PDA

View Full Version : what does this have to say about the new"members" here.

torrent
05-16-2006, 09:59 PM
i decided to check sumthing out.. i wanted to see wat our new joined member(ex aryan user) would be doing on this forums right after he/she registered. here is wat i found.. :rolleyes: post ur opinions plz
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4193/leechers9kg.png

is this not very suprising..? :rolleyes:

DriveMyAlien752
05-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Oh well, I havent been on. I left SCAR, but now I'm coming back. I'll be active from now on.

Keen
05-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Oh well, I havent been on. I left SCAR, but now I'm coming back. I'll be active from now on.

Yep DMA has been inactive but it dosn't mean he is a leecher. Hes actually a good scripter. ;)
But yeah, alot of new people are just gonna leech.

ub3r |<1||3r*1337*
05-16-2006, 10:23 PM
SRL err... i mean this site, is home to me on the internet :) and of course MSN

torrent
05-16-2006, 10:24 PM
we got 10 new members in the last 30 mins :\ and im not talking about the older memebrs.. im jsut talking about most of the ppl who just joined today..

WT-Fakawi
05-16-2006, 10:42 PM
relax.

Hi DMA :)

torrent
05-16-2006, 11:12 PM
dun wrry we only at 100 members today so far...im having this tinkling feeling that we will see more..

phantombmx
05-16-2006, 11:16 PM
when i first came here, i went straight to download :p

hi DMA! how are ya?

Cheesehunk
05-16-2006, 11:39 PM

Yes, DMA is back!

torrent
05-16-2006, 11:40 PM
when i first came here, i went straight to download :p

hi DMA! how are ya?

but ur part of the ppl who created this lol.. that dont count :rolleyes:
wel we got the most active users on at a time today
"Currently Active Users: 24 (22 members and 2 guests)
Most users ever online was 33, Today at 09:56 PM. "
33 still not bad..

EDIT:holy shit i spammed so much today! i better make this the last for today :)

Cheesehunk
05-16-2006, 11:51 PM
but ur part of the ppl who created this lol.. that dont count :rolleyes:
wel we got the most active users on at a time today
"

Phantom was just made a develepor recently.

Anyone with major scripting skills can become a developer.. He didn't start out as one, he had to climb his way up the ladder.

phantombmx
05-17-2006, 12:15 AM
just what i was about to say cheesehunk ;)

i started out as a little leecher back at kaits, moved to saradomin eventually.. learned lots of skills there.. then i moved here.. learned even more.. helped tons of people.. and here i am :D

jon buddy
05-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Meh. I joined in march. I havnt been active because i've been using aryan/slave bot/imp aryan, whatever you want to call it. I was active on kaitnieks. I never learned to do much scripting. I've done some testing for people before. I like to think i'm not a leecher.

I just think that maybe some people didn't bother registering here before because they liked java bots better. You shouldnt be so judgemental.

And what do you expect people to do when they first join? Surf the forum spamming? Post scripts that they wrote while they were taking a vacation from scar? No, they came to srl forums for a reason, to get srl and become aquainted with it. After all, why do you put the download link right up top if you don't want people to download it asap? People see it there, with its nice bold print. I'm guessing most of these new members just wanted to download it and see what all the hype was about. I'm sure many of them plan to be active.

Its not like you guys do a very good job of advertising yourselves. I talked to old scar botters that had know clue who the hell you were.

Next time, please give a thought about this before you post this type of stuff. What makes you so sure that we wont be active members on this forum?

Now honestly, what was the first thing you did when you joined this forum? I'm sure most of you downloaded srl right off the bat. Don't even bother lying, your not fooling anybody. I just find it funny that you guys are so upset with the new members. Most forums would be happy about this sort of thing..

And don't say "oh..well...we dont like leechers.."
new member != leecher ;)

Cheesehunk
05-17-2006, 12:50 AM
Jon buddy, most of your argument is correct, however here is where you went wrong..

And what do you expect people to do when they first join? Surf the forum spamming? Post scripts that they wrote while they were taking a vacation from scar? No, they came to srl forums for a reason, to get srl and become aquainted with it. After all, why do you put the download link right up top if you don't want people to download it asap? People see it there, with its nice bold print. I'm guessing most of these new members just wanted to download it and see what all the hype was about. I'm sure many of them plan to be active.

I just took a look at the forums, and I saw 5 people viewing the Leacher scripts forum, that is the most I ahve ever seen viewing any forum...

Also, there are a couple posts saying "This script doesn'r work, fix it!" There scripts for leachers, don't expect them to work perfectly, if you can't figure out a small error in SCAR, you don't deserve to auto...

Just my opinion.

Edit: I also think your signature is a bit big..

Please keep it 3 lines or less!

torrent
05-17-2006, 01:29 AM
And what do you expect people to do when they first join? Surf the forum spamming?
I'm guessing most of these new members just wanted to download it and see what all the hype was about. I'm sure many of them plan to be active.

