PDA

View Full Version : Random Stuff

crossback7
07-03-2007, 05:52 AM
EDIT:An admin can lock or close this if they want. I feel stupid posting this, as it sucks. And it'll just take up space.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 1:51 AM.

I don't know what I'm doing. I'm in a car, and I'm driving. I don't know how I know this, yet I do. My name's Wayne. I have a feeling that the car isn't normal. I realize that most cars have more than just a steering wheel and gas pedal like this one has. It makes no noise, and all that I hear is complete and utter silence. I'm going extremely fast. Deadly fast, but it doesn't matter because there are no other cars and the road is perfectly straight. The green overhead signs are all blank.

I notice an exit off of the road, and I take it. It is long. Extremely long. Miles long. I feel as if I've been driving for days down this road before it stops. It doesn't go anywhere, just suddenly stops. I can see this from hundreds of yards away, but the car has no brake pedal. For some reason I'm not afraid, though I know I should be. I guess this is because I have nothing to lose yet.

The car stops immediately, even though it must've been going close to 200 miles per hour. I can't get out of the car because it has no handle, but I'm suddenly standing outside of it anyway. I start walking west. I’m not sure how I know that this direction is west either, however I can see skyscrapers in the distance. That city is my destination. I’m walking on concrete, and I have yet to see any plants or animals. Something tells me that this is not normal.

The sky has changed. It is no longer the musty orange color that it was when I was driving. It has turned dark gray. I never could see a sun or anything that provided daylight, but there is light nonetheless. I wonder if it is going to rain, but it seems as if no clouds have formed, only the sky turned gray itself.

I’m in the city now. It’s dark, and I can’t really tell where I am going. Most of the buildings are run-down or falling down. In fact, a skyscraper fell only minutes after I walked right by it. I’m starting to wonder whether there are any humans left. I’m tired and hungry, so I’m looking for a place to at least spend the night. Food will have to wait until tomorrow. A small apartment building on the corner of a block looks fairly stable and less run-down than most buildings. I think I will stay there for the night.

I walk over and try to open the door. It’s locked. I pick a large piece of metal off of the dirt caked ground and simply smash the handle off. The door slowly creaks open and I take a step inside. I give my eyes a minute to adjust to the light, even though my vision doesn’t get much better. I stumble into a room and bump into what I think is a desk. I feel drawers and start to yank them open at random. As I feel around the contents in the drawers, I hear the ckk-ck of an automatic pistol being cocked and lazily turn around. . .

crossback7
07-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Tuesday, July 03, 2007 1:49PM

"Take your hands out of the drawer and slowly turn around."

I obey the woman's voice, and I slowly retract my hands from the drawer. I spin around to see the silhouette of a small woman behind me. She has dark black hair, and her skin is darker than mine. She flicks a flashlight on and points it at me. I blink and try to cover my face from the strong light. I can see her face clearly now.

"You're black," I state calmly.

"Yea and you're white. What? Are you racist or something?"

"Um. . .No I'm sorry. I've just never seen a black person before. Or another person at all for that matter. . ."

She has strange looking eyes, which are bright green. Almost a neon green. She lowers the gun and asks who I am.

"I dunno. All I know is that my name's Wayne, and I'm 16. Who are you?"

"Elisha. You're not a rebel are you?"

"Not that I know of. I can't remember anything past a few hours ago. . .at least I think so. How long are the days here?"

"Well, if you want to go by hours, they are about thirty seven hours long."

"I thought a day was twenty four hours?"

"Not where we are, Butch."

"My name's Wayne and where exactly might we be then?" I ask.

"Wow. . .Um having the name Wayne will get you killed up here. You will now be known as Butch, and we're on the moon. It was made into an artificial planet about fifty years ago. Earth was having some severe problems. . .I'll tell you more about it later. First we have to get out of here. I've made a mistake by wasting so much time. Rebels often roam around here at night."

"Rebels?"

"Some people weren't happy with the government up here and rebelled. Like I said before, I'll explain later. Now come on and let's get our asses out of here."

She grabs my shirt and yanks me out of the crummy apartment building. . .

crossback7
07-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Wednesday, July 4th, 2007 3:03 PM

She takes off at a dead sprint down the street, and I just stand here. Does she want me to follow her? Screw that; I'm tired. I walk back into the apartment building to sleep. I think I noticed a couch in the room with the desk.

Just as I lie down on the ratty, old couch, she comes into the room.

"What're you doing?" she askes.

"I'm tired. I'm catching a bit of sleep."

She slaps me hard in the face as she says, "Not right now, you aren't. We've got to get out of here."

"We can go in the morning," I answer. I'm still kind of stunned and a bit angry about the slap. She strides over and decks me in the face. She packs quite a punch for a woman.

"Alright! God damn, woman, we'll go right now!" I say, stumbling off of the couch and towards the door. She grabs me from behind, spins me around, and slaps me again.

"What the hell was that for?!" I try to protect myself against this crazy woman.

"Disrespect. Now let's go, you lazy little. . ." She rears her hand back again for another smack, and I bound out of the door. . .