PDA

View Full Version : How Jagex gets autoers...at lease a theory of mine...READ!

wuzbob
06-25-2007, 04:27 AM
Attention all scripters! Over the past few months, I have been doing research on how Jagex can catch macroers. Yes, you all may think i sound stupid, but I think I may be on to something. I experimented with some scripts, 5 scripts didn't have an auto talker, and the other scripts did. Well, the accounts that i used with the five scripts without the auto talker were banned almost instantly (level 10's not 3's)(Death to RSDEMON!!!) Anyways..the reason i think jagex has for putting an account under suspicion is because they don't say a word! Someone goes and reports the account, so customer support takes a further look into it, and notices that hey, this person has chat off and isn't saying a thing. Also, the accounts that i used auto talker on, were in an autoing area (willows) and were among many of their fellow autoers and still haven't been banned! I have been autoing on them for about 2 months. So, I strongly suggest that scripters take a look into putting auto talkers in their scripts, I think that this makes a strong difference.
Well, that's all i have to say, I hope I helped in some way or another...Thanks for reading! Feedback would be nice, or if you have any other info on this topic.

sweetleaf
06-25-2007, 04:52 AM
mmm i agree that having an auto-talker decreases your chances since it actually says somthing rather than completely ignoring a person.

Markus
06-25-2007, 09:17 AM
In my experience I got banned for using an autotalker.
What scripts you used?

Santa_Clause
06-25-2007, 09:31 AM
He means an auto-responder, not an auto-talker...

rkroxpunk
06-25-2007, 10:38 AM
i havn't used an auto responder script in yonks and never been banned. if you've got a leet one that has every conversation possible with multiple replies then sure your good except for the major lag, otherwise if it's crap ur more likely to get banned as people can just continually ask a question and make u say the same thing over and over. seeing as one script had a responder and the other didn't I assume you used 2 different scripts. Hence one script was worse than the other :P. tonnes of legit players dont talk. I often have pub chat off so yeah no real difference IMO. it's the script not the responder :p

Santa_Clause
06-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Ooo Rk...what did we agree on in my application...never talk about responders again. Remember when you said Pentti's responder will lag you badly and he said it's only called once...:p

Haxor
06-25-2007, 12:16 PM
i agree that auto talkers decrease the chance of you being banned. because it makes it seem more human like.

haxor

3Garrett3
06-25-2007, 12:23 PM
ya, but if you have a solid script, with other anti ban, you dont need one. I have been autoing... for three months here i think, havnt been banned yet. The only script that has auto talk that I used was LAME. It didnt make my guys any less "bannable", but having a lvl 40 combat sure didnt make it worse :p

RAM
06-26-2007, 01:22 AM
Hmm, makes you wonder why the Devs went through all the trouble of putting Autotalkers in SRL/Antiban after you get a random..... ....anybody interested should look into Fakawi's Potato Responder (http://www.srl-forums.com/forum/potatoresponder-t1310.html?t=1310) as an example...I use a modified version of it, and No Bans to date (Knock on wood).

~RAM

Sp0rky
06-26-2007, 01:25 AM
I think a way to test this theory would be to have 10 woodcutting chars.

The first 5 use the woodcutting script with the auto talking/responding commented out.

The 2nd lot of 5 use exactly the same script, but with the talking/responding left in, and see who gets banned first.

Lalaji
06-26-2007, 01:26 AM
thats true, auto responders do decrease you chances of getting detected.

Pyro
06-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Hmm usually i add small autotalkers to my scripts when i can be bothered. With about maybe 50 phrases. And these are geniric phrases. Not responses to questions. Responder is a smart way to go. Obviously it is a huge help if you are low level and people are constantly asking whether you are a bot.

But that doesnt matter because we train out chars combat level before we auyto dont we...( We should). Maybe it will decrease your chances. But very little. It decreases your chances of someone reporting you. But not of jagex knowing by themselves. Jagex dont sift through chat logs....

wuzbob
06-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Woah, thanks for all the feedback guys...I started a discussion!

