Rules:

Script must be for RS3
Must use SRL6
Some sort of progress report IS required
300 line maximum!
Script must NOT be previously released

Judging Criteria:

Logic: 25%
Do you use loops properly to cut down on code repetition? Is your code laid out in an intelligent manner? Do you use global variables when they could be local? This will weigh as 25% of your total score.

Creativity: 20%
Are your methods creative? This applies strictly to the scripting methods used, not the RuneScape methods the script performs. This will weigh as 20% of your total score.

Failsafes: 15%
Did you implement proper failsafes to ensure the script can recover from an unknown condition? This will weigh as 15% of your total score.

Proper use of SRL6: 15%
Did you make use of the SRL include and the features/function provided? This will weigh as 15% of your total score.

Script Performance: 15%
Does the script perform as intended? Does it make erratic, bot-like movements? This will weigh as 15% of your total score.

Standards/Readability: 10%
Is your code an eyesore? Can you easily look through and see comments explaining what the code is doing? (don't over do it either). This will weigh as 10% of your total score.

DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 9TH!
Scripts must be submitted to me via PM on these forums by 11:59pm to be eligible.

Post below to enroll.

Currently enrolled:

srlMW
YouPee
Hannar
kiwikiwi
adc
KeepBotting
R0b0t1

:thumbsup:Best of luck!:thumbsup:

KeepBotting
08-26-2015, 06:48 PM
300 line maximum!

:thumbsdown:

By what criteria will entries be judged? I will consider entering once the updated information is revealed.

3Garrett3
08-26-2015, 06:58 PM
:thumbsdown:

By what criteria will entries by judged? I will consider entering once the updated information is revealed.

For guidelines, refer to The Mayor's Competition Thread (https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110594). NCDS and I will be judging the scripts, and we will be following *roughly* this. When we're both off work this evening (or tomorrow) we will nail down the exact criteria and the weighting. There will be a "script operation" component and a "script writing" component. So make them pretty (good standards), efficient, and make them work well.

For the lazy:

Good use of the SRL6 include
Correct code indentation
Good use of comments throughout your script
Avoiding infinite loops
Necessary failsafes
Creativity

Something like that ^^

adc
08-26-2015, 07:22 PM
So does "Powerskill" include any training that doesn't require banking? What type of script does it have to be?

NCDS
08-26-2015, 07:50 PM
So does "Powerskill" include any training that doesn't require banking? What type of script does it have to be?
Indeed it does, as long as it trains a skill; be creative. ;)

I just threw this post together quick before work so people knew the dealine and So people who already wrote scripts can rest assured this is still happening. As I said in the first post, more information will be available tonight when me and garret can get together.

Joopi
08-26-2015, 08:37 PM
Will enter, was actually looking forward for a competition to give me motivation like a week ago, just noticed this post :)
PS. Does the method matter that much, since I have no current members account and coming up with creative methods for F2P is hard.

adc
08-26-2015, 08:54 PM
Indeed it does, as long as it trains a skill; be creative. ;)

I just threw this post together quick before work so people knew the dealine and So people who already wrote scripts can rest assured this is still happening. As I said in the first post, more information will be available tonight when me and garret can get together.

Also, maybe a silly question but comments and whitespace don't count towards line count total, correct?

3Garrett3
08-26-2015, 09:01 PM
Will enter, was actually looking forward for a competition to give me motivation like a week ago, just noticed this post :)
PS. Does the method matter that much, since I have no current members account and coming up with creative methods for F2P is hard.

Method doesn't matter, we aren't judging on xp/hr or $$$$$$

Also, maybe a silly question but comments and whitespace don't count towards line count total, correct?

Unless otherwise stated (ie when I talk further with NCDS) whitespace and comments will count towards line count. Use proper SRL standards and you'll be fine. If you have to sacrifice pretty headers I won't be upset.

Fisher
08-26-2015, 10:10 PM
I am down to join. Now I have a reason to work on my script and actually get it done!

srlMW
08-26-2015, 10:53 PM
September can't come quick enough! ;)

e: Does the entree script require a proggy? If so, will it be marked down if it doesn't have one?

kiwikiwi
08-26-2015, 11:05 PM
I will enroll :)

adc
08-27-2015, 01:53 AM
Unless otherwise stated (ie when I talk further with NCDS) whitespace and comments will count towards line count. Use proper SRL standards and you'll be fine. If you have to sacrifice pretty headers I won't be upset.

I feel like this is a silly requirement, to be honest. I have a basic AFK script that's 71 lines long. I could probably compress it to 50-60 lines if I disregarded all readability but still used newlines. Adding proper commenting to the script would probably add another 30 lines. The difference in formatting types shouldn't, in my opinion, be a limitation on a script. Newlines and proper commenting used to make the script more readable can often double - or more (for example, color.simba is 800 lines long, of which 300 lines are actual code) - the length of the file.

