PDA

View Full Version : No more broken axes!/Updates

Harry
07-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Find on the RS Homepage. It says under the updates place that there is no more broken axes... did they take out the ent random? :)

Also, about that classroom random, does it look solveable by SRL?

-Harry

3Garrett3
07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Woot! Time to go woodcutting then! :p. I dont know about that random, it doesnt give too much description on what you have to do. It seems like he tells you something and you have to say it back? I dont really understand it though.

Harry
07-17-2007, 12:37 PM
I think it's like the quiz.. will, I'll go ess mining, that triggers a lot of randoms.

Aje
07-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Axes look abit diff, dont they?

Harry
07-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, the joint is a little bit smaller I think too..

Harry
07-17-2007, 01:31 PM
cough i made this already: http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=?p=162385#post162385

nielsie95
07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Yes, I think the random is solveable. Pups should take a look at it :)
btw: You might give some links and pics for people who haven't seen it all yet ;)

Buckleyindahouse
07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Atleast we dont have to worry about ents.

Harry
07-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Yes, I have been alching and ess mining and still haven't got it yet .. -.-

Aje
07-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Yes, I have been alching and ess mining and still haven't got it yet .. -.-

lolz

use my main i get randoms all the time :P

Esteban
07-17-2007, 02:37 PM
http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=1907 all the way at the bottom, it describes the new event. But no more broken axes (from axe heads flying off) makes autoing on woodcutting just that bit easer, although i wish ents were taken out.

Rikje
07-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Why the hell take they out the broken axe random? that was one of the good randoms. lots of nub bots keep on wcing after the head broke. etc.
whats is behind that jagex take that random out? there must be a reason..

anyway,, when some one have that new random. do we need to take lost pics of it?

ZephyrsFury
07-17-2007, 02:57 PM
The randoms don't really matter to me that much. I like how they removed all the doors on the lower level of Lummy Palace. It makes my Rune Mysteries Runner so much easier yet I'm sort of angry because I've spent so much time on that place alone and it was almost perfect... :(

shaunthasheep
07-17-2007, 03:45 PM
im glad they took out the broken axe random, stops rsdemon for a while :)

andreas 22
07-17-2007, 03:46 PM
so as there cant be any more broken axes, have they taken out the ent random or the head flying off one??

Harry
07-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Actually, I got an ent today.

Rs_Monkey, how does taking out broken axe stop rs demon?

Pentti
07-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Actually, I got an ent today.

Rs_Monkey, how does taking out broken axe stop rs demon?
they need to update RS Demon everytime RS gets updated. :D

JAD
07-17-2007, 06:00 PM
we've removed the Broken Axe event (the one that made your axehead fall off - not the ent, who damages your axe)

they've removed the Broken Axe event, and they say they removed the "one that made you axehead fall off, not the ent

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they meant that the head wouln't fall off anymore, right? :p If so, they do pick axe heads fly off either?

Buckleyindahouse
07-17-2007, 06:02 PM
No mining hasnt changed.

RAM
07-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Surprise Exam!

The Mysterious Old Man, it seems, holds an education in high regard and he might just pop in for a visit and send you off to Mr Mordaut's classroom for a surprise exam.

You'll find yourself teleported into a classroom filled with RuneScape's delinquents and confronted by Mr Mordaut, surely one of the wisest figures in the world, who will ask you three questions to test your abilities to recognise patterns.

http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/randomevents/pop_quiz/pop_quiz_intro.jpg

There are two types of question he will ask.

One type is a simple 'what comes next' form of question, which will require you to identify the type of objects in the first row and select an item in the bottom row that matches the pattern:

http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/randomevents/pop_quiz/quiz_type_2.gif

The second type of question will offer you a cryptic hint in the top right of the window that will tell you the type of objects to select. You need to pick three items that match the cryptic hint before clicking the 'thumbs up' button:

http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/randomevents/pop_quiz/quiz_type_1.gif

If you get a question right, you'll be congratulated by Mr Mordaut and be able to move onto the next one. Once you have answered all three questions, he will direct you to leave by one of the doors. Pay attention to the door he names, as you will not be able to leave by any other.

http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/randomevents/pop_quiz/tome.gifWhen you leave you will return to the spot you were taken from and be given a book of knowledge, which will give you some experience in the skill of your choice. The amount of experience you receive will depend on your level in the skill.

Harry
07-17-2007, 11:44 PM
So there is ents, but we don't need axe head finders any more? :o

RSDemon always looses axe heads, that is prolly why =/

lolpie
07-18-2007, 01:07 AM
Does this include mining pickaxes or just WCing axes?

rkroxpunk
07-18-2007, 07:29 AM
lol nice find c0de and here it is

New Random Event

Just when you thought school was out...SURPRISE! It's an exam for you! Mr. Mordaut is going to put you on the spot and test your abilities at spotting patterns. Will you prove your worth or be sent to the back of the class?

Aside from the terrifying Mr. Mordaut, the class is full of delinquents and dunces: from the bored goblin and the zombies who want (to be) brains to the giant trying to better himself and the imp serving time in the corner. It's just like being back at school - well, it would be if your teacher was a dragon and you had a mummy for a classmate. To prove that you've learnt something in his class, Mr. Mordaut will grant you a tome of experience when you leave.

We like to keep a bit of variation in Random Events but without just adding new ones, so in order to keep the balance right, we've removed the Broken Axe event (the one that made your axehead fall off - not the ent, who damages your axe). We've also magically repaired any broken axes you have, and any handles missing a head have been whisked away to wherever it is that lonely axe handles go.

so I think that means axe heads wont fall off but ents are still there which IMO is good. because axe head finding wasn't too great and ent finding is a lot easier. I hope they do the same for mining to

Harry
07-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Yes, but the VYC had good axe head finding.. Sum made it perfect, now like 3 weeks later, they make it so he doesn't need it anymore :p

NewToAutoing
07-19-2007, 05:36 PM
You can now say: shitland without being censored in RS.

Lol.

You can also say assfuckor (or used to at least, i think now it comes out ***fuckor), pubes, cokks, and a couple others. This was all a while ago when i was at my friends house and she was bored and went around swearing at people xD There's probably more but i don't remember them..

I'm glad they got rid of a random, regardless of how easy or hard it was. One less random, any random, is a good thing. The new one looks...interesting.