PDA

View Full Version : Does Jagex Use Plants?

Flat Line
05-20-2006, 11:15 PM
With all the updates that are being done, first killing of Aryan, and now minimap color changings, do you think gagex is using a plant inside some forums :eek: ? i think that they got tired of the autoing and did a little googling...:confused: . So, what does everyone else think?

If they did it should be the time to add a new line to the terms and conditions, no jagex ppl, cant be given to jagex, or something like that.

:eek: :confused: :mad:

The Un-Named
05-20-2006, 11:20 PM
They had community members at kaitnieks. Possibly even mods.

Cheesehunk
05-20-2006, 11:21 PM

Is this just a rumour? How can people know this stuff for sure?

The Un-Named
05-20-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm not sure really but it's VERY possible that they had community members. I mean they got aryan didn't they?

Pyro
05-20-2006, 11:26 PM

I really dont believe this is true. It was rumoured by someone. I cant remember who. That semaphore ( i think) was a jagex double agent. But then he came out with scar x and it was all done. I dont really believe they have plants that are high up in ranks. And definitely not mods. Although fawki could be a jagex staff. But all mods and high up people have posted great working scripts. Why would a jagex staff release scripts out?

The Un-Named
05-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Then explain how they found out about aryan/threatend to sue countless sites.

driger1592
05-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Someone leaked the link to Kaitnieks to Jagex if I remember correctly. I think it was someone that was ridiculed in the community and decided to get back by giving us away to Jagex.

Cheesehunk
05-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Then explain how they found out about aryan/threatend to sue countless sites.

You didn't need to be a community member to see Aryan, everyone had access to it..

Jagex could of had lots of users at forums, but I don't think any were CM's, or staff.

Flat Line
05-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Although fawki could be a jagex staff.
yes, WT has GAGEX written all over him. :rolleyes: gagex staff = SRL scripter
Where did you find out about gagex sueing? cuz that could be proof, depending on what grounds and their evidence.

but i think it should be a precautionary measure to put a new rule in terms + conditions. that way if they did try to sue we could say how they got the info, which would be prob by having a plant. then the case would be thrown out and we could sue them! :D :D :D

Oh and my bad on topic title: shouldnt use the real company name :eek:

phantombmx
05-21-2006, 12:12 AM
we have a runescape section, so now we can talk using real names flat line..

i doubt there are high community members considering that if they got into a higher rank by helping the cheating community, they would be breaking their own terms of service.. hence that would mean that we are all allowed to be part of the community as well as auto and get away with it.. they just won't risk doing that because it could possibly mean a lawsuit... ;)

Krazy_Meerkat
05-21-2006, 12:20 AM
Who was it that sold out auto-rune to jagex because he thought jagex would actually give him lifetime membership?

Krichevskoy
05-21-2006, 05:52 AM
I really dont believe this is true. It was rumoured by someone. I cant remember who. That semaphore ( i think) was a jagex double agent. But then he came out with scar x and it was all done. I dont really believe they have plants that are high up in ranks. And definitely not mods. Although fawki could be a jagex staff. But all mods and high up people have posted great working scripts. Why would a jagex staff release scripts out?

I'm shocked that you don't remember me, but not really...
semaphore was totally a contractor hired by Jagex to set up kaitnieks.com to be shut down :P
Hasn't it occured to you that someone could release a new cheat that Jagex already made a counter to, intentionally, thus gaining CM status and banning a few autoers in the process?

weaselforce
05-21-2006, 06:15 AM
PD gave aryan to jagex anyway, probably inevitable...got himself lifetime membership

Pwnd
05-21-2006, 06:35 AM
I'm not sure really but it's VERY possible that they had community members. I mean they got aryan didn't they?
I'm a Jagex developer. Fear me.

SubiN
05-21-2006, 06:39 AM
why shhould we fear u ?

