PDA

View Full Version : W00t Just Saw Harry Potter 5!!

itSchRis917
07-11-2007, 08:06 AM
OMG, I just saw the Harry Potter 5 premiere!! Best fucking harry potter yet! INSANE DUMBELDORE ACTION! You should go see it immediately if you havent already.

Starblaster100
07-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Good to hear, I am now looking forward to it :)

Santa_Clause
07-11-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm probably going to see it tomorrow. It looks like the sex.

Meanage
07-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Same, Im gunna wait till its less busy though.

Star, why you have 2 rep box things?

Starblaster100
07-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Its been answered already, I have over a certain amount of rep (Over 100? i think...)

Santa_Clause
07-11-2007, 12:52 PM
What the?!

You also have 50 referrals!

itSchRis917
07-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Basically, what Starblaster is trying to say is that he is God.. But he's being modest.

Harry
07-11-2007, 04:15 PM
He hacked his rep amount ;) lol jk

ghost
07-11-2007, 05:04 PM
I'm glad to hear this. Order of the Phoenix was my favorite book so I was hoping they did it justice.

XxKanexX
07-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks a lot, make me want to see it even more.
I want to see it so bad, but, didn't preorder a ticket or anything so of course, if i go there it'll be flooded with people and sell out fast.

I'll have to wait about a week.
Can't wait, arrr.

But, i'll have to.

Harry
07-11-2007, 05:41 PM
I prolly seeing it today..

ghost
07-11-2007, 05:45 PM
My only fear is that there will be hundreds of kids whose voices greatly exceed the size of their bodies...I hate a loud theater.

itSchRis917
07-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Yea, we had to buy tickets that day, my friend and i got up at 8 in the morning and drove to the theater, and bought tickets. lol, if you haven't already seen it go see it! I know what you mean ghost, it pisses me off when people talk in the theater, but here's what you do (especially if they are little kids, like 13 or 14).

Step 1: Buy a huge bag of skittles or M&M's at your local pharmacy, or if you want to pay an outrageous amount, at the movie theater.

Step 2: Get to the movie at least a half an hour early(way earlier for OOTP), and sit in the back row.

Step 3: As the theater starts filling up, eye the people walking in, and look for potential troublemakers, and take careful note of where they are sitting.

Step 4: If they make some noise, repeatedly pelt them with your choice of hard candy. Always remembering to stop and take a break for them to nurse their wounds, and of course, for you to eat some of that hard candy that you spent $4 if you bought it at the movie theater, $2 if you bought it at the pharmacy.

Step 5: ENJOY THE MOVIE!

^^^^ Works about 95% percent of the time. Other times they'll just keep talking.. :(

IEatJ00erBaybees
07-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Lol the new Harry Potter is out already?

Wow. I'm so behind :D

I like your technique, Chris.

I probably won't go to see it, seeing as I stopped reading these books when the 5th one came out. I read like 100 pages in the 5th book, it got boring, and I just stopped with the HP series.

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0373889/th-HP5D5741r.jpg (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0373889/Ss/0373889/HP5D5741r.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Lynch,%20Evanna)
Click for larger image^^
*Drools*

...mmm..Chocolate Pastries.

Lady looks like a dude! <-- Anybody get the backwards reference?

Wanted
07-12-2007, 03:58 AM
I dislike Harry Potter with a very strong passion.

sweetleaf
07-12-2007, 04:15 AM
harry potter is the shizz iceman! how could u say such a thing lol.

mmm IMO order of the pheonix was alright : / they left out too much stuff from the book and some parts i really wanted to see on screen didnt get shown. such as the big Weasley twins fireworks show wasnt that great on screen. haha and some other stuff. but the dumbledore/ voldemort fight at the end was SICK! lol it was awsome.

Harry
07-12-2007, 10:37 AM
I just saw it. It was 8/10 *'s

Ashur2Good
07-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm seeing it this saturday, can't wait XD

But i heard from movie cridicts(Sp? So wrong, yes i know :( ) , that it ain't that great, hopefully there wrong :)

-Ashur

Santa_Clause
07-12-2007, 02:43 PM
It's awesome! I love when Dumbledore and Voldemort have a battle :)

itSchRis917
07-12-2007, 04:42 PM
I know, the best part was definitely the ending fight with Dumbeldore and Voldemort. Two other things that they did really well i thought was the casting of Luna Lovegood. PERFECT in my opinion! They couldn't have done better. And another good scene was the curtain, they made that look really good, but it wasn't the way I imagined it while reading the book.

