PDA

View Full Version : [Cooking] Arclight's OGL Chistmas Cooking 2015

arclight
12-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Yo, threw together this script for the Christmas cooking event thing. Have the stove opened up when you start, I haven't implemented opening it. It uses the keyboard to pick what to do, so it should never click off the stove or anything. I need to add more antiban probably, right now it just does a minimap turn occasionally. It was working pretty well for me when I was testing it, but let me know if you find any bugs. I use the default interface for this script.

edit: I think I should also mention, there are no fail-safes, granted, nothing much to fail on.

See https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112599 about setting up ogl.

Threshold
12-02-2015, 02:16 AM
Sweet release. I've been scavenging for simple/short scripts to learn from when finals are over. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Obscurity
12-02-2015, 02:55 AM
findModelByIdAndTooltip()

^ Very cool idea, mate. I haven't logged into RS in a while, but your script/layout looks very cool. Only thing I'd mention is - what layout does this require? Old School/SRL/full viewport?

arclight
12-02-2015, 03:01 AM
It needs a default (the default on the escape menu) viewport. Pretty sure that's full viewport.

iturtleee
12-02-2015, 06:22 AM
I requested this script the first day, and got no replies. I decided to make my own. I did something similar to yours, but mine stops periodically and does defence. I was just about to post mine, but I think ill just keep mine private :) lower the ban chance maybe?? lol I ran your script for about an hour. It ran really good. Congrats on release it looks really good. :)

arclight
12-02-2015, 08:04 AM
I requested this script the first day, and got no replies. I decided to make my own. I did something similar to yours, but mine stops periodically and does defence. I was just about to post mine, but I think ill just keep mine private :) lower the ban chance maybe?? lol I ran your script for about an hour. It ran really good. Congrats on release it looks really good. :)

I would do the defense xp thing, but its too shitty to really spend time on it. The cooking is fairly good xp, the defense is not so much. They balanced the event pretty horribly.

jamesaz1994
12-02-2015, 11:46 AM
It starts up and everything but it doesn't use the keybinds. I have everything set up properly (or so I think?) yet it doesn't want to work with me.

I get these errors:

ArclightOGLChristmas2015 > tSmart.getParameters() failed

Error: Access violation at line 99
Execution failed.
The following bitmaps were not freed: [0]

It spins the camera every now and then, but that's just about it.

Tlachtli
12-02-2015, 03:11 PM
It's been running pretty smoothly so far! I did tweak the wait times a bit so it would respond to food changes faster (1-3s instead of 0-10s) and decreased the likelihood of a camera rotation happening--it was making me dizzy :wacko:

Update: 15 levels and counting, running solid :thumbsup:

It starts up and everything but it doesn't use the keybinds. I have everything set up properly (or so I think?) yet it doesn't want to work with me.

I get these errors:

ArclightOGLChristmas2015 > tSmart.getParameters() failed

Execution failed.

It spins the camera every now and then, but that's just about it.

It initially did that for me. I changed the layout from Old School to RS3 Default and that got it working.

Spectral
12-04-2015, 06:40 AM
I went from 50 cooking to about 90 in a day and a half. REP

kylerodgers1994
12-07-2015, 12:18 AM
wont work for me

arclight
12-07-2015, 12:33 AM
wont work for me

What does it say in the output?

kylerodgers1994
12-07-2015, 12:35 AM
Execution failed.

arclight
12-07-2015, 12:55 AM
Execution failed.

Change your layout to default.

kylerodgers1994
12-07-2015, 12:10 PM
it is :/

arclight
12-07-2015, 12:20 PM
it is :/

I guess I should explain a bit on how the script works. You are getting an access error because where the script reads on the screen, there is no text. Add "smart.graphics.DrawBox(323, 65, 490, 90);" before mainloop at the bottom and comment out main loop. If the box isn't around the text that says what to cook, your layout is probably wrong. It needs to be the escape menu layout of default. If that doesn't work, no clue what's wrong for you. You might need another box size if your layout doesn't exactly match what I coded it for.

imgonnabeatm
12-11-2015, 09:30 PM
can someone take a screenshot of their layout while this is running so i can get an idea of why mine isn't working? :P

Edit* I finally managed to figure out why the script wasn't working for me. Make sure that in your graphics settings, you have OpenGL selected and not DirectX. Hope that helps :)

onilika
12-11-2015, 11:44 PM
can someone take a screenshot of their layout while this is running so i can get an idea of why mine isn't working? :P

Edit* I finally managed to figure out why the script wasn't working for me. Make sure that in your graphics settings, you have OpenGL selected and not DirectX. Hope that helps :)

You could easily change the tBox that would better suit the interface of yours.

arclight
12-12-2015, 04:40 AM
You could easily change the tBox that would better suit the interface of yours.

If anyone is going to go that route, some things that might be useful are smart.graphics.clear and smart.graphics.drawBox(box)

Those will clear and draw a box on the debug screen. Figured I might mention it seeing as the documentation behind OGL is sort of lacking at the moment.

Fisher
12-16-2015, 12:37 AM
Wow, I can't believe just how simple and easy this is! 120 Cooking, here I come! Side note, does anyone know if the agility xp is worth it on this event?

Silentcore
12-16-2015, 01:38 AM
Does anyone know the aprox xp per hour you get on cooking with the scrip??

kiwikiwi
12-16-2015, 02:33 AM
Congratulations :)

musty
12-16-2015, 10:03 PM
great script

SmallP3n0r
12-16-2015, 10:07 PM
Does anyone know the aprox xp per hour you get on cooking with the scrip??

It gets you 99 cooking, 'nuff said. But really, I think I averaged 125-150K/hr. through level 99.