PDA

View Full Version : [Questing] [Reflection] Rune Mysteries Runner

Aspect
08-24-2016, 07:21 AM
Rune Mysteries Runner
This script completes the Rune Mysteries Quest!

Setup:

Make sure you have AeroLib!
Start In the room with the Duke of Lumbridge (Start Location)
DO NOT rotate your compass, leave it north
Make sure your Home Teleport is Available!
USE THE GRAPHICS SETTINGS BELOW (BRIGHTNESS MAX)

NOTE:After talking to Arbury the first time, the bot will pause for a bit before talking to him again. This may take a bit, just give it time.

*Updated to use TPA's on some doors instead of DTM's (Credits to Dissimulo for his door/gate handler.)
*Fixed issue where bot would keep clicking the NPC's.

*The second door in wizard tower is using DTM's keep an eye on it

Dissimulo
08-24-2016, 10:51 AM
Few things:

Settrap can be taken out
Since you are using reflection, have a look at https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116214 for the doors (DTMs can be finicky IMO)
I am pretty sure Aerolib has a continue conversation command? Also, the random(800, 900) seems like bad practice
Can't you use the walk path function? Just grab the SPS map editor to get your paths

I'm not trying to shit on your work or anything, I think its great you are making scripts and pumping out code. Keep up the good work :)

Citrus
08-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Nice script! I made a couple questing scripts for OSRS a while back and I know they're a lot of work. It's refreshing to see someone posting so many scripts so soon after joining the community. Keep 'em coming!

Aspect
08-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Few things:

Settrap can be taken out
Since you are using reflection, have a look at https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116214 for the doors (DTMs can be finicky IMO)
I am pretty sure Aerolib has a continue conversation command? Also, the random(800, 900) seems like bad practice
Can't you use the walk path function? Just grab the SPS map editor to get your paths

I'm not trying to shit on your work or anything, I think its great you are making scripts and pumping out code. Keep up the good work :)

I'm all for some helpful tips. Thank you for the link for the doors. Those were a complete nightmare to get half way working. I'm gonna update the script today and get rid of those DTMS.

tls
08-24-2016, 03:55 PM
You should use the quest settings to detect what step of the quest a character is at, that way you can start/retry accounts that are at any stage of completion.

Or if that setting doesn't exist in varps anymore you could just open up the quest interface and use the text like I did here: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66394

Dan the man
08-24-2016, 10:42 PM
Another nice release mate. Will certainly give it a go when I make my next alt.

anth_
08-26-2016, 03:46 PM
Wow, nice stuff! :)

kijkfilms
03-24-2017, 10:40 PM
wow nice thanks for this

DaNoodler
04-08-2017, 09:48 PM
Very nice! Worked really well.

SpyroPT
05-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Successfully completed the quest for me! Awesome job man!