PDA

View Full Version : ogLib Scripting Competition

Clarity
04-09-2015, 08:59 AM
http://puu.sh/h6Pph/1e4f6c0499.png
Hosted by Clarity and Obscurity

Eligibility
Anyone can enter this competition!
Simply post below saying you would like to participate.

Prizes
1ST PLACE: $100 + 50M RSGP
2ND PLACE: $50
3RD PLACE: $30
4TH PLACE: $20
5TH PLACE: $10

Donators
Taric ($100)
Clarity ($110 + 50M)
More donations are greatly appreciated to help increase the prize pool!

Your Task
You will use the newly released ogLib (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112599) to develop an ironman-style script of your choice that follows the rules below. The script will be run on a fresh account, walked to any tile on RuneScape of your designation, and then executed. After five hours, the script will be terminated. After the script is terminated, the account's total accumulated XP and item RSGP value (on the Grand Exchange) will be tallied into a final score.

: : : Earning 1 XP will earn you 10 POINTS : : :
: : : Earning 1 RSGP will earn you 1 POINT : : :

Use the weighted score system to your advantage. Combination methods will likely be most effective. The test account will be completely fresh, with no additional starting items. In your entry PM, you will specify in which tile you want the account to begin macroing via marked screenshot.

Rules & Restrictions
RS3, Evolution of Combat only. F2P. Any interface layout you want in resizable mode.
The script must use ogLib and OpenGL hooking. Color scripting is not allowed.
You may use SRL-6/custom functions for math or other non-color purposes not offered by ogLib.
The script may not interact with players in any way. The script may not use the Grand Exchange.
Any rare monster drops or other luck-based account gains will be disregarded in the score.

The Due Date
May 14th, 2015, 11:59pm GMT - PM your entry to Clarity (https://villavu.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=73405)
Your PM will contain your script, in [SIMBA] tags, as well as a screenshot of 1) where you would like the account to begin running and 2) your desired interface layout.

Notes
This is a de facto ironman scripting challenge, although a normal test account will be used for price-checking convenience.
If the script terminates or crashes due to an Internet issue or something else excusable, it will be restarted and rejudged.
If the script terminates early at its own fault, it's item and experience score will be recorded then.
If the account is banned, the script will be disqualified.
Clarity and Obscurity will judge each entry together.
If you have any further questions or suggestions, feel free to post below!

Don't Know Where to Begin?
OpenGL Scripting Tutorial (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112486)
ogLib Development Thread (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112599)

Entrants
Bly
evilcitrus
cosmasjdz
3Garrett3
Taric
NKN
Lipcot
Clutch
Ross

Note: as of now, this is not an official SRL competition. You will not receive the SRL Cup for winning!

GOOD LUCK!

Harrier
04-09-2015, 09:01 AM
Gl on who ever is entering
Wishes his PC wasn't a potato and could handle RS3...

Lucidity
04-09-2015, 09:10 AM
I might be participating, just now learning about ogl

Clarity
04-09-2015, 10:50 AM
I might be participating, just now learning about ogl
I will add you to the list for now :)

Citrus
04-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Count me in, this sounds fun.

How many entries are allowed per person?

cosmasjdz
04-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Wanted to try opengl, now i have the reason to :) Count me in.

3Garrett3
04-09-2015, 02:04 PM
I'm in. So OGL doesn't have tile walking yet does it? Just radial blind-clicks?

Obscurity
04-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Nope, you're going to have to get creative. Though, I'll likely have some form of localPos done soon to get your position on the currently loaded map.

Taric
04-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Ooh ooh ooooooh! Are donators aloud to participate :3

Also, take my money.

Clarity
04-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Ooh ooh ooooooh! Are donators aloud to participate :3

Also, take my money.

Of course they are!

Taric
04-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Of course they are!

Count me in. Are we able to request pre-unlocked loadstones?

In theory, I could drop 100 coins; pick up said 100 coins; earn 100 points per action.

Boom. Taric's Coin-Dropping-Picker-Upperâ„¢

Clarity
04-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Count me in. Are we able to request pre-unlocked loadstones?

In theory, I could drop 100 coins; pick up said 100 coins; earn 100 points per action.

Boom. Taric's Coin-Dropping-Picker-Upperâ„¢
Everything is counted at the end, so you would finish with 100 points.

I'm in. So OGL doesn't have tile walking yet does it? Just radial blind-clicks?

