

Additionally your room won't become a furnace in the process.

drittnothing
05-16-2015, 02:24 PM
This is my setup for botting and gaming:

CPU type: QuadCore Intel Core i7-4790K, 4200 MHz (42 x 100)
MB: Asus Z97-A (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 1 M.2, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
RAM: 8GB - soon 16GB because of editing movies
Graphic card: Asus R9280 Series 3GB
HDD: 1 SSD 250GB Kingston and totalt of 3x3TB Seagate disks for downloading awesome tv-shows
Screen: 2x 24" screens, Acer and ASUS brand.

When it comes to handeling simba, the java likes to chew up memory a bit, but i can play CS-GO, LOL, Dragon age and other games and still run simba at the same time :)

Thomas
05-16-2015, 03:11 PM
This is my setup for botting and gaming:

CPU type: QuadCore Intel Core i7-4790K, 4200 MHz (42 x 100)
MB: Asus Z97-A (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 1 M.2, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
RAM: 8GB - soon 16GB because of editing movies
Graphic card: Asus R9280 Series 3GB
HDD: 1 SSD 250GB Kingston and totalt of 3x3TB Seagate disks for downloading awesome tv-shows
Screen: 2x 24" screens, Acer and ASUS brand.

When it comes to handeling simba, the java likes to chew up memory a bit, but i can play CS-GO, LOL, Dragon age and other games and still run simba at the same time :)
I doubt suggesting a 4790k over a 4690k is usefull for botting. I don't think Simba uses hyperthreading.

Besides, all he needs to know is what CPU to buy basicly.
Once he knows that he'll be able to complete the rest of his build.

For me this comes down to either a Xeon E5 2630 v3 or a 5820K in terms of price/performance.
I would probably go for the Xeon myself though. But the 5820K is just so cheap and allows overclocking.

drittnothing
05-16-2015, 07:25 PM
I doubt suggesting a 4790k over a 4690k is usefull for botting. I don't think Simba uses hyperthreading.

For me this comes down to either a Xeon E5 2630 v3 or a 5820K in terms of price/performance.
I would probably go for the Xeon myself though. But the 5820K is just so cheap and allows overclocking.

Yeah, truth be told i bought this machine for gaming and school work(PS, Adobe premier etc). Costed me around 14000,- norwegian or around 1913.35 USD.

Nufineek
05-22-2015, 09:51 PM

E5 2630 is not that far from performance of my E3 1230 v2 - it has 6 cores instead of 4 but much lower clock aswell (2.3 base vs 3.3 base). I am looking for at least twice as much processing power than I get with my current build (mentioned in the 1st post of this thread). 5820k build is what I considered before I bumped into the dual xeon workstations for about 1000 GBP with 12 physical cores (24 threads), which still looks as a better deal for me even though it will consume much more power.

Thomas
05-22-2015, 10:25 PM
E5 2630 is not that far from performance of my E3 1230 v2 - it has 6 cores instead of 4 but much lower clock aswell (2.3 base vs 3.3 base). I am looking for at least twice as much processing power than I get with my current build (mentioned in the 1st post of this thread). 5820k build is what I considered before I bumped into the dual xeon workstations for about 1000 GBP with 12 physical cores (24 threads), which still looks as a better deal for me even though it will consume much more power.

I doubt you are looking at the 2630 v3... It's 8 core 2011-3 socket.
Sure this 5650s are great value, but will probs run around 40% more wattage per bot.
Besides why would you need a workstation gfx card?

I wouldnt bother with dual socket anyway. With 6-8 core (5820k or 2630v3) you'll be able to run plenty of bots.

Nufineek
05-22-2015, 10:36 PM
I doubt you are looking at the 2630 v3... It's 8 core 2011-3 socket.
Sure this 5650s are great value, but will probs run around 40% more wattage per bot.
Besides why would you need a workstation gfx card?

I wouldnt bother with dual socket anyway. With 6-8 core (5820k or 2630v3) you'll be able to run plenty of bots.
Within a host system for sure but Im running each one within a separate VM. Not sure how I would handle like 30 bots on 1 desktop

Thomas
05-23-2015, 06:12 AM
Within a host system for sure but Im running each one within a separate VM. Not sure how I would handle like 30 bots on 1 desktop

Will you actually use 30 bots though?