Bebe
05-21-2006, 06:44 AM
Krichevskoy I helped you to leak information to Jagex, don't you remember?

Semaphore was working for Jagex, simple as that.....

Bam Bam
05-21-2006, 06:50 AM
Who was it that sold out auto-rune to jagex because he thought jagex would actually give him lifetime membership?
dylock:rolleyes:

Just Kidding
05-21-2006, 06:55 AM
Jagex has known about scar for along time. We all know this. God knows how long the Mod andrew has been working on an update to fix runescape to prevent scar from being used effectively. I would say that it was well before aryan came out. They just killed aryan in the process because it came along. And with the help of the devs and the negative uid.

Cheesehunk
05-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Krichevskoy I helped you to leak information to Jagex, don't you remember?

Semaphore was working for Jagex, simple as that.....

What information??

I never really hung around the Java forums, and I never knew much about Semaphore, why do people think he worked for Jagex?

Iamadam
05-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Well I can certainly say that Aryan didn't need to be 'leaked.' And the link to Kaitnieks didn't need to be 'leaked' either. They were both sitting there staring Jagex in the face :P
I'm sure Jagex keeps close tabs on all the cheating communities, and would not be at all surprised if there were a few Jagex employees here.
Thats ok - maybe we can convert them away from the dark side ;) Hehe I've always dreamed of having an 'inside man' at Jagex - imagine what we could do!

Krazy_Meerkat
05-21-2006, 07:59 AM
:p Lol it would be pretty fun watching jagex freak over leaks, impersonators and everything that we have to deal with. Maybe runescape would "accidentally" be released without any colour-changing at all XD

Pyro
05-21-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm shocked that you don't remember me, but not really...
semaphore was totally a contractor hired by Jagex to set up kaitnieks.com to be shut down :P
Hasn't it occured to you that someone could release a new cheat that Jagex already made a counter to, intentionally, thus gaining CM status and banning a few autoers in the process?

Damn it i thought it was you. But i knew it was someone with the java cup. i thought java cup then tonnes of names popped into my head like kimi and stuff and i couldnt remember.

True about makign a cheat to intentionally get people banned. but surely not. Then asdf must have been in on it aswell.

XxKanexX
05-21-2006, 08:33 AM
I'm a Jagex developer. Fear me.
I'm Andrew. Fear me more.

The Un-Named
05-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Hey Andrew! We're really cracking down on autoing nowdays, aren't we?

EDIT: Hey, do you know where Mark is? I need to speak to him...

c0de
05-21-2006, 03:26 PM
WT-Fakawi is Andrew!!! :D lol

Keen
05-21-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm a Jagex developer. Fear me.I'm Andrew. Fear me more.

I'm mod mark, the fat one. :o

Shine
05-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Anyone who doesn't think they're jagex members has to be retarted. For instant, someone pointed out a grammer error about a runescape guide at runescape.com, on mopar's forums. Within 20 minutes it was fixed. Obviously a jagex staff had seen it on mopar, went to runescape and corrected it.

Keen
05-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Anyone who doesn't think they're jagex members has to be retarted. For instant, someone pointed out a grammer error about a runescape guide at runescape.com, on mopar's forums. Within 20 minutes it was fixed. Obviously a jagex staff had seen it on mopar, went to runescape and corrected it.

Yes. But did you know Andrew cheats on him own game, in his free time, just for fun. ;)

Arkanor
05-22-2006, 05:54 AM
I bet that Jagex has a member or two at most of the major cheating forums. It's a safe bet that they have a member here, a member at Sythe (just in case something useful emerges from there), one at Fagex.net, and probably one at Reinet. Obviously they had members at Kaitnieks as well. The accounts could just be inactive non-posting ones - nothing to draw suspicion, just keeping tabs on things in the public domain.

weaselforce
05-22-2006, 06:02 AM
i wouldnt doubt mopars either. Its more or less filled with scar'rs and lots of java developments are discussed there.