PDA

View Full Version : Basic Looter Implementation

General_Patrick
03-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Hello:

I have been recently trying to use Bonsai's Basic Fighter (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111270) for combat experience, but I wanted to find a way to implement a looter to pick up big bones from the hill giants or moss giants. I was originally planning to use bg5's tutorial (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76643) on the forums, but it is 3 years old and SRL has changed dramatically over time. If someone could help me out by providing a basic example of how to setup a looter, I would appreciate it.

KeepBotting
03-13-2015, 09:52 PM
I wrote a lot of proof-of-concept code for fighting scripts in this thread: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111254

While there's nothing there that is explicitly geared towards the purpose of looting, there are routines to reliably determine the position (onscreen) of the monster you're fighting. This will give you the bounds of the fight - once you've got that, it's a simple matter of searching inside those bounds for the color of your loot pile (usually white unless your monster doesn't drop bones)

General_Patrick
03-13-2015, 11:23 PM
I wrote a lot of proof-of-concept code for fighting scripts in this thread: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111254

While there's nothing there that is explicitly geared towards the purpose of looting, there are routines to reliably determine the position (onscreen) of the monster you're fighting. This will give you the bounds of the fight - once you've got that, it's a simple matter of searching inside those bounds for the color of your loot pile (usually white unless your monster doesn't drop bones)

Thanks!

(s)okkr7
12-15-2016, 06:08 PM
Has anyone made a looter system with this? Been finicking with it for awhile and some things are off on mine.

nkd2009
02-27-2017, 08:34 AM
Has anyone made any progress with adding a loot function?

I'm going to try to add one early next week when I get some time.

My plan is to look in the text box for the notification that "a beam of light shines on one of your items"
then search for the bone color
then have a list of chooseoptions of valuable drops.

I briefly tried finding the color of the loot beam but couldn't get it to work as it sort of changes depending on what item drops below it.

any suggestions?

Wu-Tang Clan
02-27-2017, 04:17 PM
keepbotting had a really good suggestion with using the minimap point in relation to your player point (due to your fighter likely being right next to the target unless you are using range) and filtering the points for the one closest to the center of the minimap (your player point). If this is complicated you could also change the angle of your mainscreen to high and seach in a 3 square radius of your character for the color of big bones (my suggestion is using a tpa) although a loot function for rs3 will be difficult because of the loot options (you can have that popup will all nearby loot, no popup, etc) and then to implement this all into hoodzfighter may be even more difficult. I find it hard to modify other scripts because many coders have different styles. My style is more modular where you can basically cut and paste any of my procedures with little to no changes, but others have very interwoven functions that are hard to change to your liking and use a ton of functions within the script to get a result. Good luck man

nkd2009
02-28-2017, 02:19 AM
keepbotting had a really good suggestion with using the minimap point in relation to your player point (due to your fighter likely being right next to the target unless you are using range) and filtering the points for the one closest to the center of the minimap (your player point). If this is complicated you could also change the angle of your mainscreen to high and seach in a 3 square radius of your character for the color of big bones (my suggestion is using a tpa) although a loot function for rs3 will be difficult because of the loot options (you can have that popup will all nearby loot, no popup, etc) and then to implement this all into hoodzfighter may be even more difficult. I find it hard to modify other scripts because many coders have different styles. My style is more modular where you can basically cut and paste any of my procedures with little to no changes, but others have very interwoven functions that are hard to change to your liking and use a ton of functions within the script to get a result. Good luck man

So I was messing around with it last night (using Basic Fighter bc bonsai fighter i cannot figure out) but basically I added a small wait time after the kill (like 250-500 ms) so it waits for death and the drop will show (there is a small delay and dying time). Then just made an spiral tolerance atpa based on the loot beam, and if it dropped the same item (ex. mith gauntlets) which is what I based my color on, it would click the loot, open up loot screen, click the first loot location and then close out of lootscreen. But the problem arose when a ruby dropped under the loot beam and I think the loot beam is semi transparent and takes into account the color underneath. I'll have to do more testing. I don't want it to loot every drop, just the drops above the preset loot limit (i.e. 1k, 3k, 10k). would a DTM of the loot beam be more accurate and less subject to small color differences?

I'll keep messing with it.

