PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good gamin Laptop?

Element17
08-08-2015, 07:34 PM
I have a friend who asked me if this is a good gaming laptop. Mostly for WOW and games of that nature. He also would like to mess around with some video editing software. He likes the price but is willing to go a little higher. I am so behind when it comes to specs now but if you know of any better deals please feel free to post them! Thank you in advance.

http://clarksville.craigslist.org/syd/5152154198.html

Adieux
08-08-2015, 07:46 PM
I would say its fine for wow since its not really intensive, if hes looking for ONLY a laptop then sure get it.
But if you want something to play games and stuff consistently you could build a pretty good desktop for that price and have a bigger screen.

Calluminati
08-08-2015, 07:57 PM
For the price it's ok however if you honestly want to game on this I'd say no. Also as @adieux said you could build a relatively decent desktop for that price if you look for the right welfare build.

KeepBotting
08-08-2015, 09:58 PM
I'm in the same camp as the two users above me -- you'll get the most for your money, and have the best experience, if you get a gaming desktop versus a gaming laptop.

Element17
08-08-2015, 10:07 PM
I tired to tell him that but he insist on a laptop as he is a college student who is on the go and just wants to play whenever he has time and internet somewhere. I want to thank you guys for you comments! He will be sad when I end up building a desktop that smokes his laptop haha. Thanks again guys.

Swag Bag
08-08-2015, 10:31 PM
I understand wanting to get a laptop. My first gaming computer was an i7 quad core laptop as well. That will definitely run WOW with decent graphics no problem. Just make sure he doesn't lock into the first laptop he sees and evaluates all of his options!

adc
08-08-2015, 10:38 PM
The 540M is a pretty crap graphics card, compared to any modern card, but it's possible it'll handle WoW. I'd definitely keep looking around and, if possible, save up some more money so you can get a better laptop that'll last longer performance-wise.

Lickme04
11-21-2015, 03:32 AM
not that great IMO