PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 Ring of Death

BobboHobbo
07-16-2007, 11:07 AM
There a masive problem with the Xbox360s. You know that green cricle on the xbox when its on? well if that turns red your xbox is dead. Microsoft is wasting millions on repairs.

In just England itself they get like 1000 orders of fixing xboxes a week or something like that. Weird :S

If you have this please post your experinces :)

Just Kidding
07-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Happened to me around 3 and a half weeks ago and still waiting on my xbox 360 to come back from mcallen tx. It was only around 7 months old. But they send you a box and the shipping both ways is free as well as the repairs as its under warranty for 2 years.

The problem is supossedly being dealt with by installing a new heatsink to help with the cooling although microsoft denies it for some reason.
http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EElEZukFEleqkRrcnN.php
I guess they just dont want to admit every xbox is eventually screwed with out that new heatsink.

But ah well thats to the club live macro I will get more than my share of money back for my almost missed month of gameplay plus wasted month of xbox live so I could care less.

BobboHobbo
07-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Thats crap you didnt get it after a month. But atleast shipping and stuff is free and the 2 years warrenty. So is to say play xbox360 on cold days so it doesnt crash?

To me they should of thought of this before.

Just Kidding
07-16-2007, 03:38 PM
ITs best to keep it out of your entertainment center and put it completely out in the open so it gets the most air possible. Also keep the ac adapter in the open as much as possible as it can have problems if it over heats. And dont use intercoolers they seem to make the problem worse.

The new boxes are being made with the new heatsink as well so if your buying a new one you may get lucky. Yes is sad an entertainment console cant be put in the entertainment system but ya know.

Mr.Klean
07-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Yep, circle of death. I have had a lot of friends that had it. Its because of the 360's are overheating. Yep they missed a heatsink when they put them together.

Also in some 360's they didn't put the disc trays together properly and some parts are missing. So when the Xbox gets knocked over or bumped the disc will wobble and it will grind again the innards of the reader and scratch of the disc.

Yeah the 360 has some problems but the PS3 has a lot more.

SKy Scripter
07-16-2007, 06:40 PM
oh crap i hope that doesnt happen to me =/ i bought mine like 1 week ago.......

Just Kidding
07-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Also in some 360's they didn't put the disc trays together properly and some parts are missing. So when the Xbox gets knocked over or bumped the disc will wobble and it will grind again the innards of the reader and scratch of the disc.

Ya mine does that too as well as got the 3 rings. Mine blew. I screwed up my first battlefield 2 and my halo 2 disk and almost screwed a few I rented.