PDA

View Full Version : Finding Widgets

iEatApplez
05-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Hiya,

I've always been wondering how to find your current slayer task using reflection, so I decided to read up on the advanced tutorial.
Considering it's no NPC, Item or Object, but you can still retrieve data from it (that's what the tutorial says) it should be a widget.
Following the tutorial step by step, I managed to print all the widgets. Killed a slayer monster and checked it again. Beautiful!
There were 2 changes, one that probably doesn't have anything to do with it, and the other which probably does.
So yeah, the Widget's number changed from 107 to 106, but then I canceled my slayer task, got a new one and checked it again.
This time the task was 125 Greater demons, but the Widget that showed I had to kill 107 monsters was at 0 this time.
So I killed another Greater demon and compared the full widget print again, with only 1 difference this time.
It was something like 87468294 to 87475946.

Now what I want to know;

• Why did it find the amount of monsters I had to kill when I was on a Black demon task, but not when I was on a Greater demon task?

• Should I be looking at widgets for this? Or am I doing something stupid now?

• The widget only displayed the amount of monsters to kill, I couldn't find anything saying the name of the monster I had to kill. Any leads where I can find those?

Any help is really appericiated! I went from figuring out how to talk with NPCs to figuring out how to check invisible data, so I'm kind of confused here :p

Hoodz
05-06-2015, 04:33 PM
widgets have nothing to do with it.
instead you should look at "settings"

I made a slayer script but I couldn't find it in the settings, I don't believe there is any.

iEatApplez
05-06-2015, 04:49 PM

I made a slayer script but I couldn't find it in the settings, I don't believe there is any.

I checked the settings, but there was nothing there either.
Could also get it by activating enchanted gem, then searching the bottom line in chat, get the text and search it for [quantity] + [slayer monster].
I believe that's also how RSBuddy does it. When you check your gem or get a new task the slayer counter pops up, but when you log to an alternative account, it still thinks it has the same task as the other account until you check your gem again.

Harrier
05-06-2015, 04:50 PM

I believe there is a setting now. I can remember someone on IRC saying he found one, but at the start of OSRS there wasn't one :/

Hoodz
05-06-2015, 04:53 PM
I checked the settings, but there was nothing there either.
Could also get it by activating enchanted gem, then searching the bottom line in chat, get the text and search it for [quantity] + [slayer monster].
I believe that's also how RSBuddy does it. When you check your gem or get a new task the slayer counter pops up, but when you log to an alternative account, it still thinks it has the same task as the other account until you check your gem again.
yes this is also how i did it.

I believe there is a setting now. I can remember someone on IRC saying he found one, but at the start of OSRS there wasn't one :/
i dont think so.

iEatApplez
05-06-2015, 10:53 PM

I tried it yesterday, couldn't find one :/