SKy Scripter
07-12-2007, 06:45 PM
saw last night, disapointing from the others.. but still ok movie.

bullzeye95
07-12-2007, 06:50 PM
It was good, but that guy shouldn't be playing Harry anymore. What is he, 16? Harry is supposed to be 14, right? (and terrible haircut :p)
But yeah, they did really good on the Voldemort and Dumbledore.
I agree with itschris, Luna Lovegood was perfect.

itSchRis917
07-12-2007, 08:34 PM
No, Daniel Radcliffe is 17 i believe now. Yea, it was a terrible haircut, but it did make him look younger. Did you guys hear the rumor about Emma Watson quitting after this film? That would suck, she's such a great actor. The article is here: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Emma-Watson-May-Leave-Harry-Potter-3494.html. She basically says that she wants to get a higher education and she doesnt want to be remembered as Hermione, if you are too lazy to read it.

bullzeye95
07-13-2007, 11:08 PM
I just saw an article on Daniel Radcliffe... What the hell are those guys thinking??? Beard, mustache, CHEST HAIR??? Harry is supposed to be 14.

Starblaster100
07-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Well I just saw it, and it was pretty good, better than the rest of them at least :)

bullzeye95
07-14-2007, 12:24 AM
I liked the fourth the best :)

Wanted
07-14-2007, 01:09 AM
H4|2|2y P0773|2 5UCK5.

bullzeye95
07-14-2007, 02:23 AM
H4|2|2y P0773|2 5UCK5.

j00 r t3h st00p3d

Wanted
07-14-2007, 03:46 AM
j00 r t3h st00p3d

4n|} 1 w1LL K1CK y0U|2 455.

ghost
07-14-2007, 04:58 AM
I saw it today. It was a pretty good movie and captured the feel of the book pretty well. However, it was very rushed in some parts and tons of the subplots were removed since the book is freakin' huge. I have no clue how they'll get a smooth movie for the next two book interpretations.

The devil
07-14-2007, 05:55 AM
You went and watched Harry POTHEAD i mean potter.

Gratz on you man he deserves a clap.

Jokes was it good?

stuckman
07-14-2007, 06:13 AM
how is harry potter supposed to be 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?? ??????????????????????
ok, he came to the school aged 11 and now he is in his 5th year there so he is now 15 going on 16

Ejjman
07-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Seeing tommorow. Emma has big knockers lol. :P

rkroxpunk
07-14-2007, 06:51 AM
hmmm so is Radcliffe gonna be like 20 something when he's meant to be acting a 17 or is it 18 year old? guess that won't be that bad......maybe ::rolleyes:

BobboHobbo
07-14-2007, 11:43 AM
To me HArry Potter is the most boring and lamest movies ever. Its like WoW came to life in a super lame way.

MY OPION DNT TAKE IT SO SERIOISLY.

:):):):)Who names a chacacter Dumbdodoor or something?

ghost
07-14-2007, 04:08 PM
If you think the age gap between the actors and the characters they play is bad in Harry Potter, then you should watch the original Power Rangers. Haha, I think the Green Ranger was in his 30's playing a 'High School student'. All of them were at least in their 20s

GoF
07-14-2007, 05:27 PM
I dislike Harry Potter with a very strong passion.

Highly agreed.

bullzeye95
07-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Emma has big knockers lol. :P

They put soccer balls in there, DUH!

lordsaturn
07-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I have to say, that movie BLOWS COCK. The storyline just went off into random ass plot lines every 5 minutes, but they never continued it. They thought about it, but then that just ran into another randomass plotline. Fucking ridiculous.

mamoth95
07-15-2007, 03:19 AM
going to see tomorow i heard alot of stuff got cut and new stuff added but that happpend with all the hp so far i hope its good. And i agree wtf is with his haircut. while reading the book i sort of got the feeling that luna was meant to be a ugly nerdy looking girl but from the previews it look like they casted some one hot.... hmm mabey i just had it wrong from the beginging. ALso cant wait for 7th book it look awsome but im gona be sad cuz it last one. Also did they make sirus dieing a dramatic thing or just didnt make a big deal cuz if it was a big deal then good cuz that was a key part in the movie and i got the feeling there gona blow it off

JuKKa
07-15-2007, 09:09 PM
http://tv-links.co.uk/show.do/4/5446

just watched the movie.. wasent very good but i loved luna her voice so... lovely somehow :)

bullzeye95
07-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Yeah Luna's voice is strange...

mamoth95
07-16-2007, 02:04 AM
i just saw it to. AWSOME MOVIE best yet. They only left out quiditch. Alos lunas voice is hot!!!!

