PDA

View Full Version : My game is on the play store!

jjo204
05-17-2016, 11:09 AM
Hey guys!

So a couple of days ago, I got around to publish my first game on the play store! I would love if some of you would take the time and try it out and give me some feedback on it. I'd love to make changes and get any/all community involved, especially in circles like this that have a good knowledge about programming.

The game is known as Line Z, and here is the https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meracko.line&hl=en link to the application.

If this is inappropriate (especially in this section), I do apologise. Have a great day everyone! :bart:

Joopi
05-17-2016, 12:55 PM
Looks promising!

Okea
05-17-2016, 02:12 PM
I like the minimalist graphics, I will download and have a go.

Lipcot
05-17-2016, 03:23 PM
damn its hard, could barely reach 4 thingys

anth_
05-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Looks really cool! Don't have the playstore so I'll have to hunt down the apk :)

kristi
05-17-2016, 08:47 PM
I dig the concept, too bad I own an iPhone though :/

honeyhoney
05-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Great color palette! Love the style :)

The play store is for android devices. :)

kristi
05-17-2016, 09:03 PM
Great color palette! Love the style :)

The play store is for android devices. :)

Exactly, "too bad" :P

anth_
05-17-2016, 11:39 PM
Sorry, jjo204 is it open-source? I'd love to put it on f-droid, happy to even maintain it :)

Polar Xpress
05-18-2016, 12:25 AM
I have to say, it's a bit addicting. I meant to just give it a quick try and ended up playing it for a solid little while. Definitely a fan. Didn't quite manage to get to double digits though, so I'm thinking I kind of suck at it.

honeyhoney
05-18-2016, 01:02 AM
Exactly, "too bad" :P

Hah. My bad. Could've sworn I read "too bad I don't have an iPhone" XD

Lipcot
05-18-2016, 08:48 PM
Its now my official "play it while taking a dump and stay there for a long while" . Good job!

Incurable
05-18-2016, 10:29 PM
I played a solid 15 minutes of it before the video ads made me stop. I don't know much about the different ad systems on mobile, but if you're able to disable video ads and only allow banners or one-tap exit ones then you might get more people playing for longer.

Definitely an addictive game, the simple graphics work well and the challenge ramps up slowly enough to be a lot of fun. I'd personally suggest going for a more colourful colour scheme, but keep it simplistic, mobile gamers seem to love that cartoon look.

A quick question too, do you design each level or are they generated each time? You might get more replayability out of it if the first few levels are fixed and the rest are randomly generated.

Overall, solid effort! Can see it doing well. :)

EDIT: Oh, and PLEASE make an exit button. There's nothing more annoying than needing to manually force close an application.

Citrus
05-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Oh, and PLEASE make an exit button. There's nothing more annoying than needing to manually force close an application.

What do you mean by this? None of the games on my phone have an exit button; I just press the home button.

Incurable
05-19-2016, 01:48 AM
What do you mean by this? None of the games on my phone have an exit button; I just press the home button.

Unless I'm mistaken, hitting the home button doesn't close the application and it's still running in the background using resources.

Lipcot
05-19-2016, 02:05 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, hitting the home button doesn't close the application and it's still running in the background using resources.

thats correct, but arent all apps like that? you have to kill them manually

Incurable
05-19-2016, 07:38 AM
thats correct, but arent all apps like that? you have to kill them manually

Only if they don't have a way of closing them from within the app, i.e. an exit button.

jjo204
06-03-2016, 06:53 AM
Hi everyone!
First of all thank you for all your feedback and i'm glad you enjoyed the game. I want to apologise for not getting back to all of you as I have been a bit busy. I have made a few changes in game and just want to know what you guys think of it!

It is going to be released for IOS soon! I've just been a bit busy with Uni stuff, hopefully in the next few weeks! :spot:

Sorry, jjo204 is it open-source? I'd love to put it on f-droid, happy to even maintain it :)

It isn't open source, as i feel my current code is a bit of a mess. Once i clean it up and have it available for IOS, I will definitely look in to making it opensource.

Its now my official "play it while taking a dump and stay there for a long while" . Good job!

Haha, I'm glad to hear! It was my intention to make a game like flappy bird, that people play while taking a dump :P

I played a solid 15 minutes of it before the video ads made me stop. I don't know much about the different ad systems on mobile, but if you're able to disable video ads and only allow banners or one-tap exit ones then you might get more people playing for longer.

Definitely an addictive game, the simple graphics work well and the challenge ramps up slowly enough to be a lot of fun. I'd personally suggest going for a more colourful colour scheme, but keep it simplistic, mobile gamers seem to love that cartoon look.

A quick question too, do you design each level or are they generated each time? You might get more replayability out of it if the first few levels are fixed and the rest are randomly generated.

Overall, solid effort! Can see it doing well. :)

EDIT: Oh, and PLEASE make an exit button. There's nothing more annoying than needing to manually force close an application.

I have been looking to put a stop to it, hopefully I can find better ads that will help both the user and myself. The "levels" are all randomly generated. Each time you hit a milestone (i.e 10, 20 etc) new challenges are added and randomly generated in the map :bart:

Again, thank you for all your feedback,and i'd love to hear more! It would be more than helpful to me if you could tell your mates about this, and leave some feedback on the app store!

Lemon star
06-03-2016, 07:23 AM
Great game, I played this on my school trip heh:)

Incurable
06-04-2016, 09:35 AM
I have been looking to put a stop to it, hopefully I can find better ads that will help both the user and myself. The "levels" are all randomly generated. Each time you hit a milestone (i.e 10, 20 etc) new challenges are added and randomly generated in the map :bart:

I haven't played it in a couple of weeks, but the last time I played it for half-hour and didn't get any video ads and only 1-tap exits so I assumed you changed it.

I'll give the new version another go. What did you change? :)

jjo204
06-05-2016, 08:15 AM
I haven't played it in a couple of weeks, but the last time I played it for half-hour and didn't get any video ads and only 1-tap exits so I assumed you changed it.

I'll give the new version another go. What did you change? :)

Added a couple of game modes, few more challenges and just some interface work :)

The video ads should be few and far between hopefully!

Incurable
06-07-2016, 03:25 AM
Added a couple of game modes, few more challenges and just some interface work :)

The video ads should be few and far between hopefully!

Excellent update overall, and I notice that hitting my back button does prompt an exit. It can be difficult to use though, I need to swipe up to reveal my buttons (HTC One M9) and that means swiping up on a banner at the bottom of the screen. Have you considered a dedicated exit button within each screen? Or am I missing where it is?

Looking forward to more updates. :)

melovyn
02-25-2019, 11:36 AM
sounds good. i will check it

buenavides1
04-23-2019, 01:14 AM
I have tried to check it but all I see is an error or no result.