Stevee
06-30-2007, 12:17 PM
haha bob lol. and pyro, what lvl should you be b4 macroing? im considering 20-30

pm me to learn how to make 200k in about 2 hours!!!

nomad king
11-09-2007, 02:21 AM
hmm, i think auto responder is a very good idea, while it may not be a full proof plan in that it does not have a response for everything, most people do not take the time to say anything besides very simple things to you to tell if your an auto, like hey, thier are the occasional people that sit thier and report all day, but responder or not wouldnt help much in that situation

gerauchert
11-09-2007, 03:13 AM
haha bob lol. and pyro, what lvl should you be b4 macroing? im considering 20-30

pm me to learn how to make 200k in about 2 hours!!!

20 combat is the minimum according to SRL rules...

i found though that there are people that still think lvl 20s suspicious of autoing, cuz i watched one of my scripts and a guy totally called my char out (lv 23) and said "you are an autoer"...so i quickly responded (since i was there), but i woulda been reported otherwise

so if you are trying tighten up the chance of not getting banned then i would suggest 40+ combat on your autoers and put some decent armor on them when you roll in the cash

jomp92
11-09-2007, 03:16 AM
Yeah I just got back into scar and scripts but this time I am trying to figure everything out a lot more than last time with how complex the scripts have gotten but I have been autoing for many years and I have never been banned and I have never used an auto-responder who knows the maybe just coincidence

papa_roach_0
11-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Auto responding, is like everyone else has said, a good idea. Again, this makes your player seem more human like and wont draw near as much attention as someone who wont respond to anything. This will surely decrease the number of reports agaisnt your player, if any. It doesnt really effect me much because im using one of my lvl 53's to run scripts on.

mark9510
11-09-2007, 11:53 PM
well with my army i am training now 15/60 of them are lvl 30 and up which makes them a pretty non detectable level

Scaper
11-10-2007, 11:28 AM
yea i aleways set a lil aremy of lvl'3 away on a mornig for a couple hours killing chickens/cows etc it's not hard to get to lvl 20+ cb to auto proply

BobboHobbo
11-10-2007, 11:36 AM
06-30-2007, 08:17 AM

Grave Diggers :o

Banci
11-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Jag finds out scripters by many sympoms - one of them is of course talking acticity - but it's 10% of everything. From mine experiance they are looking for money (over 1M and so) transfered from one account to other (and if it happend from one IP - u will get banned "in corporate" - as had happend with me several times - 2 - 5 accounts once).

neG
11-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I have NEVER used an auto-responder/talker for over a year on 13+ Characters, and NONE of them are banned.

rogeruk
11-13-2007, 10:02 PM
I never use auto talkers, if they are in a script i will purposely disable them.

I don't think they are human like at all. If you talk to a botter you could write down each response you get and finally you will get ALL the words that he will say. Therefor he is macroing (has autotalker).

Unless it was an intelligent talker which changes it talking and removes some sentences then i wont use

buck cakes
11-14-2007, 12:07 AM
i support autotalkers but it is definitely wise to edit them. there are plenty of SRL nubs out there who dont change the default autotalker settings and get noticed when they are triggered to say something every time someone else speaks.

bgxsaer
11-19-2007, 01:59 AM
SO true, yet i think every1 already knew this...

wuzbob
11-19-2007, 05:56 AM
Jag finds out scripters by many sympoms - one of them is of course talking acticity - but it's 10% of everything. From mine experiance they are looking for money (over 1M and so) transfered from one account to other (and if it happend from one IP - u will get banned "in corporate" - as had happend with me several times - 2 - 5 accounts once).
- LOL botting and trading gold are two WHOLE different things..

r3d
11-20-2007, 05:21 AM
good thing im perm muted that is one bonus it dosnt matter if i dont talk or not :D

wanna b auto
11-20-2007, 12:31 PM
thats y i go on my autoers and tlk to random ppl for like 5 mins a day lol

Cerium
11-25-2007, 10:00 PM
good thing im perm muted that is one bonus it dosnt matter if i dont talk or not :D

Lucky you:P

Not a L33cher
02-10-2008, 03:33 AM
Maybe the scripts had better anti-randoms? But interesting.

Rikje
02-10-2008, 08:11 AM
rs demon = dead. and auto talkers doesn't matter.

don't gravedig 06-25-2007, 06:27 AM.