PDA

View Full Version : Current OSRS live stream bot busting session

Mar-TINO
06-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Theres a current bot busting live stream session, take your accounts offline for a while, for safety =)

Clarity
06-16-2018, 07:58 PM
It's hilariously useless in the grand scheme, pretty funny to watch along with the chat reactions. All the basic accounts they've banned have probably been automatically replaced several times over already.

Weath's voice modulation is pretty cringy...

6b49WR7VbUjs9Hqeq5Etr
06-17-2018, 04:33 PM
It's hilariously useless in the grand scheme, pretty funny to watch along with the chat reactions. All the basic accounts they've banned have probably been automatically replaced several times over already.

Weath's voice modulation is pretty cringy...

Is there some kind of big secret about who he is or something i don't know about, I don't really understand the whole need for the voice modulator.

Clarity
06-17-2018, 11:29 PM
Is there some kind of big secret about who he is or something i don't know about, I don't really understand the whole need for the voice modulator.

A quote from the stream was that Weath "has the flair for the dramatic" but honestly it comes across as unprofessional/immature and was very awkward to listen to. Perhaps insecurity to be revealed to an online fanbase.

Rather than some normal dialogue like "hey there are some bots at the Grand Exchange" we have this bizarre cyborg sounding individual tell Mod Ayiza "proceed to the grand exchange" - taking themselves way too seriously in my opinion.

KeepBotting
06-17-2018, 11:47 PM
The OSRS team are a bunch of nerds, can't deny they're (more or less) committed to the community though. It's undoubtedly become the more popular game, mostly on its own steam which is impressive.

I do agree the bot-busting streams are a bit gaudy. Their cosplay was pretty cool though.

P1nky
06-18-2018, 12:11 PM
How many viewers did they pull?

Jeroen
06-18-2018, 02:47 PM
How many viewers did they pull?

~23.5k, maybe a bit more.

Stream was kinda cringy indeed. Reminded me of Botany Island in RS3.

P1nky
06-18-2018, 02:59 PM
https://www.twitchmetrics.net/c/183663188-oldschoolrs

Goodness, I guess it was a huge deal..

KeepBotting
06-18-2018, 06:43 PM
https://www.twitchmetrics.net/c/183663188-oldschoolrs

Goodness, I guess it was a huge deal..

They mentioned a few times that the stream was conducted somewhat covertly, I remember them saying it was unannounced on purpose so people wouldn't simply decline to turn their bots on for a day. Interesting that it received that much traffic despite being impromptu.

I think it's mostly a ploy to drum up support from the community and front like they're scoring some huge win against bots.

sillyfrog
06-18-2018, 08:23 PM
I think it's mostly a ploy to drum up support from the community and front like they're scoring some huge win against bots.

That's exactly why. Jagex boasts about banning thousands of bots but we know they bots are entering the game faster than they can ban them. The average player will not see the results of a big bot bust as those gold farming default bots still swarm F2P. If they do a live stream, it makes them appear to be winning the war.

Aiya
09-10-2019, 01:42 PM
That's exactly why. Jagex boasts about banning thousands of bots but we know they bots are entering the game faster than they can ban them. The average player will not see the results of a big bot bust as those gold farming default bots still swarm F2P. If they do a live stream, it makes them appear to be winning the war.

Which smartphone (https://ipricethailand.com/???????????????/????????/) do you like????