PDA

View Full Version : Nontitle's Al Kharid SilverCrafter (Not Yet Done)

NxTitle
06-18-2007, 06:00 PM
A long time ago, before SRL was out, I tried to make this same script, but had so much trouble with randoms and changing colors that i just decided to give up.

When I found out about SRL, I was very excited. I tried making it again, and so far it only took me 4 days. At this point in time, it is only the barebones of what i want, and it doesn't handle randoms, the gas in the mines, or the pick head falling off, so I put a warning at the top of the script.

-=-What It Does-=-
For this script to work, you have to start in the Al Kharid bank (anywhere is fine) with a Pickaxe wielded and a Saradomin Symbol Mould in your first inventory (as long as it isn't in the second or last slots, it should be fine). Drag the crosshair to the RS window and begin, then it will do it's magic.

It will start at the bank, and move it's way up to the silver in the mining pit. Once it reaches the silver, it will mine until the inventory is full. When that happens, it will maneuver it's way to the furnace and smelt the silver into bars. Once that's done, it mould's them into saradomin symbols and go back to the bank and store them there.

-=-Known Problems-=-

-Everything. This is not done yet, so don't expect it to work perfectly. Although if you watch it and stop it when randoms happen, you should be fine.

-Finding The Mining Symbol. When you first run the script, it will move up to the mine, but it will get stuck saying "Looking for Mining". This means it's looking for a color on the minimap of the mining symbol. I kinda screwed around with the tolerance too much and now it isn't working that well. If this happens, just stop the script, move to the silver patch in the mine, set the Loc to 2 (in configuration), and restart it, and it should get back to work.

-=-Download Links-=-
I have it in two formats: Colorful HTML and just normal SCAR Pascal text.

HTML: http://www.nxtitle.net/SilverCrafter/AlKhSilverCrafter.html
SCAR: http://www.nxtitle.net/SilverCrafter/AlKhSilverCrafter.scar

Just a reminder, but make sure you have the latest SCAR and SRL libs when you use this.

-=-More Information-=-
I am mainly posting this here if anyone wants to help out with this script. Also, if it helps at all, here is some information with the Loc Numbers:

0 - Very First Script Run. To use this, start at the Al Kharid bank with a pickaxe equipped and a Holy Mould in the 1st inventory spot.

1 - Walking to Mine. This is mainly used only by the script, and it isn't a good idea to start with this. I will soon get the script to "resume" walking if you stopped halfway between the bank and the mine. Until I get this script working well (or better than now), don't use this one.

2 - Mining Silver. To use this, start at the southmost silver patch in the mine, close enough so that you can see the silver in the main view. Here, it uses SRL to detect randoms, but it doesn't do anything about gas on the rocks or your pick head falling off.

3 - Walking Back. This is another Loc mainly used just by the script to continue. Read #2. If you have to use this one, though, start at the silver patch.

4 - Beginning smelting. To use this, start in the furnace room in lower Al Kharid, with a Holy Mould in your first inventory spot and silver ore in all the other spots. This one will smelt all of your silver ore into silver bars, but beware that this part doesn't detect randoms.

5 - Holyizing. To use this, start in the furnace room in lower Al Kharid with a Holy Mould in your first inventory spot and silver bars in the rest of the spots. This one moulds all the bars into Holy Symbols. This part doesn't detect randoms either.

6 - Back to Bank. To use this, start in the furnace room with the Holy Symbols in your inventory. This will walk back to the bank from the furnace room. That's all.

7 - Holy Store. To use this, start in the Al Kharid bank with the Holy Symbols in your inventory. This will open the bank using the SRL function OpenBankQuiet (thank you WT for making this function!), then store the made Holy Symbols into your bank, so you can either string them or sell them later. This pretty much finishes the loop, and starts back up at #1.

ZephyrsFury
06-22-2007, 03:19 PM
ok... i can't test it now since im at a friends house but from looking at your description i think i can help you.

first of all... you say you have trouble finding the mining symbol. you can use SRL's FindSymbol function which has a pretty good symbol finding procedure.

second... i think you can rename your locations to the actually names instead of numbers. this will help the really thick people get the script working.

other than that, the script seems fine for a first time. great job.

NxTitle
06-30-2007, 10:11 PM
I've made a new topic for this script, go here:
http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12778

Thank you for your help ZephyrsFury.

The findsymbol wasn't working for me, but I get the colours working perfectly and there hasn't been a problem at all.

Took your advice and now the locations have names instead of numbers.

Well, it took a couple of weeks, but now it works perfectly. I'm one of those people who has to test it after every single change I make. I've tested it more than 100 times. lol.

yanix
07-14-2007, 08:55 AM
yeah nice