The Runescape 3 Powerskill Competition!

Competition Requirements:

Registered Users & Jr Members ONLY
The script cannot consist more than 300 lines
NO Plagiarism
NO SRL Members
You haven't already released the script
NO cheating (No partnering up)
note: You may ask however many questions you want regarding script errors/code help.

Note: Script prompt hasn't yet been decided

[SIZE=5]Prize:
TBA

Donators so far:
•P1nky
•StickToTheScript
•grats
•The Mayor
•cosmasjdz
•Nemesis3x

Runescape 3 or Runescape 07?

-As for now the pot for the prize isn't enormous so I have decided to not split the prize. So I will let the participants decide what version of Runescape they want to script for, majority wins and that is how this will be decided.

Participants:
1 adc
2 swaggle_pants
3 yourule97
4 Pavement
5 srlMW
6) fady
7) acow
8)

Script requirement?:
TBA

[SIZE=5]The 5 Checkpoints

Below is a quick summary of what you have to consider to pass them successfully

Technique (/10)

This relates to what type of loops you have used where, how you found that certain object on the floor, how you detected that door, how you made sure your script was fail safe. It also refers to issues such as whether you should have used DTMs / DDTMs / bitmaps there or not, how you have found an ore/tree/etc., and if you could have done this any better

Individuality (/10)

This refers to whether your scripting style is your own or not. The more individual your script is, the better it is for you, because this means you really understand what all of the different procedures / functions / types / methods should be used for. it means you are relying less on other people, and are developing your own style.

Use of SRL (/10)

This relates to how well you have used the SRL include. Are you creating custom functions that are already in SRL, or are you using the existing ones in the include. Also, are you using them correctly? There is no point in creating something which is already in the include. Basically this shows how well you have looked through the include before resorting to making it yourself, and it shows your understanding of the include as well.

Efficiency (/10)

The more efficient the script is, the better it is. Why constantly write out procedures when you can use a simple repeat instead? Are you using "end else" when needed? Do you have duplicate functions? Are you freeing DTMs / bitmaps after finishing with them? The more efficient your script is, the better it will run, and the easier errors will be to fix when they arise. No more than 300 lines.

Meeting Requirements (/10)

How did the script run when we tested it? Did it do what it was asked for? Any problems? As simple as that.

Credit: The Great 'StarBlaster100'

Take a good look at the checkpoints and I will be updating this soon! As soon I finish some objectives for this competition.

Questions? Ask away! To enter please post in this thread.

Big thanks to The Mayor.

"May the SRL Gods be with you!"

P1nky
06-26-2015, 08:40 PM
Reserved

Clarity
06-26-2015, 08:45 PM
Awesome, glad to see this up! Best of luck to the entrants :)

adc
06-26-2015, 08:48 PM
I'm in if this is RS3. I need to start on a big project (ie. larger than my tbox hide tanner lol) anyway.

yourule97
06-26-2015, 08:58 PM
Even though the requirements aren't up atm, I'd love to have a go at this. Count me in.

The Mayor
06-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Looks great! Looking forward to more details over the next few days ;)

E: Just realised it's only fitting that you use Starblaster100;'s marking grid for a 'powerskills' competition :D

Citrus
06-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Awesome! I don't think I can compete, but I can probably donate some gold if this ends up being RS3.

Pavement
06-26-2015, 11:25 PM
Would rather it for OSRS but may challenge myself with some SRL-6 and do an RS3 script if it comes to that. Thanks

srlMW
06-27-2015, 12:00 AM
I'd definitely be in for a competition like this, been wanting one for a while now!
One question though, what is "powerskill"?

P1nky
06-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Even though the requirements aren't up atm, I'd love to have a go at this. Count me in.
Great! also please mention, RS3 or OSRS?

Awesome! I don't think I can compete, but I can probably donate some gold if this ends up being RS3.
Sounds good! I will shoot you a PM if we decide on RS3.

Would rather it for OSRS but may challenge myself with some SRL-6 and do an RS3 script if it comes to that. Thanks
Okay cool so you would be just fine if we decide on RS3 or OSRS

I'd definitely be in for a competition like this, been wanting one for a while now!
One question though, what is "powerskill"?