Minimap symbols and dots all have texture IDs :)

NKN
04-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Ehhh, idk if I'll ever finish this script, but count me in.

Obscurity
04-09-2015, 11:03 PM
Minimap symbols and dots all have texture IDs :)
I finished minimap.getLocalPosition() today anyways. Update will be pushed soon.

Lipcot
04-10-2015, 12:39 AM
Its a nice opportunity to give OGL a try!

count me in! can't promise anything though, with college i have so little spare time nowadays.

Clarity
04-10-2015, 05:23 AM
Its a nice opportunity to give OGL a try!

count me in! can't promise anything though, with college i have so little spare time nowadays.
No worries, added to the list :)

For some added incentive, I have pitched in another $60 dollars.

The grand prize is now a whopping $100 and 50M RSGP!

Clutch
04-10-2015, 05:50 AM
I'll enter, at the very least I'll learn something new even if I don't complete a script.

Clarity
04-10-2015, 02:52 PM
I'll enter, at the very least I'll learn something new even if I don't complete a script.
I think you'll find a lot of things are made easier with OGL that can be incredibly frustrating in color. Best of luck! I've added you to the list.

Obscurity
04-11-2015, 02:21 AM
Forgot to mention that the map positioning was pushed.

A few other notes:
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
- You may request that your script remain private
- You may also publicly release your script

Very interested to see what everyone comes up with!

Thomas
04-11-2015, 01:58 PM
I hope some of the contenders make their script public, just to have some oglscripts to look at before I start creating my own.

Gl to everyone participating!

Clarity
04-11-2015, 11:19 PM
I hope some of the contenders make their script public, just to have some oglscripts to look at before I start creating my own.

Gl to everyone participating!
If you want a starting point, the OGL tutorial walks you through creation of a basic fighter and looter :)

The Mayor
04-11-2015, 11:36 PM
Nice competition you guys have going here. It's a good way to get people to test your include.

I have this script idea which could be written in <50 lines in OGL and would result in ~1.2m points in 5 hours ;)

Thomas
04-12-2015, 09:02 AM
If you want a starting point, the OGL tutorial walks you through creation of a basic fighter and looter :)

I have read that tutorial about 5 times already, I just seem to learn more from looking at a script.
But I see a lividfarm script got released, so I have something new I can learn from :)

Clarity
04-12-2015, 05:31 PM
I have read that tutorial about 5 times already, I just seem to learn more from looking at a script.
But I see a lividfarm script got released, so I have something new I can learn from :)

That script uses an old precursor to ogLib, but the concepts will be the same!

Clutch
04-14-2015, 03:11 AM

I've been working on multiple ogl scripts and they've all had problems cuz I'm inexperienced as well. I'll be releasing one soon (possibly a guide with additional features from what clarity has although it may not be in depth but will give a basic understanding explanation to help people get started). Most flawless yet simple script was made from obscurity, he gave me a good understanding of how to set everything up, and thus far i've been using it on all of my scripts.

lovebotter; check public thieving section. Released one of Obscurity's scripts that I modified and plan on updating.

Ross
04-16-2015, 08:51 PM
No lodestone unlocking beforehand I imagine?

I'm in by the way, script is half done.

Obscurity
04-18-2015, 07:05 PM
Lodestones are fine.

Also - thought I'd mention (since I'm no longer allowed to post updates that'll notify people of ogLib updates /logic), because a number of yous in the competition were having issues with production methods and such being on F2P...

dialogue.hasDialogue() will now account for input interfaces requiring
the user to type.

dialogue.getPrompt() will return the dialogue's input prompt. For
example, "Enter name of friend to add to list".

dialogue.setInput() will type the desired text into the input field,
erasing anything currently typed - if it doesn't match.

dialogue.hasInput() will return whether of not there's an input
interface.

The production methods will now account for members badges that appear
in F2P.

Methods, such as ogl.getClientMidPoint(), ogl.getClientWidth(), etc,
will now return the correct points and dimensions.

https://github.com/ObscuritySRL/ogLib

KeepBotting
04-18-2015, 07:10 PM
I'm no longer allowed to post updates that'll notify people of ogLib updates

The auto-posting thing with the GitHub commits? I thought that was quite cool.

Ross
04-18-2015, 07:47 PM
The auto-posting thing with the GitHub commits? I thought that was quite cool.

