PDA

View Full Version : 6 Hour OSRS logout?

Polack
03-30-2015, 11:00 PM
I'm not sure if there's still a 6 hour log-out for OSRS, but my script just logged out at pretty much exactly 6 hours of perfect running, so I'm assuming there is and it's not a fluke.

Anyways, I know this is probably REALLY basic for most of you guys, but I just was wondering if this simple little code would work for the 6 hour logout (as it not only logs you out but refreshes client right?):

begin
if not LoggedIn then LoginPlayer else
begin
(REST OF CODE)
end;
end;

Above procedure is part of main loop.

Customary apologies if this is the wrong section.

Myke
03-30-2015, 11:51 PM
I'm not sure if there's still a 6 hour log-out for OSRS, but my script just logged out at pretty much exactly 6 hours of perfect running, so I'm assuming there is and it's not a fluke.

Anyways, I know this is probably REALLY basic for most of you guys, but I just was wondering if this simple little code would work for the 6 hour logout (as it not only logs you out but refreshes client right?):

begin
begin
(REST OF CODE)
end;
end;

Above procedure is part of main loop.

Customary apologies if this is the wrong section.

yea that will work, but you should try to take breaks before you hit 6 hours if possible

I use aerolib's breakhandler to do that in my scripts. Just remember to ReflectPlayer.Create after logging back in if you are using lape reflection as well.

Polack
03-31-2015, 12:04 AM
yea that will work, but you should try to take breaks before you hit 6 hours if possible

I use aerolib's breakhandler to do that in my scripts. Just remember to ReflectPlayer.Create after logging back in if you are using lape reflection as well.

Thanks, but what is the purpose of breaks? Is it only for antiban or as a method to stop getting force-logged (or both)? I'm generally not too worried about getting banned, as where I bot there are rarely any people, and the account I bot is expendable. However, I do plan on possibly adding a world hopper if a player does show up.
And my script is completely color, but thanks for your answer!

On a separate but related note, how do you add anti-ban during a wait period. Say for instance I have to wait between clicks for 10000 ms, how do I make it so any antiban my script has is in between those 10000 ms and not after it? Do I have to make a another begin-end statement after the wait or what?
i.e.

begin
begin
(Code to click object);
Wait(10000);
begin
(antiban);
end;

end;
end;

Sorry if I'm not making much sense! I just started scripting a few days ago, and while I'm quite proud of my progress I know that I have a lot to learn.

KeepBotting
03-31-2015, 02:00 AM
Hmm, I know the RS3 limit was changed to 23 hours but I'm not sure if that holds true for OSRS.

Myke
03-31-2015, 03:02 AM
Thanks, but what is the purpose of breaks? Is it only for antiban or as a method to stop getting force-logged (or both)? I'm generally not too worried about getting banned, as where I bot there are rarely any people, and the account I bot is expendable.

It's for both. It's really not much trouble for the benefit and the breaks can be only a few minutes every couple hours if you wanted. If you truly don't care about a ban then no need, though depending on how your script works 6 hour logs could lead to it getting stuck. Breaks give you more control over when the account logs and leads to less problems.

On a separate but related note, how do you add anti-ban during a wait period. Say for instance I have to wait between clicks for 10000 ms, how do I make it so any antiban my script has is in between those 10000 ms and not after it? Do I have to make a another begin-end statement after the wait or what?
i.e.

begin
begin
(Code to click object);
Wait(10000);
begin
(antiban);
end;

end;
end;

Sorry if I'm not making much sense! I just started scripting a few days ago, and while I'm quite proud of my progress I know that I have a lot to learn.

In that case, you wouldn't call Wait(10000), you would call an antiban procedure that does whatever antiban you want. If you just wait it will do nothing for that duration ( you can include waits in your antiban of course). You should also try to use Wait( randomrange( 8000, 12000)) instead of static sleeps. Make the range whatever works.

procedure doAntiBan();
begin
//
//do antiban things
//
end;

begin
begin
(Code to click object);
doAntiBan();

end;
end;

Hmm, I know the RS3 limit was changed to 23 hours but I'm not sure if that holds true for OSRS.

still 6 for osrs

Polack
03-31-2015, 04:12 AM
Thanks for your help Myke. My script requires a precise amount of time to elapse between clicks, and too short of an antiban or too long of an antiban would both drastically reduce its' efficiency.
I think I'll stick with the bare minimum basics and hope for the best.