NCDS
08-27-2015, 04:41 AM
September can't come quick enough! ;)

e: Does the entree script require a proggy? If so, will it be marked down if it doesn't have one?
Yes, I believe that is going to remain a requirement. However, something as simple as the following would count as far as I'm concerned.

writeln('Time worked: '+toStr(msToTime(players[i].worked.getTime(), TIME_ABBREV))+';');

Now obviously a more detailed report will likely get a better vote, but do what you can.

I am down to join. Now I have a reason to work on my script and actually get it done!

I will enroll :)

Awesome! glad people are interested.

I feel like this is a silly requirement, to be honest. I have a basic AFK script that's 71 lines long. I could probably compress it to 50-60 lines if I disregarded all readability but still used newlines. Adding proper commenting to the script would probably add another 30 lines. The difference in formatting types shouldn't, in my opinion, be a limitation on a script. Newlines and proper commenting used to make the script more readable can often double - or more (for example, color.simba is 800 lines long, of which 300 lines are actual code) - the length of the file.
I'm honestly not a huge fan of the line limit. However I'm kind of just taking over control of an already established competition here. Some people have already written/started writing script for this, so I didn't want to change too many details.

If most competitors are in favor of raising, or even removing the line limit, I would be open to that.

adc
08-27-2015, 06:23 AM
I'm honestly not a huge fan of the line limit. However I'm kind of just taking over control of an already established competition here. Some people have already written/started writing script for this, so I didn't want to change too many details.

If most competitors are in favor of raising, or even removing the line limit, I would be open to that.

As long as complexity of the script (ie. abyss AFKer vs AIO powerminer) isn't a factor in voting I'm fine with this.

Incurable
08-27-2015, 09:46 AM
I'm glad to see that this competition isn't going to die and be forgotten. I look forward to seeing the entries when all is said and done. :)

KeepBotting; you cheeky bastard, now I know why you don't want to be an SRL Member! You just want to be able to enter into all of the competitions and get another cup! :p

KeepBotting
08-27-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm glad to see that this competition isn't going to die and be forgotten. I look forward to seeing the entries when all is said and done. :)

KeepBotting; you cheeky bastard, now I know why you don't want to be an SRL Member! You just want to be able to enter into all of the competitions and get another cup! :p
Interesting observation, however this will be the first competition that I have ever entered.

although I do want that shiny cup

yourule97
08-27-2015, 03:03 PM
I'd love to enroll again, but can i get a clarification on what a powerskill script is again?

NCDS
08-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Updated the first post with judging criteria and participant list.

I'd love to enroll again, but can i get a clarification on what a powerskill script is again?
Anything that trains a skill, but doesn't bank.

Incurable
08-27-2015, 11:55 PM
although I do want that shiny cup

A-ha! That's as good a confession as any. I'm onto you, buddy. :p

Zyt3x
08-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Why is it always Junior Members only? :(

Ross
08-28-2015, 02:51 PM

Right? WTB a cup.

NCDS
08-28-2015, 04:14 PM

Right? WTB a cup.

Not my choice this time; I'm just finishing what P1nky started.

If there are enough members+ who want to compete I would likely be willing to do that next. We'll see how this one goes first though.

Fitta
08-29-2015, 10:52 PM
I want to compete. Any include, any game, let's go to war boys.

Fisher
08-29-2015, 11:26 PM
To be sure I don't get a bad grade, does practicality of a script affect its score? Like, would an iron powerminer score higher than a potato picker and dropper?

NCDS
08-29-2015, 11:41 PM
To be sure I don't get a bad grade, does practicality of a script affect its score? Like, would an iron powerminer score higher than a potato picker and dropper?

Does "potato picking" train a skill?

Fisher
08-30-2015, 02:15 AM
Does "potato picking" train a skill?

Good point, guess I have to reveal my actual idea. What about something that like makes a cake by collecting components and then eating the cake? It wouldn't be very useful, but still slowly trains cooking.

NCDS
09-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Good point, guess I have to reveal my actual idea. What about something that like makes a cake by collecting components and then eating the cake? It wouldn't be very useful, but still slowly trains cooking.

Sounds good to me. :)

This competition is being judged more so on code and over all ability, rather than anything actually RS related.

REMINDER!

For all those wanting to participate in this competition we are ONE week out from the deadline.

Best of luck!

adc
09-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Sounds good to me. :)

This competition is being judged more so on code and over all ability, rather than anything actually RS related.

REMINDER!

For all those wanting to participate in this competition we are ONE week out from the deadline.

Best of luck!

Who do we send our code to?

KeepBotting
09-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Who do we send our code to?

To NCDS.

NCDS
09-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Today is the final day to submit your scripts, don't miss out!

Hoodz
09-09-2015, 12:54 PM
good luck everybody!

KeepBotting
09-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Best of luck to all entrants :) may the judges have mercy on your souls...

NCDS
09-10-2015, 03:30 AM
Entry is now closed, and the judges will be busy :stirthepot:

Thank you to all of our participants and Good Luck!

I'm going to try and have the results posted sometime this weekend.

3Garrett3
09-10-2015, 04:42 AM
the judges will be busy :stirthepot:

Can confirm, spent 4 hours judging two scripts.