Wu-Tang Clan
02-28-2017, 02:40 AM
So I was messing around with it last night (using Basic Fighter bc bonsai fighter i cannot figure out) but basically I added a small wait time after the kill (like 250-500 ms) so it waits for death and the drop will show (there is a small delay and dying time). Then just made an spiral tolerance atpa based on the loot beam, and if it dropped the same item (ex. mith gauntlets) which is what I based my color on, it would click the loot, open up loot screen, click the first loot location and then close out of lootscreen. But the problem arose when a ruby dropped under the loot beam and I think the loot beam is semi transparent and takes into account the color underneath. I'll have to do more testing. I don't want it to loot every drop, just the drops above the preset loot limit (i.e. 1k, 3k, 10k). would a DTM of the loot beam be more accurate and less subject to small color differences?

I'll keep messing with it.

I'm not very familiar with loot beams I don't do much combat. But a dtm is better suited for static objects with static backgrounds such as an item in the inventory or bankscreen I'm not confident in a dtm for a mainscreen object returning good results.

nkd2009
02-28-2017, 03:45 AM
I'm not very familiar with loot beams I don't do much combat. But a dtm is better suited for static objects with static backgrounds such as an item in the inventory or bankscreen I'm not confident in a dtm for a mainscreen object returning good results.

Got it working! I only tried it on 1 floor color but it would be easily customizable for more situations with a simple color picker. So right now, it opens up the loot screen if there is a valuable item there, and takes the first item in the list (blindly) as I think the most valuable drop always appears first? (I hope). Then I guess the next logical step is to add a DTM for bones in the loot screen (big bones/ dbones?)

So what I have is before it looks for a fight, it quickly checks the mainscreen using a spiraltolerance atpa and then left clicks on it to open up the lootscreen. It just loots slot 1 and then closes. I'll try it in more situations (floor colorings) and let you know how it goes. It's not super dynamic for everyone to use but I think if you can pick a color it can work. If you'd like to see it i'd be happy to send you the code (pretty much just ripped the mayors atpa section out of his AIO tutorial =) thanks @themayor! and added loot lines (out of the mayors other tutorial).

Wu-Tang Clan
02-28-2017, 05:39 PM
Got it working! I only tried it on 1 floor color but it would be easily customizable for more situations with a simple color picker. So right now, it opens up the loot screen if there is a valuable item there, and takes the first item in the list (blindly) as I think the most valuable drop always appears first? (I hope). Then I guess the next logical step is to add a DTM for bones in the loot screen (big bones/ dbones?)

So what I have is before it looks for a fight, it quickly checks the mainscreen using a spiraltolerance atpa and then left clicks on it to open up the lootscreen. It just loots slot 1 and then closes. I'll try it in more situations (floor colorings) and let you know how it goes. It's not super dynamic for everyone to use but I think if you can pick a color it can work. If you'd like to see it i'd be happy to send you the code (pretty much just ripped the mayors atpa section out of his AIO tutorial =) thanks @themayor! and added loot lines (out of the mayors other tutorial).

I'm a pretty heavy user of ismouseovertext. if your loot interface popup is always in the same place you could set a mousecoord (or array of boxes to mouse through lets say the first 3 loot slots) to see what item it is
something I generally use might look like

mousecircle(747,540,5, MOUSE_MOVE);
if isMouseOverText(['Raw shrimp','Raw anchovies','Big bones','Bandos Godsword'],500) then
begin
writeLn('Found raw shrimp');
foundShrimp := True;
//Insert action here (drop,click,etc..)
mousecircle(Next,Slot,5, MOUSE_MOVE); //Tbox would be best but you get the gist of it
end;

This is just a general example that would be a small step above blindly clicking a slot in the loot box because if there is nothing there, my example won't do anything because the "if" statement requires proper uptext.

