PDA

View Full Version : Deleting uid.dat versus unsigned applet.

Just Kidding
05-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Which is best to do. My main was saved by proxys and unsigned during the mass ban. I used to have cable internet before I moved back to the boonies of tennessee. I am torn on whether to use the unsigned applet or managing my uid.dat files.

O.k. I moved and now I have dialup internet to play on. Using the unsigned applet is almost impossible for me to do due to lag while autoing. I use dialup now and my ip is dynamic all I gotta do is disconnect and reconnect for a new ip. So i dont have to worry about them linking my accounts via my ip. I do gotta worry about my uid.dat though.

Ok heres my plan and I need to know if it will work. I am going to delete the uid.dat file. Then I am going to log into my main and save that uid.dat to desktop to a folder named main. Then log in with one of my macro characters and save that one to desktop with folder named macro. Now each time that I wanna play I replace the uid.dat for the character I want to play on in the cache.

Also what can I open uid.dat with? I was curious what information is in it. Also does it still change ea time you delete it with the new update and is anyone else aware of any other account tracking files in the cache?

Any info will be appreciated. I just wanna preserve my main. I have over 1450 total now and its very not worth losing to me.

moparisthebest
05-25-2006, 08:07 PM
i just rename my uid.dat to uid-playername.dat and play with the signed client, its pretty safe that way, just make sure to rename it every time

(maybe ill write a program to do it automatically, one day...

The Un-Named
05-25-2006, 09:26 PM
maybe ill write a program to do it automatically, one day...

Mopar FTW. I mean, your deobber, aryan updater, both brilliant peices of work. :)

Keen
05-25-2006, 10:09 PM
maybe ill write a program to do it automatically, one day...

Wow... Im excited already. :p ;)

the one t.v
06-21-2006, 03:32 PM
i used unsigned i nether had ac banned with scar i been using for 3 years and have had andsold 5 rune miners

thecoolbrian
06-22-2006, 07:24 PM
hay could some one give me a link to a forum or something that will show me how to use a unsigned javva apleat

Wizzup?
06-23-2006, 06:18 AM
When you are selecting detail, in runescape, scroll down, and set the Java Type to Unsigned.

TheMaestro
06-25-2006, 01:19 PM
just make a bat file that deletes the file when you click it

mindtempest
09-08-2006, 01:36 AM
probably possible:
put this in the uid folder
create 2 files: macro.bat and main.bat
when you want to go on your main run main.bat which contains code:
rename uid.dat macro.dat
rename main.dat uid.dat
when you want to bot run macro.bat which contains code:
rename uid.dat main.dat
rename macro.dat uid.dat
then you can put both links onto your start menu, then launch them when you are switching
unsigned is of course much faster than signed. so with those batch files mbe u can do something abt it?

Bam Bam
09-08-2006, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't be horribly difficult to create a program to delete it and build it into a world switcher...

Gwallunit
02-19-2007, 07:03 PM
wanna try it bam bam ?

would be very nice mate :D

pwnaz0r
02-19-2007, 07:10 PM
I would say both... Why not I mean it cant hurt

WT-Fakawi
02-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Stop Gravedigging!