Great, RS3 or OSRS? Also powerskill = Power fletching/ Power woodcutter/ Power miner/ etc. (Obtain & drop).

Thanks all,

P1nky

fady
06-29-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm def in if this is RS3!!

Swag Bag
06-29-2015, 02:52 PM
I'm in for rs3!

Harrier
06-29-2015, 03:13 PM
P1nky; It would be very nice if this was for OSRS since there have been no competitions so far for OSRS and it could encourage a few people ;)

Pavement
06-29-2015, 03:18 PM
Any way of doing both though or is that too hard to compare.

Turpinator
06-29-2015, 03:30 PM
Also powerskill = Power fletching/ Power woodcutter/ Power miner/ etc. (Obtain & drop).

You should probably add this to the main post and give more examples of what a powerskill is/isnt as i was very confused on reading the thread with no reference to the actual title of the competition.

Some other limitations might be nice... For example... Could someone make a prayer one that just buries bones? Will the user have to furnish an account to test the script on? Is there any way to compare script A to script B by actually running them? or do you just plan to read the code?

Also, if I am reading this correctly, following the checkpoints scoring, let say I were to enter. Assuming everything is weighted evenly, I (or any other member+) could obtain a score of 48.33333 (10+10+10+10+10*[5/6])

yourule97
06-29-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm down for RS3

Justin69
06-29-2015, 06:26 PM
I'd love this for RS3. Do you have any deadline in mind yet?

srlMW
06-29-2015, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the clarification P1nky;
As for which version, I choose RS3.

P1nky
07-02-2015, 05:34 PM
This will be a RS3 competition, will there be anymore scripters that would like to participate?

Note: Participants please expect a PM from me soon.

Thanks,

P1nky

Swag Bag
07-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Can we have a team of 2? We both are basically brand new to SRL

Pavement
07-02-2015, 08:08 PM
This will be a RS3 competition, will there be anymore scripters that would like to participate?

Note: Participants please expect a PM from me soon.

Thanks,

P1nky

Gona have to fire up rs3 for the updates :D

fady
07-07-2015, 04:11 AM
Waiting for the final script requirements so I can start writing this! :D

acow
07-07-2015, 04:34 AM
not sure what this entails but I guess count me in

captainblast
07-07-2015, 08:08 AM
Good luck to all :] :spot:

I would join but I am just now getting my feet wet with scripting. Still reading and learning. If I learn fast enough maybe I will give it a shot :D

GetHyper
07-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Too late to enter?

P1nky
07-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Waiting for the final script requirements so I can start writing this! :D
Sorry been super busy with work, sorry for the delay. I will write it up hopefully by tonight.

not sure what this entails but I guess count me in
Great!

Too late to enter?
Nope!

Lucidity
07-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Is this restricted to srl-6 or ogLib :)

P1nky
07-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Is this restricted to srl-6 or ogLib :)

Good question, I should add this to the front page and restricted to SRL-6.

adc
07-15-2015, 12:52 AM
Any information about this P1nky?

srlMW
07-15-2015, 01:26 AM
Any information about this P1nky? P1nky; How's it all going? Any updates? :)

Obquility
07-18-2015, 08:32 PM
Count me in if this hasn't already started.

nero_dante
08-01-2015, 11:03 AM
I won't be participating, but I'll be happy to add some rs3 gold to the prize fund :P ... P1nky send me a pm and I'll happily put towards the prize :)

I may not be a good scripter, but it doesn't mean others can't be rewarded for trying hard :)

Vacrin
08-08-2015, 05:14 PM
When is the due-date for this competition? And could I still participate?

iAmaGz
08-18-2015, 12:12 AM
Id like to add to the reward pot :o looking forward to seeing what you guys are capable of and helping put towards the reward :D

Goodluck everyone!

srlMW
08-18-2015, 01:04 AM
When is the due-date for this competition? And could I still participate?

Unconfirmed. Yes you can still compete. :)

yourule97
08-18-2015, 02:56 AM
If.... P1nky ever shows up again.

