PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with checking location

EZ41
03-24-2015, 11:57 AM
I need my script to check if it is where it should be. I'm in a building, the minimap shows the building surrounded by black (color 0), I've tried checking the minimap for that colour or for a DTM and that hasn't been accurate. There are no symbols here, which makes it tougher.

It doesn't need to be a complex function, just needs to reliably determine whether I'm in this room, instead of at my spawn or my house or whatever, preferably from the minimap. I'll add a pic.

Any ideas?

Turpinator
03-24-2015, 03:59 PM
Check for distance to NPCs/that they are around you rather than only on one side? I realize this will change as you kill them, but... Thats really all i can think of (besides using SPS/etc.

KeepBotting
03-24-2015, 09:34 PM
Check for distance to NPCs/that they are around you rather than only on one side? I realize this will change as you kill them, but... Thats really all i can think of (besides using SPS/etc.

Yes. This is Melzar's maze, meaning that npcs will never spawn outside of the room op is located in. So if npc is found within 5-10 points of the player, assume true.

Also possible: get a tpa of the black minimap background, perform some operations on it such as color counts and you can tell if you're on a 2nd/3rd floor

However, why not just use SPS?