PDA

View Full Version : Fresh start, havnt scripted since 2006 scar days, advice and questions?

PSP_Cloud
03-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Firstly hey guys glad to be here :)
I Used to bot runescape around 2006 and took an interest in SCAR, I gradually learnt how to make a few basic scripts and eventually came to grips with it with some pretty advanced ones. Sadly I havnt coded anything since or played runescape really for the last 6 years and have no memory of how to script.
I have no idea whats changed with runescape, its all massively overcomplex and confusing to me now! Any changes I need to know about? Are randoms still in place (the downfall of scar sadly)?
So anyway I no longer have much of an interest in Runescape, but I remember enjoying scripting so I'm back to have another crack and learn from scratch having forgotten everything. Some brilliant tutorials here and will be going of them (have nearly made a Mining Guild Miner already). A lot of the includes are very new and confusing, one or two I have tried don't work either presumably due to color changes, are these still a problem and are all the includes reliable and working? Also where is the best place to learn which procedures are preferable to use?
I'm finding a lot of this out myself abeit slowly so any advice would be awesome, my ultimate goal is to learn how to script here, move onto python then other coding launguages (Coding SCAR was fun and a good foot in the door for me hopefully)
Cheers :)

Edit:
Just realized I should have posted this in the 'who are you' section... never mind!
Started a fresh account too see what's changed in RS (my mains mostly in the 70s+ with a few 90s, years old, rather it wasn't banned although most of its scar botted!), it seriously doesn't even feel like the same game, having fun though I guess, bit of legit play then time to start with the scripts!

srlMW
03-12-2016, 05:24 AM
Welcome back! If you find RS3 isn't your thing don't quit just yet, consider scripting for http://oldschool.runescape.com/slu (https://href.li/?http://oldschool.runescape.com/slu). It's the official recreation of the 2007 rs servers and has a dedicated team working on constant updates powered by the community. Good luck : )

PSP_Cloud
03-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Welcome back! If you find RS3 isn't your thing don't quit just yet, consider scripting for It's the official recreation of the 2007 rs servers and has a dedicated team working on constant updates powered by the community. Good luck : )

I noticed there was a section for OSR, hadn't tried it until you mentioned it. Its pretty terrible graphic wise as I remember yet still delightfully nostalgic :D Its a shame skills don't transfer over, it truly does show how much the game has changed to keep current, not necessarily in a good way but I doubt Runescape would have survived otherwise.
So which are people preffering to use with simba? My interest is with neither game I would just like to learn to script :)
I still can't seem to find an answer to my question on randoms, are the annoying random events like the sandwhich lady present in either version of runescape? They used to annoy me no end even playing by hand as they were ridiculously hard, it got to the point where you would keep a bot running to solve some of the anti randoms and even then most rarely worked :(

KeepBotting
03-12-2016, 11:59 AM
I noticed there was a section for OSR, hadn't tried it until you mentioned it. Its pretty terrible graphic wise as I remember yet still delightfully nostalgic :D Its a shame skills don't transfer over, it truly does show how much the game has changed to keep current, not necessarily in a good way but I doubt Runescape would have survived otherwise.
So which are people preffering to use with simba? My interest is with neither game I would just like to learn to script :)
I still can't seem to find an answer to my question on randoms, are the annoying random events like the sandwhich lady present in either version of runescape? They used to annoy me no end even playing by hand as they were ridiculously hard, it got to the point where you would keep a bot running to solve some of the anti randoms and even then most rarely worked :(

Random events are completely gone in RS3, and still appear in OSRS but you can ignore them if you want and they'll go away.

PSP_Cloud
03-12-2016, 08:13 PM
Random events are completely gone in RS3, and still appear in OSRS but you can ignore them if you want and they'll go away.

Good to know, was about time they got rid of them :thumbsup: Cant believe the communities still here too! Is it still going strong?
Had a thought too, from googling it looks like SMART is detectable, back in the SCAR days you just used the browser client and it took control over the mouse. In theory I'm guessing you could make an undetectable script with color although I'm not entirely sure what the implementations of smart are

Lucidity
03-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Good to know, was about time they got rid of them :thumbsup: Cant believe the communities still here too! Is it still going strong?
Had a thought too, from googling it looks like SMART is detectable, back in the SCAR days you just used the browser client and it took control over the mouse. In theory I'm guessing you could make an undetectable script with color although I'm not entirely sure what the implementations of smart are

you don't have to use smart, you can bind simba to any window

KeepBotting
03-12-2016, 09:06 PM

The community isn't as strong as it used to be, but this is purely because RuneScape itself has been declining in popularity in recent years. I guess you could say that the community is doing as well as can be expected, given how quickly RuneScape is falling out of favor.

SMART can be detected by Jagex, as can any third-party software used to cheat. Whether or not it actually is actively detected is up for debate. The general opinion around here is that SMART is perfectly safe: Jagex could detect it, but currently doesn't. Maybe they don't care about us since we're such a small subset of the cheating community.

You can still let Simba control your mouse, using SMART is not mandated. As Lucidity says you can manually target a window just like in the old days.