Vacrin
08-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Unconfirmed. Yes you can still compete. :)

Great! :D

srlMW
08-18-2015, 11:03 PM
Great! :D

Best of luck! (:

AFools
08-19-2015, 03:38 AM
Could we have a side comp for OSRS? even if there isn't a prize? =D

srlMW
08-19-2015, 04:20 AM

Feel free to host one yourself! If you don't feel like judging it you can always hire. :D

AFools
08-19-2015, 04:42 AM
Well; i would have preferred to compete; but i will have to give this a thought; maybe drum up some support =D

Fisher
08-22-2015, 04:23 PM
Is this still on? I have a script that I would love to use, but I am not quite done with it. As long as the deadline isn't too soon, I would love to be signed up!

srlMW
08-22-2015, 09:02 PM
Is this still on? I have a script that I would love to use, but I am not quite done with it. As long as the deadline isn't too soon, I would love to be signed up!

Yes it's still on, but the deadline is unclear still.

Fisher
08-22-2015, 10:44 PM

Well then I better get to work on my script! I'm down to participate, except I'm not quite sure what a powerskill is.

fady
08-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Well then I better get to work on my script! I'm down to participate, except I'm not quite sure what a powerskill is.

A power skill is a skill that is trained without banking as in, power woodcutting, power miner, power hunter, power thiever, etc..
Basically collect/make then drop and repeat

anth_
08-23-2015, 12:10 AM

Feel free to host one yourself! If you don't feel like judging it you can always hire. :D

An OSRS competition would be nice, feeling opportunistic! :)

3Garrett3
08-24-2015, 02:34 PM

P1nky hasn't logged in for over a month - probably safe to say that it's not still on.

The Mayor
08-24-2015, 02:38 PM
P1nky really shouldn't have posted this if he isn't following it through. Posting the thread with no details was also a bad idea. Someone needs to take over this competition if it is still gonna happen.

NCDS
08-24-2015, 04:16 PM
P1nky really shouldn't have posted this if he isn't following it through. Posting the thread with no details was also a bad idea. Someone needs to take over this competition if it is still gonna happen.

Can anyone contact him to be sure he's not going to follow through? I wouldn't mind taking it over, or helping at least.

The Mayor
08-24-2015, 04:23 PM
Can anyone contact him to be sure he's not going to follow through? I wouldn't mind taking it over, or helping at least.

Go for it, he was inactive even before he made this.

NCDS
08-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Go for it, he was inactive even before he made this.

So did P1nky just run off with the prize pot or...?

I'll try to talk to Wizzup?; tonight to be sure this is an "official" competition.

srlMW
08-24-2015, 11:03 PM

That would be sweet as, I'm sure the competitors like myself are yearning for the long awaited judgement! :drool:

Swag Bag
08-25-2015, 01:25 AM
P1nky; Where are you man we need you. I wrote a script for you..

NCDS
08-25-2015, 04:27 PM
This competition IS still on. I will be "taking charge" and posting a new thread with official details in the next day or so.

Most rules that have already been established will remain in place. Might increase the line limit, but I want to get some input from the other judges (if there are any around still?).

fady
08-25-2015, 05:08 PM
This competition IS still on. I will be "taking charge" and posting a new thread with official details in the next day or so.

Most rules that have already been established will remain in place. Might increase the line limit, but I want to get some input from the other judges (if there are any around still?).

I'm glad that this will be on again! Sadly I can't participate anymore because I am no longer a Jr Member. I have only been SRL Member for a couple of weeks now, but if you need any assistance with the judging. I am more than willing to help!

NCDS
08-25-2015, 05:36 PM
I'm glad that this will be on again! Sadly I can't participate anymore because I am no longer a Jr Member.

Eh, a members competition could be soon to follow. We'll see how this one goes. I honestly wouldn't mind opening this up to members as well, but we'll see what others have to say.

I have only been SRL Member for a couple of weeks now, but if you need any assistance with the judging. I am more than willing to help!
I'll keep you in mind, thanks. :)

srlMW
08-25-2015, 11:10 PM
~ I appreciate you keeping this competition alive but feel as though the limit should stay mostly the same unless majority of the entrees agree to a raise.
Thanks again. :)

NCDS
08-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Please refer to this (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114377&p=1356680#post1356680) thread from now on.