King
05-23-2015, 06:22 AM
This works wonders for me... https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/enterprise/2014-SP-64.xml I run my farm with ease.

Thomas
05-23-2015, 06:27 AM
This works wonders for me... https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/enterprise/2014-SP-64.xml I run my farm with ease.

Isn't that cpu/ram ratio way wrong? No way you ever reach close to 64gb ram on that cpu?
How many bots do you run btw?

King
05-23-2015, 06:31 AM
Isn't that cpu/ram ratio way wrong? No way you ever reach close to 64gb ram on that cpu?
How many bots do you run btw?

I didn't mean to link to a specific one, just a enterprise dedicated server. I run 20-25 is depending on how bans are going. I have a custom order through them, I don't have nearly that much ram, I have 32gb and the CPU scaled as high as they would let me. Ends up at 180$ a month.

Nufineek
05-23-2015, 07:15 AM
Will you actually use 30 bots though?

Definitely will. I run 12 atm and I am looking to run at least twice as much

Thomas
05-23-2015, 07:27 AM
Definitely will. I run 12 atm and I am looking to run at least twice as much

I'm pretty sure the 2630v3 will have around double the power of your E3 1230 v2. If not double, it'll be atleast 180%.
Have you searched for those 5650s without workstation gfx?

Nufineek
05-23-2015, 07:58 AM
I'm pretty sure the 2630v3 will have around double the power of your E3 1230 v2. If not double, it'll be atleast 180%.
Have you searched for those 5650s without workstation gfx?

Yeah there are also some available without these Quadro GFX/with lower end GFX. Not many though.

Otter
05-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Lol I'm on a Laptop.
I7 5730k with NVIDIA 670GTX graphics and 16 GB RAM. I average about 4 botting accounts at a time.

Thomas
05-30-2015, 04:12 PM
Lol I'm on a Laptop.
I7 5730k with NVIDIA 670GTX graphics and 16 GB RAM. I average about 4 botting accounts at a time.

That cpu doesnt even exist? Besides a K series in a laptop?
Cant compare a 670m with their non mobile counterparts anyway.

What did you end up getting nuf?

Otter
05-31-2015, 02:45 PM

Haha yeah you're correct I was a little gone when I replied. But it's 670m and I have an i7 cpu.

Nufineek
06-01-2015, 08:52 AM

Been busy with school for last few weeks and will be for a few more but I'll be looking into it as soon as Im done with school. I have the money prepared. Still hesitating between the 2nd hand workstation and some 2011-3 build (probably will go rather for the i7 5820k than the Xeon E52630v2 as the i7 comes at almost half the price of the E5 in my country right now).

Thomas
06-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Been busy with school for last few weeks and will be for a few more but I'll be looking into it as soon as Im done with school. I have the money prepared. Still hesitating between the 2nd hand workstation and some 2011-3 build (probably will go rather for the i7 5820k than the Xeon E52630v2 as the i7 comes at almost half the price of the E5 in my country right now).

Yes that 5820k has a great value. Just make sure you either lower the voltage on stock speeds or overclock at any voltage, the Intel k series always tend to supply more voltage then actually needed on stock speeds.

Nufineek
06-01-2015, 09:38 AM
Yes that 5820k has a great value. Just make sure you either lower the voltage on stock speeds or overclock at any voltage, the Intel k series always tend to supply more voltage then actually needed on stock speeds.

Oh, definitely good to know :) Also, what GPU would you go for with this setup? I just need something to run the system UI. What about something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Nvidia-Gt720-Passive-Graphics/dp/B00NM930JO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1433151446&sr=8-4&keywords=MSI+N720-1GD

I think it would do its job just fine at super low power consumption.

Thomas
06-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Oh, definitely good to know :) Also, what GPU would you go for with this setup? I just need something to run the system UI. What about something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Nvidia-Gt720-Passive-Graphics/dp/B00NM930JO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1433151446&sr=8-4&keywords=MSI+N720-1GD

I think it would do its job just fine at super low power consumption.