Agreed

Clarity
05-03-2015, 02:32 AM
Bly, evilcitrus, cosmasjdz, 3Garrett3, Taric, NKN, Lipcot, Clutch, Ross

Because a number of entrants have been having some issues getting ogLib to work, and have thus been set back, I am extending the deadline by five days. If you are having any OGL scripting issues, such as crashes or getting debugging to work, feel free to send me a PM.

New Deadline: May 14th, 11:59pm GMT

Ross
05-03-2015, 03:34 AM

Because a number of entrants have been having some issues getting ogLib to work, and have thus been set back, I am extending the deadline by five days. If you are having any OGL scripting issues, such as crashes or getting debugging to work, feel free to send me a PM.

Have had my script done for two weeks :)

Citrus
05-03-2015, 04:55 AM
Have had my script done for two weeks :)

I guess I should probably start soon..

Are you willing to say approximately what score you're expecting?

Clutch
05-05-2015, 01:25 AM

What ever happened to obscurity? Haven't seen him in a minute.

Ross
05-05-2015, 01:44 AM
What ever happened to obscurity? Haven't seen him in a minute.

He's active almost every day and constantly updating ogLib

Obscurity
05-05-2015, 03:25 AM
I'd hardly call a few PMs active - not nearly as much as I'd like to be. my life right now pretty much consists of work, lawyers, and surgeons. -.-

Oh, and more work.

Clutch
05-05-2015, 04:00 AM
I'd hardly call a few PMs active - not nearly as much as I'd like to be. my life right now pretty much consists of work, lawyers, and surgeons. -.-

Oh, and more work.
Hopefully everything starts to smoothen out for ya!

Fr3akNL
05-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Id really love to see a walking method for this!

Clutch
05-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Crap totally forgot about this, will send in my script tonight/tomorrow!

Clarity
05-14-2015, 09:57 PM

Submissions are due tonight!

NKN
05-14-2015, 10:43 PM

I won't be getting to it, my simba is borked.

Taric
05-14-2015, 11:05 PM

After I made my donation, I transcended into OGL godhood where I-

Yeah, I was far too lazy to make a script for the competition... GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YA' THO!

Clutch
05-15-2015, 04:04 PM
After I made my donation, I transcended into OGL godhood where I-

Yeah, I was far too lazy to make a script for the competition... GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YA' THO!

Glad I wasn't the only one. I have one that could've worked but Obscurity did most of the writing on it.

P.S. Clarity; I found that the orb thing (camera for Runescape that allows you to make like videos) works perfectly for gathering IDs that are stacked on eachother (ex. Trees) so that it actually picks up the id and coords when doing a writeLn of the coords. Only way I've found so far that will actually work.

Lipcot
05-15-2015, 05:18 PM
My whole bot farm in OSRS got banned and i decided to stop with RS for a while, RL is being a bitch right now. Wont be presenting anything! sorry clarity!

cosmasjdz
05-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Omg so many excuses but i must to excuse too cause had been very busy recently irl. Had very little time. Have some problems in work as we are near bankrupcy and my chair is shaking, had to work overtime. Also very hard exams which required lot of effort and time preparing for them...Havent wrote script, sorry.

Clutch
05-19-2015, 04:13 AM
Well being that your guys momentum was to see how we were writing scripts (or so I was told). I've released some OGL scripts thus far as have some of the others. As for what met criteria, I can't say any of them are eligible. How many entrants actually sent in a script?

Obscurity
05-19-2015, 04:39 PM
Was to see other's scripting styles and ideas as well as spark interest in OGL. It worked perfect. Even though not everyone submitted a script, there've been a spike in people using OGL. Am very pleased.

Clutch
05-19-2015, 08:54 PM
Was to see other's scripting styles and ideas as well as spark interest in OGL. It worked perfect. Even though not everyone submitted a script, there've been a spike in people using OGL. Am very pleased.

I'm hooked, if I can just master the walking, it'll widen the horizons 10 fold.

Ross
06-09-2015, 02:47 PM
hi.

Just wondering when the prizes for this will be handed out :)

Clarity
06-10-2015, 11:36 PM
hi.

Just wondering when the prizes for this will be handed out :)

A partial prize ($50) has been awarded to Ross, the sole entrant to the competition. I was sad to see that mostly everyone withdrew, but the overall objective of the competition was to publicize OGL scripting and motivate people to try it out. I think that was a great success. I'm planning on hosting some more competitions for fun to continue this purpose! :)

Ross has requested that his winning script not be posted.

Sin
06-11-2015, 12:14 AM
Didn't even know this was here.. Host a new one soon :)