EDIT: if you like the array idea this is something i ripped the above example out of

var
s: integer;

if (foundShrimp = False) then
begin
for S := 2 to 27 do //Will go through slots 2 - 27 in the inventory but this only modifies the variable "S"
begin
if tabBackpack.isItemInSlot(S) then // This will stop the array early if there is nothing in the slot
// Lets say you had 11 items in the inventory and you have moused through 10 of them, this ^ would make sure you don't mouse through empty slots
begin
tabBackpack.mouseSlot((S), MOUSE_MOVE); // This is what makes the array mouse through the slots, because I use variable "s" here
wait(250+random(250));
if isMouseOverText(['Raw shrimp'],500) then
begin
shrimpSlot := S;
writeLn('There is raw shrimp in slot: ' + intToStr(S) + ' saving slot number for BurnAndCook');
mousecircle(747,540,5, MOUSE_LEFT);
break; //If the shrimp have been found, the array is finished and we will no longer mouse through the slots
end;
end;
end;
end;

This may look a little complicated because it is out of context but I hope it helps for reference

nkd2009
02-28-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm a pretty heavy user of ismouseovertext. if your loot interface popup is always in the same place you could set a mousecoord (or array of boxes to mouse through lets say the first 3 loot slots) to see what item it is
something I generally use might look like

mousecircle(747,540,5, MOUSE_MOVE);
if isMouseOverText(['Raw shrimp','Raw anchovies','Big bones','Bandos Godsword'],500) then
begin
writeLn('Found raw shrimp');
//Insert action here (drop,click,etc..)
mousecircle(Next,Slot,5, MOUSE_MOVE); //Tbox would be best but you get the gist of it
end;

This is just a general example that would be a small step above blindly clicking a slot in the loot box because if there is nothing there, my example won't do anything because the "if" statement requires proper uptext.

EDIT: if you like the array idea this is something i ripped the above example out of

var
s: integer;

if (foundShrimp = False) then
begin
for S := 2 to 27 do //Will go through slots 2 - 27 in the inventory but this only modifies the variable "S"
begin
if tabBackpack.isItemInSlot(S) then // This will stop the array early if there is nothing in the slot
// Lets say you had 11 items in the inventory and you have moused through 10 of them, this ^ would make sure you don't mouse through empty slots
begin
tabBackpack.mouseSlot((S), MOUSE_MOVE); // This is what makes the array mouse through the slots, because I use variable "s" here
wait(250+random(250));
if isMouseOverText(['Raw shrimp'],500) then
begin
shrimpSlot := S;
writeLn('There is raw shrimp in slot: ' + intToStr(S) + ' saving slot number for BurnAndCook');
mousecircle(747,540,5, MOUSE_LEFT);
break; //If the shrimp have been found, the array is finished and we will no longer mouse through the slots
end;
end;
end;
end;

This may look a little complicated because it is out of context but I hope it helps for reference

For the chooseoption version, would you use:
if lootscreen.isItemInSlot(1) then
mouse move
if mouseover text ('anchovie')
mouse_left
?

In the lootscreen section of SRL 6 theres a function that returns a tboxarray of all lootscreen slot boxes. I'm pretty good at using the example (i.e. if lootscreen.isiteminslot(1) then do something) but how would I use the tbox array of all slot boxes. the function is:
function TRSLootScreen.getSlotBoxes(): TboxArray;
with the example "boxArr := lootScreen.getSlotBoxes();
what I'm getting at is that even after reading the tutorials, I understand how to use a premade function in a procedure but when just given a function like this I don't know how to use it.

What I'm thinking about using is the lootDTM function from SRL 6.
code:
if (lootscreen.lootDTMs([BonesDTM, CopperDTM])) then
MOUSE_LEFT;

Thoughts on using the lootDTM? For one, I know how to use it, and secondly, I think it will be faster than mousing over looking for uptext? right?
Also, are you able to understand my confusion on how to use the code blocks given in the SRL 6 documentation?

Wu-Tang Clan
03-01-2017, 08:21 PM
mouse move
mouse_left
?

In the lootscreen section of SRL 6 theres a function that returns a tboxarray of all lootscreen slot boxes. I'm pretty good at using the example (i.e. if lootscreen.isiteminslot(1) then do something) but how would I use the tbox array of all slot boxes. the function is:
what I'm getting at is that even after reading the tutorials, I understand how to use a premade function in a procedure but when just given a function like this I don't know how to use it.

code:
MOUSE_LEFT;

Thoughts on using the lootDTM? For one, I know how to use it, and secondly, I think it will be faster than mousing over looking for uptext? right?
Also, are you able to understand my confusion on how to use the code blocks given in the SRL 6 documentation?