I wouldnt know tbh. Any of the low end 700 or 900 nvidia series would do just fine I suppose.
It kinda sucks that they dont have integrated gfx on most if not all of their 2011-3 cpu's.

Incurable
06-01-2015, 12:55 PM
If he's still around, Gunner used to run something like 30 instances of SMART on one PC for his bot farm. He may be able to add something to the conversation.

Gunner
06-11-2015, 03:45 AM
Also, what GPU would you go for with this setup?

If he's still around, Gunner used to run something like 30 instances of SMART on one PC for his bot farm. He may be able to add something to the conversation.

Indeed, thanks for the mention. The rig I built specifically for Simba botting handles 18 accounts comfortably, and I can push it to 20 if I really want to. Like if I wanna grill some hamburgers on the processor...:D But at that point scripts fail semi-regularly.

It stays in a remote location and I just Teamviewer into it to run it. The exact specs can be seen here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Wx6Nxr It was almost a year ago now that this rig was built.

It sits at 100% at 16 accounts, going to 18 lowers the tasks/hr just a bit, but it's still worth it. As I said going to 20 is really just creating headaches because of the crashes and tasks/hr overall isn't really any better than 18.

The GPU was pretty basic, but a GPU is absolutely a requirement because of the need for DX/OGL.

As has been mentioned in this thread, the use of VM's, VPN's, Proxies, etc are all pointless. They're only going to take up precious resources and running 16-18 accounts 24/7 for a year, I haven't seen a single ban...let alone anything like an IP ban.

The only other thing I would mention, I quickly skimmed but I didn't see much talk about it in this thread, is the cooling. A good liqiud cooler is an ABSOLUTE requirement when pushing the CPU this hard for this amount of time. I run the rig basically 24/7 and the fans do too. Do NOT skimp on cooling or you'll wind up with a $1500 paperweight.

I've never heard of anyone running more accounts than me since RS3, but maybe they're just better at keeping their mouth shut than I am lol. The processor you're looking at at first glance appears to be a little more robust than the one I went with, so you might break through the 20 account barrier. Good luck man and let me know if you have any other questions.

EDIT: One last thought...I'm running stock clock 4.0Ghz as well. Never even attempted to OC because the heat is already hanging out in the 90 degree range.

tls
06-11-2015, 04:24 AM
If you are using a linux setup, and want vm's, docker is pretty cheap resource-wise.

Thomas
06-11-2015, 07:19 AM
Liquid cooling is 100% not needed. Not a single rackmount uses liquid cooling. Any semi decent cpu cooler better then stock will do. Even a coolermaster 212. They even chip 5960x with an Intel stock cooling, knowing it can cool the cpu just fine at stock voltages. Even at 100%.

860watt is way more then you'll need. That build would have been fine with 500w. Besides im pretty sure the 860i fan wont even spin at 50% load? Does it spin for you? I wouldnt want my server psu not to spin, even if corsair thinks it isn't needed. But on the other hand, most psu's are at their most efficient spot ar around 50%, so you'll get back your investment with your electrical bill later.

As much as I love noctua, there is no point getting them for a server, its not going to be quit anyway. And if you want it to be quit you should not have gone with a h100.

Thomas
06-11-2015, 07:27 AM
Indeed, thanks for the mention. The rig I built specifically for Simba botting handles 18 accounts comfortably, and I can push it to 20 if I really want to. Like if I wanna grill some hamburgers on the processor...:D But at that point scripts fail semi-regularly.

It stays in a remote location and I just Teamviewer into it to run it. The exact specs can be seen here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Wx6Nxr It was almost a year ago now that this rig was built.

It sits at 100% at 16 accounts, going to 18 lowers the tasks/hr just a bit, but it's still worth it. As I said going to 20 is really just creating headaches because of the crashes and tasks/hr overall isn't really any better than 18.

The GPU was pretty basic, but a GPU is absolutely a requirement because of the need for DX/OGL.

