PDA

View Full Version : Random Events

Polack
03-30-2015, 02:04 AM
Hey, apologize if this is the wrong thread, but I had several questions concerning random events.
When I try to include the FindNormalRandoms function in my script, it doesn't seem to work (just crashes the script when a random shows or doesn't recognize it). I saw a thread that I thought might help (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107479&page=30&p=1323097#post1323097), but when I tried implementing it into my script it also failed to complete the randoms. Then I just tried to implement a simple
LogOut;
Login;
sentence into my script (there is a ~14 second wait time between the tasks so this didn't slow down my script at all),
and ghetto as it was it worked until I got an unexpected 'exceeded login attempts' message from RuneScape. Is there any way I solve the randoms? Either by just simply dismissing or logging out (they disappear) for instance?
This is only my second day of learning how to script, so if you could keep any explanations simple I would appreciate it.

Flight
03-30-2015, 03:12 AM
Well random events are optional now, so if one appears you can completely ignore it (as many choose to do) and, as Jagex said themselves, doing so would have no negative impact on your player. Also you could just right-click and choose to 'Dismiss' them which also doesn't make any difference. If by chance you're using AeroLib with your script then, by default, the include should right-click 'Dismiss' randoms interacting with your player, if they spoke your name. You can also disable this so all random events are ignored all together if you wish.

But honestly random events aren't something to be concerned about.

Polack
03-30-2015, 03:41 PM
Thank you for your reply! I was under the impression that they attacked you if you ignored them (Haven't played in close to 5 years).
Feel quite dumb for wasting so much time on them now.

acow
03-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Thank you for your reply! I was under the impression that they attacked you if you ignored them (Haven't played in close to 5 years).
Feel quite dumb for wasting so much time on them now.

they used to. you're not dumb for thinking that

Soyouz
04-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Many player seem to assume that you're botting and may report you if you don't dismiss the random events.. so maybe it is worth it to let it dismiss them.