If you want to use an array of the boxes you could use a repeat loop like this

begin
repeat
Count := bankscreen.getPackCount();
Slot := bankscreen.getPackSlotBox((Count));

mouse(slot,mouse_move); //This will move to the last slot of the inventory and hover over so we can get uptext
if (ismouseovertext('kasldkfasf') then
begin
dothings;
dootherthings;
end;

if not (ismouseovertext('kasldkfasf') then
begin
Slot := bankscreen.getPackSlotBox((Count - 1)); // This changes the slot variable to 1 less than the current inventory count
mouse(slot,mouse_move); // This moves the mouse to the modified value of "slot" (1 less than inventory count)
dothings;
dootherthings;
end;
until (conditionhere);
end;

or basically plug the same method into the array example I gave before. I use the repeat loop because I feel its easier to understand and work with, but an array may work for you just as well

Laquisha
03-01-2017, 08:50 PM
mouse move
mouse_left
?

code:
MOUSE_LEFT;

If you wanted to use DTMs you could use something like this (I've just expanded Mayor's tutorial code):

program new;
{$I SRL-6/SRL.simba}

var
BonesDTM, FishDTM: Integer;

procedure LoadDTMs();
begin
BonesDTM := DTMFromString('abcdefg'); // Obviously you need a real DTM string
FishDTM := DTMFromString('abcdefg');
end;

procedure FreeTheDTMs();
begin
FreeDTMs([BonesDTM, FishDTM]);
end;

procedure LootStuff();
begin
if mainScreen.findObject(.....) then //Your findColor code you already have
if lootScreen.isOpen(5000) then
begin
lootScreen.lootDTMs([BonesDTM, FishDTM]); // You can add as many as you want
writeLn('We looted ALL the bones and fish');
lootScreen.close();
end;

end;

begin
LoadDTMs(); // Load the DTMs into memory on startup

AddOnTerminate('FreeTheDTMs'); // Automatically remove the DTMs from memory
// when script terminates.
LootStuff();
end.

nkd2009
03-02-2017, 06:03 AM
If you wanted to use DTMs you could use something like this (I've just expanded Mayor's tutorial code):

program new;
{$I SRL-6/SRL.simba}

var
BonesDTM, FishDTM: Integer;

procedure LoadDTMs();
begin
BonesDTM := DTMFromString('abcdefg'); // Obviously you need a real DTM string
FishDTM := DTMFromString('abcdefg');
end;

procedure FreeTheDTMs();
begin
FreeDTMs([BonesDTM, FishDTM]);
end;

procedure LootStuff();
begin
if mainScreen.findObject(.....) then //Your findColor code you already have
if lootScreen.isOpen(5000) then
begin
lootScreen.lootDTMs([BonesDTM, FishDTM]); // You can add as many as you want
writeLn('We looted ALL the bones and fish');
lootScreen.close();
end;

end;

begin
LoadDTMs(); // Load the DTMs into memory on startup

AddOnTerminate('FreeTheDTMs'); // Automatically remove the DTMs from memory
// when script terminates.
LootStuff();
end.

If you want to use an array of the boxes you could use a repeat loop like this

begin
repeat
Count := bankscreen.getPackCount();
Slot := bankscreen.getPackSlotBox((Count));

mouse(slot,mouse_move); //This will move to the last slot of the inventory and hover over so we can get uptext
if (ismouseovertext('kasldkfasf') then
begin
dothings;
dootherthings;
end;

if not (ismouseovertext('kasldkfasf') then
begin
Slot := bankscreen.getPackSlotBox((Count - 1)); // This changes the slot variable to 1 less than the current inventory count
mouse(slot,mouse_move); // This moves the mouse to the modified value of "slot" (1 less than inventory count)
dothings;
dootherthings;
end;
until (conditionhere);
end;

or basically plug the same method into the array example I gave before. I use the repeat loop because I feel its easier to understand and work with, but an array may work for you just as well

This will make it super easy, thanks guys! Now I just need to find a good rs3 f2p monster that semi consistently drops good things to test it on. Any suggestions? Maybe the lesser demons in the wild? I need it to trigger the 1k limit.