PDA

View Full Version : [Android/iOS/WPhone] How to keep your bots running.

Deluu11
04-17-2015, 01:38 PM
Bot(s) are unstable, unable to bot even several hours straight? But got newer iPhone, Android phone or Windows phone?

Aight, so we all know probably know this sweet program named
Teamviewer (click to download) (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx)
But what some of you don't know is that you can run this application on your tablet or smartphone.

Teamviewer for Android users (Googe play) (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.teamviewer.market.mobile&hl=en)

WPhone and iOS users should search their app stores for this application.

After downloading and installing on both... (PC/PHONE/TABLET)
Open up Teamviewer on PC
grab your ID and password, remember it, take screen shot, not it down etc.
Run your bot(s)
Open up Teamviewer app and insert your ID and password every time you want to see if your bot(s) are running or are crashed.

Another tip (RS3), to check if your bot is running, you can go to Runescape adventures log and see if account is gaining xp. It updates automatically and you're character doesn't need to be logged off (unlike RS3 HiScores) (P2P and leveling only)

I'm using Samsung Galaxy s3 (2 yrs old) and it works fine, I can easily remote use my computer.

NB! Teamviewer, as well as botting is against JaGeX's rules... I'm not responsible for your account.

Another good tip:

OP, you tell users to note down an ID/password for the purpose of connecting.

I find it's far more time-effective to sign up for a TeamViewer account, then set up your remote machine for unattended access (can be done from within TV).

This way, when you load up the app on your mobile device, you can sign in (or be signed in automatically depending on preferences) and access a list of all your machines.

iriep12345
04-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Thanks, it works but sometimes it locks my pc?

KeepBotting
04-19-2015, 05:10 PM
Thanks, it works but sometimes it locks my pc?
TV sometimes locks on disconnect, you can turn that off.

Im New Sry
04-19-2015, 06:12 PM
That's what I've been doing for the past 2 months. The bad thing though is that it uses a lot of data. Especially if you check on your bot often.

MariusK
04-19-2015, 07:30 PM
The bad thing though is that it uses a lot of data.

This.

Much rather have email notifications setup on bot status and then login through TV to restart the script.

KeepBotting
04-19-2015, 08:26 PM
OP, you tell users to note down an ID/password for the purpose of connecting.

I find it's far more time-effective to sign up for a TeamViewer account, then set up your remote machine for unattended access (can be done from within TV).

This way, when you load up the app on your mobile device, you can sign in (or be signed in automatically depending on preferences) and access a list of all your machines.