PDA

View Full Version : How to check if GroundItem still exist?

bg5
03-26-2015, 04:29 PM
Is there an easy way to check if specific TReflectGroundItem still exists (item was not picked up or disappeared)?

rj
03-26-2015, 04:36 PM
I guess you could get the ground items at the tile but IDK how that would work if you had lets say 2 lobsters, went to pick up the first one in the stack, and then it disappeared. There would be no way of knowing which lobster disappeared

OR: You know how your player stops walking towards the item when someone picks it up? Then you can probably assume the item has been picked up if your players destination tile returns blank while walking to the item

bg5
03-26-2015, 05:34 PM
I had an idea about something like that every item has unique reference in memory, so you could directly check if it exists. But I'm relatively new to reflection and I don't know how it works :P

Your idea of checking tile seems good enough, I will use it.

You know how your player stops walking towards the item when someone picks it up?

Lol, I forgot about it. I will use this fact too.

rj
03-26-2015, 05:55 PM
I had an idea about something like that every item has unique reference in memory, so you could directly check if it exists. But I'm relatively new to reflection and I don't know how it works :P

Your idea of checking tile seems good enough, I will use it.

Lol, I forgot about it. I will use this fact too.

Yea I didn't know if something like that existed