As has been mentioned in this thread, the use of VM's, VPN's, Proxies, etc are all pointless. They're only going to take up precious resources and running 16-18 accounts 24/7 for a year, I haven't seen a single ban...let alone anything like an IP ban.

The only other thing I would mention, I quickly skimmed but I didn't see much talk about it in this thread, is the cooling. A good liqiud cooler is an ABSOLUTE requirement when pushing the CPU this hard for this amount of time. I run the rig basically 24/7 and the fans do too. Do NOT skimp on cooling or you'll wind up with a $1500 paperweight.

I've never heard of anyone running more accounts than me since RS3, but maybe they're just better at keeping their mouth shut than I am lol. The processor you're looking at at first glance appears to be a little more robust than the one I went with, so you might break through the 20 account barrier. Good luck man and let me know if you have any other questions.

EDIT: One last thought...I'm running stock clock 4.0Ghz as well. Never even attempted to OC because the heat is already hanging out in the 90 degree range.

You dont think you are the only botter with a comon gaming build right? I mean this is a classic as fk build.
Latest i7k-series, zX7 chipset motherboard, fractal design case, stupid aio corsair liquid cooler and add another common psu that supports around double the wattage you need.
There will be a dozen ppl on this forum with a similar build.

And 90 deg on a h100 stock speeds? You are doing it wrong.
Atleast try to lower the vcore or reseat it, that should not happen.

Why did you get a k series and z97 motherboard if you dont even overclock it. That's the only reason one should not go with xeon for their server.

Gunner
06-11-2015, 05:41 PM
You dont think you are the only botter with a comon gaming build right? I mean this is a classic as fk build.
Latest i7k-series, zX7 chipset motherboard, fractal design case, stupid aio corsair liquid cooler and add another common psu that supports around double the wattage you need.
There will be a dozen ppl on this forum with a similar build.

And 90 deg on a h100 stock speeds? You are doing it wrong.
Atleast try to lower the vcore or reseat it, that should not happen.

Why did you get a k series and z97 motherboard if you dont even overclock it. That's the only reason one should not go with xeon for their server.

Not sure why you feel the need to get some elitist prick attitude. I never said I was the only one with a botting rig. I said I haven't heard of anyone running more than 20 accounts. And even then I said they may be.

There's a reason my opinion was specifically asked for this thread. You can sit there all day and tell me all the things you think I did wrong, the fact is I run the largest bot farm on rs3 from a single rig that I've ever known of. If you think you can do better then post some screenshots. Which you won't because not only can you not do what I do, you don't even have an example of a larger farm. So.I reckon you can just keep your little elitist child attitude to yourself.

Thomas
06-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Not sure why you feel the need to get some elitist prick attitude. I never said I was the only one with a botting rig. I said I haven't heard of anyone running more than 20 accounts. And even then I said they may be.

There's a reason my opinion was specifically asked for this thread. You can sit there all day and tell me all the things you think I did wrong, the fact is I run the largest bot farm on rs3 from a single rig that I've ever known of. If you think you can do better then post some screenshots. Which you won't because not only can you not do what I do, you don't even have an example of a larger farm. So.I reckon you can just keep your little elitist child attitude to yourself.

My point is that there are a dozen of ppl on this forum with a similar build, and all of them will be able to run the same amount of bots. There is nothing that makes your build better at botting then any other average 'gaming' build. an i7 is not a bloody unicorn of a CPU. It is insanely comon...

Besides that, if you ditched some useless stuff in your build (k-series since you dont OC, z97 chipset since you dont OC, 860i, since you wont ever need more then 500w, aio cooler and noctua fans) it could have been quite a bit cheaper. It is a nice build, just not cost effective like you would expect from a botting server.

Sure I only run 12 accounts most of the time, I'm having some trouble sourcing more account currently.
I never said I ran more then you, I just pointed out that you wont be the only one with a build like that.

lordeder
11-13-2016, 11:27 AM
Dont know where you are from but depending on your electricity bills you might want to check a cheap dedicated server

Dragovian
11-23-2016, 04:12 AM
2600k i7
1080gtx
Old ass gigabyte mobo
750w evga psu

only ever run 1/2 bots anyway