PDA

View Full Version : Why are we allowed to hide sponsor ads?

Jason2gs
06-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Why are we allowed to hide the sponsor ads?

Does this site get less money if we hide them?

Just something I've been wondering for a while. I just want to make this site as much money as I can :) (Without anything coming out of my own pocket, of course.)

Markus
06-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Viewing also generates money.

I understood all of the terms in your vid, am I now a geek?

Hugolord
06-04-2007, 05:32 PM

You are an official geek now i didn't get half of'em

btw i think you contribute less cash to site if u don't view ads.. :(

Jason2gs
06-04-2007, 06:33 PM

Yep! Don't worry. I understood almost all of them :D

So if you hide them, the site doesn't get money?

Hmm, that's weird. And it brings me to my original question: Why are we allowed to hide them?

jackkat
06-04-2007, 08:15 PM
You're not 'allowed' to take them out by anyone, the advertisers have no control over the browser, or the addons or filters that people put on their browser. On the other hand, using the adblock might lower site income because the ads have to be requested from a server, the adblock strips those parts of the website out, so the advertiser dosen't get a 'pageview' of the advertising.

If you feel bad about lowering a site's income there is a simple solution:
-open adblock options, hit add new filter and put this in there:
@@|http://www.srl-forums.com/
-hit ok and refresh and, viola, you are now boosting the site's income

[offtpic]
I understood them all as well markus, I would call all those who could "daily computer users"
[/offtopic]

shaunthasheep
06-04-2007, 08:19 PM
i think he ment the button with the - on it. u click it and it will hide the ad, thats what he is talking about.

jackkat
06-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh, well my comment is for all of you using adblock.
I don't think those little minimize buttons lower the profit, unless you woud have clicked on it were they not there.

Tim0suprem0
06-08-2007, 03:13 PM
I was just wondering about this lol. So do are we doing the site a favor if we click the ads, then close the popup? Do they get revenue for hits?

Harry
06-12-2007, 01:57 AM
Shoot.. I love my AdMuncher, but I love this site.. Well, Ill make an acception- @allot SRL-Forums.com ;)

Dankness
06-12-2007, 02:11 AM
I did tht so people wouldnt add this site to there firefox adblocker, thatwy they can skip most of theads but still see afew i snuck. Also it only generates revenune if they click on the links so people who block them out probably wouldnt have clicked anyway

Harry
06-12-2007, 03:00 AM
You sneak ads? You l33t beast. :p