Wanted
07-16-2007, 07:47 AM
I have to say, that movie BLOWS COCK. The storyline just went off into random ass plot lines every 5 minutes, but they never continued it. They thought about it, but then that just ran into another randomass plotline. Fucking ridiculous.

Just about.

mamoth95
07-17-2007, 04:51 AM
i loved the movie but they did have alot of plots they never finished. But i know why... this is the first time in the harry potter series they actulaly set the stage for the next movie. I really dont like it when they do that but since ive read the book it dont bother me cuz i know wat happens next cant wait till sunday though!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot finaly book comeing out!!!!! (i heard they kill off harry cuz part of voldemorts soul is in him...that would suck)

LameCat
07-19-2007, 05:17 AM
lol i havent gotten to seeing it but im going to have a whole harry potter marathon with my m8's 1-5 =D

~Cheers

NewToAutoing
07-19-2007, 07:48 AM
I saw it yesterday, and i liked it a lot. I mean obviously they took some stuff out, and it was a little rushed, but they way it went i felt like they didn't rush it so far that it became annoying, they got it perfect. It felt fast, but not too fast, and my friend who hadn't read the book didn't have any trouble following it at all.

I loved the fight scenes at the end, it was awesome. Also i love how Sirius died, they made it awesome without making it a big thing. It sort of just happens, i almost thought i missed it. It sort of surprised me in the way it happened, even though i knew it was coming. Sort of mystical and cool. Though i'm sure others won't have seen it that way.

The dementors in little whinging looked awesome. I also thought it was funny how Sirius's head in the fire changed in animation from this movie in the last. In the last it showed his head formed out of the ashes. In this one it just sort of projects over it.

Hagrid gets chased out of hogwarts in the 5th one, right? I can't remember, but if he does then they cut that scene. Would have loved to see that on the big screen. Another thing i hated was how they shortened the department of mysteries scene. Goes straight from the door to the room with the prophecies, and then to the one with the curtain.

And yeah, Luna was awesome. She fit the character perfectly, especially her strange way of talking. Not how i imagined it, but it fit nicely. They also cut the part where Hagrid gives a class with thestrals i believe, though i suppose it wasn't one hundred percent necessary.

They changed it so that it seemed as if Cho was the one who told umbridge about the D.A. meetings, and got rid of the curse or whatever it was that was supposed to afflict anyone who revealed it. Also they added a scene (at least, i don't remember reading it) where like 20+ people are all doing Umbridge's painful standards. And some little kid crying about it at some point later on too. The D.A. meetings were awesome though.

And then Fred and George's scene where they left was very cool, though it wasn't as great as i imagined and it was kind of short, it still came together very cool when i saw it. So even though it wasnt what i thought it would have to be to be good, it was still awesome.

Overall i liked the movie, and can't wait to see how they do the next one. Or for the next book, for that matter ;)

Tim0suprem0
07-20-2007, 05:38 AM
Dude it was so disappointing :( The only part they did justice was the fight at the end.

hypergalax
07-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Tis an awsome film, went to watch it other day, was awsome got the last few tickets, and we went and got the tickets 4 hours early:eek: and then we spent our time in macy d's and playing pool, and yeh there is alot of action in this one so its good XD

Dan Cardin
07-20-2007, 04:24 PM
ne 1 know where i can get the book on bittorrent or something?it was all over the news that its out. Pictures of all the pages lol i want it in like microsoft word or something

itSchRis917
07-21-2007, 05:13 AM
I downloaded the Deathly Hallows book in a PDF format a while ago, but i havent read it yet.. I'm not sure if it is a leak, or just some crazed fan making it up.. Anyways, I'll send you the link via PM dan cardin.

stuckman
07-21-2007, 05:58 AM
the book is out now so what is the point of having a possible leak if you can just buy it?

gamer716
07-21-2007, 01:17 PM
that movie sucked lol, well i was bored while watching it...and the action wasn't that great

yachibu
07-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Movie would get 7/10 for me because like posted before they left out a lot of important stuff.

itSchRis917
07-21-2007, 07:47 PM
the book is out now so what is the point of having a possible leak if you can just buy it?

