PDA

View Full Version : New Pixel Art [WIP]

Brown
06-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Still not done. I still need to finish the general coloring of the landscape, then I will add small details, such as rocks, trees, lightning, shadows on things, etc.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/3930/tombysi0.png
Made 100% in paint. I really have not taken my time on making good pixel art until now. I started this one a few days ago.

Update: Added lightning, temporarily changed the landscape color so its darker and contrasts the sky (and for future editing purposes).

Updated Update: Just added on some fillers (moon, lava, trees), and colored the ground/mountains.

I will add something big on tonight.

Please give comments and suggestions on things I can add into it.

EDIT: Also, I just finished the one in my sig.

Killerdou
06-28-2007, 08:37 AM
i think i green background would look cool

Brown
06-28-2007, 09:08 AM
i think i green background would look cool

Unfortunately, MS Paint/Pixel Art has its draw backs. Recoloring an already detailed place takes ages, and bringing it into photoshop makes it so its no longer true pixel art :(.

Pentti
06-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Wow, thats looking great.
You are pretty good with paint, I could never do anything like that! :D

Rikje
06-28-2007, 07:15 PM
wow that looks realy nice!

have trying this ones. but stopped after 30mins lol.
Goodluck! realy wanna see it when your ready. :D

tim46
06-29-2007, 02:02 AM
Wow lol. Good work. I tried pixel art before, but gave up...takes to long lol, I'd rather just draw with a pencil.

Smartzkid
06-29-2007, 02:07 AM
Maybe you could put a statue on top?

Very nice work

Here
06-29-2007, 03:58 AM
Unfortunately, MS Paint/Pixel Art has its draw backs. Recoloring an already detailed place takes ages, and bringing it into photoshop makes it so its no longer true pixel art :(.

It's obvious that you're greatly talented in pixel art, and I know the "love" pixel artists have for MS Paint, as it adds to reputation and skill, yet I still can't help thinking that PS would make everything SO much easier. Just the pencil tool, no layers would make it the same, no?

Or would you care to enlighten me on the true differences?

Also, I would add a shrouded ghost, and it will be really hard, inking the parts of the ghost lighter than the landscape, but that would be epic.

Brown
06-29-2007, 04:08 AM
It's obvious that you're greatly talented in pixel art, and I know the "love" pixel artists have for MS Paint, as it adds to reputation and skill, yet I still can't help thinking that PS would make everything SO much easier. Just the pencil tool, no layers would make it the same, no?

Or would you care to enlighten me on the true differences?

Also, I would add a shrouded ghost, and it will be really hard, inking the parts of the ghost lighter than the landscape, but that would be epic.

Paint is better for pixel art than PS. Photoshop only has 1 tool could be used for pixel art, the pencil. Paint has line tools, shapes and other things that can be used as pixel art. Those tools in photoshop make smooth lines that are far from pixel art :p. However, a mix between both would be nice. And thanks for the comments and suggestions. And as far as layers go, it would be absolutely perfect if paint had em :p. Ability to move things after coloring is done, without having to redo a bunch of stuff would be nice.

RS Rebel
06-29-2007, 04:57 AM
very nice pixel art...your very talented at this..

mabey a watch tower on one of the mountain...

Harry
06-29-2007, 05:03 AM
Nice! I reccomend adding something into the balck space right and left of that centerpiece..

Here
06-29-2007, 05:53 AM
Well, if I found you a pixel art tut for PS, would you use it? Because I've done it with PS before, yet didn't have the patience. With all the line tools and stuff. It's a matter of taking everything off the line.

Brown
07-01-2007, 01:57 AM
UPDATE:

Added trees, lava, and a moon. Also tonight Ill add in a character (I absolutely suck at making characters, so it will take a while.)

Pentti
07-01-2007, 08:16 AM
Woah! Its always better and better! Very nice! :D

Santa_Clause
07-01-2007, 09:42 AM
:p

P O O N4GE
07-30-2007, 06:56 PM
its good but after whatching sum other Ms paint videos and such, it doesnt look as good as it would have been 3-4 weeks ago.

try searching 'how to draw a car in MS pain' - youtube.

you see sum insanely good .. well it could be pixel art, im not so sure.

P O O N4GE
07-31-2007, 10:28 AM
no they dont, its done in MS, pain, with mouse. ill try find another video, where he wants using screen recorder, n u can see him using a mouse.