PDA

View Full Version : New Update Forum talk

phantombmx
05-16-2006, 11:04 AM
just a few quotes that are about the update, straight from the forums

Excellent, look forward to seeing a difference in game play, and am hoping it wipes those auto scum of the face of RS.

Good work
personally i think its a terrible update, i mean sure censors should be adjusted so now we have to find new methods to swear, i know its not what jagex wants. but its just a pain to not even be able to express displeasure? and then weve also lost the use of swiftswitch, a beloved program by many of runescapes players, myself included. Apart from the sounds in low detail, i see nothing new apart from slower chat, and a pain with censors

the game was fine before this update

ever heard of the saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it?"
thnx for massive lag jagex!!!! ty!!
wow this update stinks lithunia ppls cant even say hi in lithunian language

The Un-Named
05-16-2006, 11:23 AM
i am investigating the bolded text as i am writing this

I've submitted it as a bug report to jagex. All that happens is when you open the bank screen, you get 2 tiny white dots where the logout button was. Won't affect SRL I shouldn't think.

phantombmx
05-16-2006, 11:24 AM
ah okay, thanks for clearing that up.. ill remove that then :)

Bam Bam
05-16-2006, 06:14 PM
I personaly think that they have gone way to far in their updates

The Un-Named
05-16-2006, 09:48 PM
I personaly think that they have gone way to far in their updates

Upgrading there game engin has helped alot, I, for one can now listen to music and play lag free. All I think they modded was the way the game is run. I know from devs in another game, you don't have a large gameplay map without lag, I mean RS map would make up 1/5th of the game but this game is pretty good graphics, but minor lag at time, but there's about 10k players have logged in, so things even themselves out. I remember onetime when there was like 150 players playing max. ^^

EDIT: Most scripts should still work. Only very slight graphical changes.

WT-Fakawi
05-16-2006, 09:54 PM
yes, gameplay has improved a lot. I noticed the cache has more files, it grows until main_file_cache.idx9 now.

Banking and selecting stuff is soooo much more smooth!!!

hm, we are going to like this update me thinks.

And yes, we seem ok.

Anybody got banned?

c0de
05-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Login screen is too slow for meh :o (when logging in it has a lil' delay)

Not meh, I don't really auto alot, I'm planning to make elite army and something good yet private before I achieve my goal :):). But now I only auto when I make and test my scripts :)

Cheesehunk
05-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Anybody got banned?

Nope, none of my 6 man army got banned..:p
I may leave a script on tongiht with an updated ClickHereToPlay Bitmap, to see how it works, and see if this new Macro system works for SCAR.

Bam Bam
05-16-2006, 11:30 PM
i didnt get any bans