PDA

View Full Version : Can't get this to work...

Jason2gs
06-08-2007, 01:21 AM
<?
print("Hello world!");
?>

I type that into Notepad. Save it as a .php file, and open in Firefox. It doesn't seem to work :(

Please help me. I'm new to PHP, and I would love to learn :)

i3each
06-08-2007, 09:12 AM
you need to install php on your computer lol..
www.wampserver.com

Puretzu
06-08-2007, 09:23 AM
I get always line 309 error idenfifier error, what i have to do?

Jason2gs
06-08-2007, 02:25 PM
You have to install PHP?

That's weird. I always thought it was one of those things like HTML or JavaScript. (Meaning it's already in the internet. You don't have to install it or anything.)

Well, thanks for your help ;)

Markus
06-08-2007, 09:08 PM
PHP is server side. The server reads the php code, and then makes html code of it and sends that to your browser.
Javascript and HTML are client side. They are fully done by the browser.
Short version: a browser doesn't read php. It will read html send by aphp server.
Even shorter version: Install php :)

Jason2gs
06-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Heh, thanks Mark ;)

Markus
06-09-2007, 11:57 AM
You're welcome.
If you need any help programming in PHP, I'm creating my own game in it, so I know the language.

~alex~
06-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Like a text based RPG or something?

Markus
06-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Yes, a maffia alike game, but then it is at my school with stuff (people, things that happened like me finding like ten exploits in the mail system and screwing everybodys mails :p ) from my school in it.
I create it with three men:
1. Myself, I call myself "lead coder". I do all the coding.
2. Friend 1, a genius. He is only 12 years old but in the same year as the 14 years old, and a math genius. He makes formulas like crazy, and he has some ideas and I help him sometimes with the formulas.
3. Friend 2, doesn't code nor does the maths, but is head betatester, found many buggs and he actually creates the whole story with me.
It will be in Dutch, so if you don't know dutch don't botter asking me for the source. Everything is dutch in it.