PDA

View Full Version : How to use color to identify portable brazier at Shantay Pass?

Dead_Photos
11-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Hey all, I've been working on a few scripts as I said I would in a post a few weeks ago & being that it's been a while since I've coded, and over the 10 years I've been here, I haven't spoken much & am no longer in my prime, I'm having a bit of trouble using CTS to find the brazier.

The ACA tool hasn't been very much help either. Even if I can identify colors on the brazier the spots are so minimal that I don't think it'd be efficient. If I try to widen the range, it just lights up the entire screen red. I've been sourcing some of my methods from other scripts, and came across a filtering method in SemtexFishingGuild to determine fish spot while filtering water color. I just don't understand the logic or how I'd implement it for this reason.28581

the attached pic is what happens anytime I try to expand the colors to find the best color :(

Please help!

Dead_Photos
11-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Alright, so I have an idea; so I want to hear some opinions on this method. Using Booleans to confirm the direction faced, zoom, and angle of camera; would it be possible to put TBoxes' on the mainscreen where the braziers would typically be; and having Simba right click until it finds the "Add Log to Portable Brazier" option?

Bixby Sayz
11-01-2018, 09:54 PM
Is there an unique object nearby you can use as a reference? Find the (relatively) easy to find object, use that to calculate a search area for finding the object you are actually interested in. I sometimes do this if I am truly stuck on finding something.

Citrus
11-02-2018, 03:08 AM
Alright, so I have an idea; so I want to hear some opinions on this method. Using Booleans to confirm the direction faced, zoom, and angle of camera; would it be possible to put TBoxes' on the mainscreen where the braziers would typically be; and having Simba right click until it finds the "Add Log to Portable Brazier" option?

Yeah, the lazy way is to just check a few points/boxes around the player for mouseover/uptext. I think I had a few scripts like that for portables.

Dead_Photos
11-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Yeah, the lazy way is to just check a few points/boxes around the player for mouseover/uptext. I think I had a few scripts like that for portables.

Alright, so; if the portable can be in one of 7 spots... think

[] bank chest []
[] player []
[] [] []

and I want to move the mouse along the bounds of each box in the shape of a U, how exactly would I write that function??

klamor
11-06-2018, 10:24 PM
that's the lazy way. if you really want to get a good script, have a look at this https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110546