So you dont need to buy it.. lol. But i bought it, cause i wanted to see if the leaked version that i downloaded was the same, and its not even close... Its just some crazy fan.. Sorry if i got your hopes up dan cardin!

pat9455
07-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Well I think this movie wasn't as good as the others. They cut a lot good parts from the move.

wired16
07-22-2007, 01:06 AM
My reply to emma leaving harry potter...

Although I do like Emma Watson as an actress and, would hate to see her leave, it's HER life! Let her live it how she wants. I don't blame her for wanting to get a higher education. A fallback is always good for everyone. I personally do not think that she will quit acting forever. If she does go for a higher education so what? If that is what she wants to do let her. Your not her! Stop judging her for wanting to further her education. If you do shame on you. Let Emma make her own decisions in life, good, bad, happy, sad!

I love the good bad happy sad part.. somthing my coach always uses :D thanks coach cherry :D

crossback7
07-22-2007, 05:32 AM
I finished the book, which came out today around here. Quite good. Some parts were actually mildly depressing. A good bit of action though.

RS Rebel
07-22-2007, 06:02 AM
Im seeing it next week...Half way through reading Harry Potter 7...Very very Exciting O.o...Ive been a Harry Potter fan for some time now...

itSchRis917
07-22-2007, 06:03 AM
I finished the book, which came out today around here. Quite good. Some parts were actually mildly depressing. A good bit of action though.

Yeah, im halfway through already, and i was depressed a little bit. Within the first 100 pages two people died!! But, i do have to say that i can just picture that beginning part with Harry and the Death Eaters in the movie. I can already tell they are going to do a good job with that. J.K. Rowling is such a good author. She always paints a picture in my head about what's going on and such, and then i can compare what i thought it looked like to the adapted screen play when the movies come out. :)

My reply to emma leaving harry potter...

Although I do like Emma Watson as an actress and, would hate to see her leave, it's HER life! Let her live it how she wants. I don't blame her for wanting to get a higher education. A fallback is always good for everyone. I personally do not think that she will quit acting forever. If she does go for a higher education so what? If that is what she wants to do let her. Your not her! Stop judging her for wanting to further her education. If you do shame on you. Let Emma make her own decisions in life, good, bad, happy, sad!

I love the good bad happy sad part.. somthing my coach always uses :D thanks coach cherry :D

I never was judging her.. lol, i said the same exact thing you said. worded a little differently. My main point is that it would SUCK to see her leave.

pwnall880
07-23-2007, 02:17 AM
yea that movie rulz i cant wait till the 6th comes out

mynameisjoe
08-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Yeah, the 5th one was great, but I cannot wait until the sixth. That is going to be THE BEST by far, in my opinion.

Tails111
09-02-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't know, the 6th is going to be bad if it is like the flash backs in the Chamber of Secrets... I hope they don't decide to do the Pensive like that...

But the 5th was awesome, I have seen it 3 times, once on opening day and then 2 other times a week later :P Now I have it downloaded but the quality stinks... The fight between dumbledoor and *Spoiler*voldemort*end spoiler* was simply amazing

rodnman1234
09-03-2007, 04:12 PM
lol guys i cant believe people actually even LIKe the harry potter movies, hey are all so POORLY MADE AND HAV NO FLOW. they start randomly from parts here and there in the book and every while they condense 20 chapters into maybe 5 mins whle spending 1 hr on half a chapter..

I rate all the harr potter movies a 0/10 except for the third one which was close to endurable with a 2/10. I know a lot of u bitish folk r gonna flame their asses off on me anyhow so i dont plan to check this post anymore lol but now you know my opinion and thats all it is, you have urs i have mine. :f:

nerdy
10-16-2007, 03:03 PM
i have saw it too, it was good tbh :D