PDA

View Full Version : Help me! Failed to spawn a smart client

tinko00
04-16-2015, 07:48 PM
Hello, I want to start scripting with SIMBA, but I get error at the beginning. It's saying FAILED TO SPAWN A SMART CLIENT...

excatly this:
------ Failed to spawn a SMART client
---- initSmart()
---- Waiting up to 5 minutes for RS to load...

I was searching a lot on google, but nothing helped me. I even compiled using brandon's guide.
I have java version "1.7.0_76"
Please help me.
RegardsSOLVED! THANKS to @The mayor and @Clutch

Clutch
04-16-2015, 07:54 PM
Hello, I want to start scripting with SIMBA, but I get error at the beginning. It's saying FAILED TO SPAWN A SMART CLIENT...

excatly this:
------ Failed to spawn a SMART client
---- initSmart()
---- Waiting up to 5 minutes for RS to load...

I was searching a lot on google, but nothing helped me. I even compiled using brandon's guide.
I have java version "1.7.0_76"
Please help me.
Regards

Occurs for all scripts or just one?

tinko00
04-16-2015, 07:56 PM
Occurs for all scripts or just one?

So far I tried this one:

program new;
{$DEFINE SMART} // comment this line out if you don't want to use SMART
{$i srl-6/srl.simba}

begin
clearDebug();
setupSRL();
end.

Clutch
04-16-2015, 07:57 PM
So far I tried this one:

Looks like your going off the guide, I can't say for sure this will fix it, but you may need to reinstall Simba, did the trick for me before.

tinko00
04-16-2015, 08:00 PM
Looks like your going off the guide, I can't say for sure this will fix it, but you may need to reinstall Simba, did the trick for me before.

Ok I will try and then I will let you know.

EDIT: Error still the same. If you want you can help me through TV?

Clutch
04-16-2015, 08:11 PM
Ok I will try and then I will let you know.

EDIT: Error still the same. If you want you can help me through TV?

I'd be happy too but I'm at work at the moment.

tinko00
04-16-2015, 08:13 PM
I'd be happy too but I'm at work at the moment.

well when do you finish? I mean, cause I'm from Europe and if you are from USA we will have hard time TV-ing :D
I really don't know what went wrong :S

Clutch
04-16-2015, 08:14 PM
well when do you finish? I mean, cause I'm from Europe and if you are from USA we will have hard time TV-ing :D

I'll be home in ~ 4 hours. 1punk20; check out what I mentioned above, he's having the same issue.

https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112747 Have either of you seen this? Make sure SRL is up-to-date.

Also "Didn't know I needed a 32bit java... Fixed it." Make sure you have 32bit Java?

The Mayor
04-16-2015, 08:18 PM
I can TV

Skype the.mayor.rs

Clutch
04-16-2015, 08:21 PM
I can TV

Skype the.mayor.rs

Might look for multiple/old versions of Java?

Vis_Vires
04-16-2015, 08:26 PM
I'll be home in ~ 4 hours. 1punk20; check out what I mentioned above, he's having the same issue.

https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112747 Have either of you seen this? Make sure SRL is up-to-date.

Also "Didn't know I needed a 32bit java... Fixed it." Make sure you have 32bit Java?

Yes I've tried all of that. I have reinstalled simba. Have and but of java jre and jdk. I also went into Start>Computer>Properties>Advanced Settings and changed my "Path" variable and still no luck. SRL and OSR are up to date.

Clutch
04-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Yes I've tried all of that. I have reinstalled simba. Have and but of java jre and jdk. I also went into Start>Computer>Properties>Advanced Settings and changed my "Path" variable and still no luck. SRL and OSR are up to date.

I'd say wait for The Mayor; to find out what up with this guys issue, he'll post the resolution which will *hopefully* be the same as yours, if not...again I'll be home in ~4 hours.

Vis_Vires
04-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Alright sounds good, hopefully we can find a resolution haha.

tinko00
04-16-2015, 08:58 PM
I'd say wait for The Mayor; to find out what up with this guys issue, he'll post the resolution which will *hopefully* be the same as yours, if not...again I'll be home in ~4 hours.

The MAYOR solved it!, I had 64bit java -.- instead of SIMBA-friendly 32bit :D so you need to install simba to C:\Simba and follow guide to update and enable all extensions(not necessary all, you don't need to enable associate.sex) That's it.

THANK YOU @THE MAYOR and @CLUTCH

J_R
04-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Alright sounds good, hopefully we can find a resolution haha.

Change your graphics settings from "safe mode" to "openGL" or "directX" in the smart client, this is usually the most common reason that this happens (at least the 5 minutes thing).

StickToTheScript
04-16-2015, 09:04 PM

I was having the same issue about 10 Minutes ago with all my scripts.

I tried reinstalling both jre and jdk of Java 7. Didnt work, so i tried java 8.

Worked. And now back to botting. :D

I would recommend giving it a shot.

The Mayor
04-16-2015, 09:33 PM
Both of them had 64bit java installed :p