PDA

View Full Version : MiniMap Squeeze...

WT-Fakawi
07-03-2007, 11:55 PM
I am standing at exactly the same spot: East counter, facing North. Notice how the Ladder is further away from me on the first picture. The MiniMap projection is squeezed horizontal both as vertical. To my observation this is new. But then again, maybe I am just seeing things. Please verify.

http://82.92.130.193/Pictures/mm1.png
Ladder is far away
http://82.92.130.193/Pictures/mm2.png
Ladder is more close

Buckleyindahouse
07-03-2007, 11:58 PM
I do see the difference.
When I logged into my 2 accounts same place perfect north. The bank was slanted.

bullzeye95
07-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Hmm looks it. The bank seems squished too.

EDIT: It's weird, some things are smaller, but other things, like the trees, are exactly the same size =/

Santa_Clause
07-04-2007, 05:10 AM
This is going to affect RadialWalk correct?

Sumilion
07-04-2007, 08:18 AM
It seems it has indeed changed a bit .. shouldnt affect anything should it ?

The big question is, what were you doing there paying attention to it :p

Pentti
07-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Woo! I think this is just good, we can now see more farther in minimap, good for walking.

The Claw
07-04-2007, 10:11 AM
I first noticed this about 2? months ago when I was testing out Wizzups/Fawkis guild miner. It would sometimes work, sometimes not, and couldn't figure out why until I realized that the ladder wasn't in full view half of the time, due to this "squeeze". I just had to log out/in a few times till I could see it.

Not sure how much of an effect this squeeze has though, I geuss we just have to get as close to the landmarks (ladders etc) as we can before looking for them, as they might be off the minimap.

Santa_Clause
07-04-2007, 10:47 AM
It seems it has indeed changed a bit .. shouldnt affect anything should it ?

The big question is, what were you doing there paying attention to it :p

Not even radialwalk?

Hugolord
07-04-2007, 10:57 AM
This isn't new i don't think back in the good old days i used guild miners i always noticed this. I don't think it will affect radial walking well only if you set the radius very high if you don't it won't affect it although its still annoying.

Sumilion
07-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Not even radialwalk?

Doubt it ... the only difference it makes is that with the same amount of clicks you will get less far/further...

Santa_Clause
07-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Yes...which will affect it. Imagine using a Lumbridge to Varrock walker. It won't get there.

Wanted
07-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Yes...which will affect it. Imagine using a Lumbridge to Varrock walker. It won't get there.

Err, yes it will, you just need landmarks along the way such as DDTMs/ non moving symbols.

Cheesehunk
07-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Look at the walking of great scripters. They don't just have RadialRoadWalk over and over.. They have loops until something is found, walk a certain direction until another thing is found. Therefore, the walking is not affected by this.

JAD
07-05-2007, 12:10 AM
It has been like this for a while.. The first time I noticed was when I made my (nooby) JADWillow script to cut willows in edgevil.. And it was screwing the script up dramatically because I was still new :p

So the farthest back I can remember this happening is about 3 or 4 months ago. It's an anti macro thing I believe is why they did it..

Santa_Clause
07-05-2007, 12:14 AM
Err, yes it will, you just need landmarks along the way such as DDTMs/ non moving symbols.

Excuse me. I just haven't used RadialWalk before. My bad.

Wanted
07-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Excuse me. I just haven't used RadialWalk before. My bad.

OK.

Look at the walking of great scripters. They don't just have RadialRoadWalk over and over.. They have loops until something is found, walk a certain direction until another thing is found. Therefore, the walking is not affected by this.

Walking is affected by this, however, I think you were trying to convey that given the right experience and appropriate coding we can find a way around it. In such a sense it does not affect us because we can combat it, but only if your one who is knowledgeable enough to do so. Although, it's not really that complex, you just need learn how to do it correctly....

Sumilion
07-05-2007, 10:45 AM
OK.

Walking is affected by this, however, I think you were trying to convey that given the right experience and appropriate coding we can find a way around it. In such a sense it does not affect us because we can combat it, but only if your one who is knowledgeable enough to do so. Although, it's not really that complex, you just need learn how to do it correctly....

I've never used any other method ... even in my n00b days...

Markus
07-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Hmm, I noticed this too.
Maybe some of the Java guys here can tell us more about this?

Pyro
07-06-2007, 05:46 AM
Ok so this was a login logout scenario? so you jsut loggedout then back in and it was squeezed. Hmmm would be interesting to see ben on this. Considering he madde kyab. This would mean the tiles and thign would be slightly distorted.

The Claw
07-06-2007, 09:22 AM
The tiles and stuff arent moving or anything, just the symbols and icons on the minimap are changing shapes slightly, and moving positions. The buildings are in exactly the same place, just their appearance on the minimap is slightly different, distorted maybe. I think the main objective of this is to get rid of the noob co-ord clicker bots/scripts

You can see the buildings are in the same places, just they are slightly askew of each other but thats cause the camera angle is different on each pic

lolpie
07-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Hasn't this always happened? If you log in and out it usually changes.

YoHoJo
07-07-2007, 03:41 AM
I verifty, my atuo road color wasn't working and its a modified RRW.
Just change radial from 70 to about 65 or something, fixed everything for me.

RAM
07-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I noticed some characters were getting lost on the way back to the bank from south Fally.....realized it was due to the squeeze, and instead of clicking on the road, it would click to the right inside the building...thus causing the character to walk around to the east, instead of straight up the road to the north...causing them to get lost to the east of the bank.....Just an observation and doesn't happen every time.

~RAM