PDA

View Full Version : What's the ban rate for Simba on OSRS?

YMCMBubel
12-24-2015, 03:57 AM
How often would I get banned? I'm thinking of running a bot farm.

Turpinator
12-24-2015, 05:07 AM
Assuming each ban in statistically independent, 50%.

All jokes aside, let me enter it into my handy dandy formlae and we will see.

edit: its taking some time to calculate, normally takes a couple of hours, so ill post in the morning the results.

AFools
12-24-2015, 05:10 AM
Botting is a skill to its self. Make mule accounts bot the hell out of them learn not what to do on your main(not too many bots or you may get flagged).. Don't trade mules directly to your main and see how long you last?

YMCMBubel
12-24-2015, 05:48 AM
Botting is a skill to its self. Make mule accounts bot the hell out of them learn not what to do on your main(not too many bots or you may get flagged).. Don't trade mules directly to your main and see how long you last?

Would you suggest any good working scripts and how I could possibly setup a botfarm? If so, my Skype: BandoBubel

Justin69
12-24-2015, 06:25 AM
Here are my general rules for running a farm,

1. 1 P2P mule & 1 F2P mule per 10 bots. mule 1 (P2P) to resupply bots, buy things in GE & receive profits, mule 2 (F2P) to receive profits from mule 1 - buy bond on mule 2 when ready to move the profits.
2. If I intend on moving the profits to my main, I first swap from mule 2 to the other game (07 if RS3, RS3 if 07) and back to my main a few days later.
3. Retire any accounts that have been temp banned (48 hours) or have sold gold.

When I get bans it's almost always one of the following situations:

1. All bots running at the time were banned
- I then retire both mules 1 & 2 after moving the gold and make a new batch of accounts. review the script and error log to ensure no glitch caused the bans.
2. The script bugged out/antiban was bad and 1 of many running bots was banned.
- I then review the script and error log, babysit it and make constant tweaks.
3. The batch of accounts was banned (10 bots & mule 1)
- Usually I just make new accounts and carry on. With most methods I bot, bans seem to happen in waves.

It all comes down to numbers. You need to figure out your costs & put a value to your time.

Here's a rough example of what I do before setting up a new farm

Time value (what is an hour of your time worth): 5M
What are the requirements to bot this method: 50 magic, P2P
What are the costs to meet above requirements: Bond 3m, runes 2m
Hours (manual) required to get a new account ready: 1
Profit per hour per account: 500k

Cost per new account: (5M * 1hour) + 3M + 2M = 10M
Hours botting needed to profit: 10M/500K = 20 hours

With those figures alone I know if my bot can't run 20 hours without being banned I'll be losing money, but if my bot runs 20 hours a day for the duration of a bond it will profit net 130M. From here things can get complicated quickly, especially if trying to scale past running 20 bots.

TLDR;

A bot farm is an investment. There will always be some risk, just don't invest what you aren't willing to lose.

When I started I ran a royal dragon hide tanning farm, 70M overhead PER ACCOUNT. Don't do anything that silly and you should be fine :)

AFools
12-24-2015, 06:48 AM
IMO i don't waste my time with f2p - ban rates are too high and resources per hour isn't worth it. Spend 48 hours getting gp for membership. Then run a real farm with out getting tied down with too many bans and having to restart.

EmoCore
12-24-2015, 10:47 AM
You have to fit into the mass so you wouldn't get reported.
Do not run same script on all accounts. (Will keep the resource value and wont provide jagex huge ammount of data)
After ban delete cache.

AFools
12-24-2015, 12:54 PM
You have to fit into the mass so you wouldn't get reported.
Do not run same script on all accounts. (Will keep the resource value and wont provide jagex huge ammount of data)
After ban delete cache.

There are skills that you can make money bank standing these days; feed them resources for more profits..

KeepBotting
12-24-2015, 02:14 PM
Nobody knows. Anybody who offers a suggestion is speculating.

AFools
12-24-2015, 04:14 PM
Assuming each ban in statistically independent, 50%.

edit: its taking some time to calculate, normally takes a couple of hours, so ill post in the morning the results.

Thought we had came to a formula? =P

Turpinator
12-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Thought we had came to a formula? =P

No. there are multiple formulas, ie formulae.

The results are in... your odds are of getting banned are...
(let P(x) be the probability of getting banned)
\oint \vec{F} \cdot d\vec{s} < P(x) < \lim_{k->\infty}\frac{k}{k+1}

Citrus
12-24-2015, 07:33 PM
No. there are multiple formulas, ie formulae.

The results are in... your odds are of getting banned are...
(let P(x) be the probability of getting banned)
\oint \vec{F} \cdot d\vec{s} < P(x) < \lim_{k->\infty}\frac{k}{k+1}

Why is P a function of X? What is X? I need more info! I don't want to get banned!

AFools
12-24-2015, 09:13 PM
Why is P a function of X? What is X? I need more info! I don't want to get banned!

Well after crunching some numbers and graphing the co-(d)efficient of the function; it turns out you have a positive (+) chance of being banned; rather than the opposite! (A Permanent Non-Ban)

acow
12-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Even jagex wouldn't be able to answer that question.

jstemper
12-25-2015, 02:53 AM
no one knows