PDA

View Full Version : Doors!

Gillbz
06-05-2007, 04:57 PM
In this tutorial we will learn how to open doors.
This tutorial starts assuming you know how to use all the bold and red functions.

There are a couple of ways we can check if a door is open or closed:

MMouse

We can move the mouse to the door and check IsUpText('pen'). This may look very "botty" since you will have to check every time you want to go through the door.

FindColorTolerance

We can tilt the screen down and check if we can find the color of the door with a high tolerance. If it is found then some people still like to use IsUpText(). This is the second best way.

DTM's

There are two ways we can use DTM's to open doors:

FindDTMRotated

We can keep the view from upbove and create a DTM of the door from the top angle. We can then store it in a varibile and check if the found DTM angle is between > 5 or < 1 (6 is approx 360 degrees). If it finds that and the compass is north, and the door east or west then the door is shut. We need to open it so move the mouse to the x and y vars it returned and click. Prehaps use IsUpText('pen') just to check.

Please post comments on how I could improve and if it was useful.

shaunthasheep
06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
give examples(test code) of each, and i'll call it a tut by my perspective =p

Dan Cardin
06-05-2007, 07:14 PM
thats ok...but could u use a procedure that used a DTM of the red line for the door? and if it was verticle, then Exit; if horizontal then door opening procedure. But theonly problem is you would need to search only pat of the minimap...can u do that?

Gillbz
06-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Doors on the MM look closed when they are open... I might add some code samples later :)

Dan Cardin
06-05-2007, 07:21 PM
dang...grrrr i thought that would work...harrrrumphh

PwNZoRNooB
06-06-2007, 07:36 AM
I use the MMouse way in my script.
Yes it's botty but it's highly workable.
I'm going to change it later though.