PDA

View Full Version : OSRS Hooks Outdated 03/12/2015

yoteecee
12-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Old School Runescape recently updated.

Reflection hooks are outdated.

Can someone give me some information about the process and what hooks are?

I've tried searching google, but a lot of it is very old.

Thanks

AFools
12-03-2015, 01:08 PM
The official hooks are maintained by elfy; The hooks go out of update after almost every single osrs update, the hooks now need to be compiled; almost always done by elfy - (He has re-built his private compiler recently - would love to see video of this bad boy in action).

As for ETA on updates; Elfy does not play or script as far as i know, at all! he maintains the reflection library and hooks free of charge! all he expects is some decency and maybe a thank you.

Most updates occur around the same time and Elfy is usually quick onto them (2-4) hours unless he is busy IRL

*** edit what are hooks?

These are assigned values given to certain parameters; i believe these get re-shuffled.. you can look at your hooks folder in your include/reflection/core i think from memory

Rlp
12-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Elfyyy is aware the hooks are outdated and will no doubt update them shortly.

yoteecee
12-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Elfyyy is aware the hooks are outdated and will no doubt update them shortly.

I didn't post this to notify anybody, I just wanted to know some information :)

The official hooks are maintained by elfy; The hooks go out of update after almost every single osrs update, the hooks now need to be compiled; almost always done by elfy - (He has re-built his private compiler recently - would love to see video of this bad boy in action).

As for ETA on updates; Elfy does not play or script as far as i know, at all! he maintains the reflection library and hooks free of charge! all he expects is some decency and maybe a thank you.

Most updates occur around the same time and Elfy is usually quick onto them (2-4) hours unless he is busy IRL

*** edit what are hooks?

These are assigned values given to certain parameters; i believe these get re-shuffled.. you can look at your hooks folder in your include/reflection/core i think from memory

Thanks for the advice.

Is there a way that I can update my own hooks without relying on elfy?

AFools
12-03-2015, 02:48 PM

Thanks for the advice.

There is a post around somewhere; about building your own de-obfuscation program, but with my current programming experience i haven't had any experience or knowledge of it. The short answer is no. The long answer if you are inclined to build your own you will have to find the post and ask there. (i will link you if i have time later)

Kyle
12-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Wow, this may be a new record for quickest a thread came up about outdated hooks -.- I just woke up lol.. https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111667&page=2&p=1363373#post1363373

Rlp
12-03-2015, 03:57 PM

Thanks for the advice.

There is a post around somewhere; about building your own de-obfuscation program, but with my current programming experience i haven't had any experience or knowledge of it. The short answer is no. The long answer if you are inclined to build your own you will have to find the post and ask there. (i will link you if i have time later)

I believe this could be the thread you mean?
https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111556

yoteecee
12-03-2015, 09:50 PM
Wow, this may be a new record for quickest a thread came up about outdated hooks -.- I just woke up lol.. https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111667&page=2&p=1363373#post1363373

Thanks for updating the hooks Elfyyy!

Hoodz
12-03-2015, 10:18 PM

still cant rep you, fml