I expect them to read the rules first.. as you see the first day i joined i read the rules cause i posted a reply to it..(im not talking about all new memebrs but some jsut go straight to downloading..)
its been a while since we hit 730 members and i seen that most ppl did not post anything..i came on earlir today and i seen ppl joining but barly any posted anyhting(maybe u active but sum or MOST are not!)

Its not like you guys do a very good job of advertising yourselves. I talked to old scar botters that had know clue who the hell you were.
according to what i have read and heard i think ppl in this community want to be hidden.. when a link to here was posted on sythe, ppl here didnt want it up ther or sumthing.. we dont want to be know by everyone cause we do not want to attract jagex in here.. if not much ppl used aryan, aryan wud still be alive today.. over thousands of accoutns were autoed on by aryan therfore if we dont get many ppl here it wud be better for us since we wud stay alive since not much ppl wud be using the same scripts..:D if so much ppl came here like they went to aryan then we wud get screwd over as well.. the funny thing is the "old scar botters" didnt know about this site!! thats how good is the admin at this site! they r so 1337 that they even managed to hide this site from ur "old
scar botters" :)i also read the posts about hiding this site from search engines.. if u look hard enough ull find it.. is there anymore i have to say?
(i hope everything i said is accurate,if not plz go on and correct me,and dont flame me if i am wrong lol) also do not mind my spelling and grammer mistakes!

and to answer this..

Now honestly, what was the first thing you did when you joined this forum? I'm sure most of you downloaded srl right off the bat. Don't even bother lying, your not fooling anybody

yes i download 2 or 3 scripts.. but at the same time i managed to post about it. <<<I ALSO TOOK THE TIME TO READ THE RULES>>

EDIT: by the way jon buddy i liek ur sig! :)

phantombmx
05-17-2006, 02:39 AM
jon buddy, i believe you are corrent on most things you have stated; however, we do not want too much attention drawn here.. yes we do want people to come here, but you need to know that the reason aryan died is because it had too much publicity.. we dont want this to die, therefore we dont want many leechers to come here and just tell every person on earth about this website..

please get rid of your signature as well. it is far too big.. it should not be much larger than my signature.. please change it immediately

torrent
05-17-2006, 02:44 AM
his sig is nice:) i love it. but yeh he can just take out the white part? ther is a huge white part he take take out and make smaller :D after all it isa bit too big :\

I remember first post=p
05-17-2006, 03:00 AM
Tell us, "jon buddy", what "old scar botter(s)" did you talk to? Perhaps the ones we don't want here? Or maybe people that have left SCAR, on purpose. Note the thread called "Finding lost scripters". Sheesh bud, we know what we're doing.

Cheesehunk
05-17-2006, 03:31 AM
Not good you guys.

Is anyone here from Gotbuddy forums?

We have a member named Gotbuddys_forum_something..

Meaning, they will downlaod it, and leak it to there forums, and so on, this could happen with other forums to, I think we should do soemthing..

Whatyouknow13
05-17-2006, 03:36 AM
Phantom was just made a develepor recently.

Anyone with major scripting skills can become a developer.. He didn't start out as one, he had to climb his way up the ladder.
I disagree.

phantombmx
05-17-2006, 04:05 AM
whatyouknow, what do you disagree? it is true.. if you have major skills, you can become a dev

Slave_Owner
05-17-2006, 04:08 AM
First thing I did was read the rules, after that I downloaded. I havent even extracted it and Im reading and posting(yay first post :D lol). I was on Kaitnieks for a while, then went to IMPSoft after Kait's died, been there til now and will continue to be there, as well as trying to be active here. I know little about scripting, but am going to start learning, as soon as I started learning some Java scripting this new update comes :-X. Anyways, I'm sure there are more people just like me, and jon buddy, who are active on other forums as well while also becoming active here. Just my input, hope to see you all around ;)

Cheesehunk
05-17-2006, 04:11 AM
I disagree.

Elaborate please.

JiveTonto@Gmail.com
05-17-2006, 04:38 AM
ya thew mroe leachers we get the more possable scripter we get os its a 10:1 thing lol well its better thanx all i know

jon buddy
05-17-2006, 05:31 AM
Hey, slave owner, nice to see you.

PS, i'm working on my sig.

XxKanexX
05-17-2006, 06:05 AM
Why should we be caring about this thread again?

'My god, someone new Downloading SRL! We'd better alert authorities immediatly!'

WhiteShadow
05-17-2006, 06:09 AM

'My god, someone new Downloading SRL! We'd better alert authorities immediatly!'

What I was thinking, I decided not to post it out though. It is more respectful that way.

The Un-Named
05-17-2006, 08:02 AM
"I hate to say it, but not even good ole SCAR works anymore."

If that's what people think about scar/SRL then they haven't tried it/haven't even botherd looking for updates. My autofighter, autominer STILL work(autominer dosen't work in current relesed version) but the funny thing is, scar hasn't had it's downtime.

Brb, guys, I'm gotta go update my SCAR, RS update!!

torrent
05-17-2006, 01:31 PM

"We"? i thought it was an "I" since it was only me who posted that..;)