PDA

View Full Version : Back to SRL, want to learn scripting

Blade par
03-16-2016, 10:08 PM
Hello everyone out there!

Just found an intrest in learning to script RS3 bots!
Just got back to playing the game, any found out that Villavu is still up and running!

Brought a huge smile to my face, and now that i got more knowledge in coding,
I would like to learn some, instead of leeching like last time i played the game.

Now that i will have a week or two off from both my full time work, and full time studies,
I would want to play learn some coding!

So i ask you guys, what kind of script would you recommend to start with, from scratch ofcourse.
Would love to get to know some Lape scripting!

Regards,
BladeP

theholyone
03-17-2016, 05:32 AM
Pretty much everything you need to learn can be found from the beginners tutorial :

https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107757
https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109161

for starter script i'd highly recommend following those two guides and making a power chopper/ miner because it teaches you the basics of almost any script.

after you're comfortable with power-leveling, go for banking to include the use of SPS if you haven't already.

but that being said the game is going to change drastically very soon in the future with NXT / possible buy-out so make sure you don't spend too much time on this :P

one of the BIGGEST things that i've taken away from "learning how to script" ( Can't really call using someone else's hard-coded procedures / functions scripting IMO...)

If you ever have any doubts about how to do something, or if there is already a hard-coded function for what you want to do, search the SRL functions lib.

I've found so many helpful functions that I either spent WAY too long trying to make myself, or never even though about :spot:

Blade par
03-17-2016, 11:11 AM
Thanks man! Looks good, goona go throught them and start a few accounts to start with.
I agree with you on that point, i never wanna copy someone else scripts. Maybe borrowing some anti-bans or so.
But want to make scripts of my own, learning what types of uses there is of SRL and so on.

GetHyper
03-17-2016, 06:23 PM
Nov 06, old school indeed!

The above mentioned guides should be fine, it's what I used when I played RS3.

Have fun learning :)

Blade par
03-18-2016, 08:39 AM
Indeed!
Starting of with doing a powerchopper, and possibly adding a fletcher in there when i've been learning how it works.
2nd project im gonna try a air orb crafter if thats possible for my set of skills.

IMayoboeiI
01-25-2017, 03:02 PM
Reading other people's scripts would be a good start.

runwithit
06-20-2019, 10:44 PM
I can help pm me