PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarians

Harry
07-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Anyone here not eat meat?
I haven't for about a month ..

Do you wanna grow up looking like Manuel Uribe? (world's fattest man)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=os3t7lqTdKY
May be considered graphic by some viewers .. Beware. There is a lot of blood and gore.

-Harry

PS: Discuss but do not flame me for my beliefs .. Thanks.

Jason2gs
07-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Did I spark this topic? It was about cooking an Ex-Cow, wasn't it? :p

bullzeye95
07-27-2007, 12:51 AM
I don't eat meat. But it's just because I don't like the taste.

Harry
07-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Jason, no. People always ask me randomly for some reason.. :S

fbswift
07-28-2007, 11:29 PM
for every steak you leave, i eat 3...

Mr.Klean
07-29-2007, 03:06 AM
Hmm, Well since this is discussions & debates i will add my part.

Have you ever seen a vegetarian look very healthy? I mean look at vegetarians that have been not eating meat for years. Do they look healthy? They seem a little pale don't they? They seem a little thin? Hmm, if you want to end up like the fattest man, eat meat almost raw, bloody, and eat the fat. Otherwise just eat the leaner stuff you can find. Try to stay away from hamburger meat, as that stuff has more fat then the fattest man, and it contains so many different meats, you don't know whats in it, just like hot dogs....

I eat meat myself, but it is just how I was raised and I have met people that are vegetarians that just don't seem healthy... But I know one thing, your body needs fat. Without fat you will die.

Harry
07-29-2007, 03:22 AM
@fbswift: Huh?

@mr.klean: Hmm.. IDK about the pale part, most vegetarians I have seen are really tan.. ? Even if you eat lean meat, there is still a lot of chlorestol (sp) and a lot of that ends up in your heart, causing possibably future heart attacks. And I don't like eating what I don't know what is in it, like hot dogs..
And yes, I was grown up on meat, I never liked the taste, like bullzeye, but I ate it.
And you get fat from many other sources, almost everything has fat.. just you don't need how much is in meat.
Just my 2 cents. :D

Spky
07-29-2007, 03:23 AM
That video is fucking sick. Humans are sick. I feel sick.

Santa_Clause
07-29-2007, 05:29 AM
Aren't you human?

Spky
07-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Aren't you human?

No. Muhahahaha.

alach11
07-29-2007, 07:23 AM
Cry about the animals while people are slaughtered in darfur...

RAM
07-29-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm strictly a carnivore, I prefer to only eat vegans.....J/K, I was brought up on meat also, raised in the country, and my father was a "big game" hunter, so we had freezer's packed with various wild meat...I'm finding as I get older, I eat more vegetables, I think it was just because they were forced on me as a child, and now I'm fee to make my own decisions as an adult....I prefer fish and poultry over beef or any other meat any day...IMHO,I know this is controversial to some vegans, as any kind of animal is meat, but I guess it has more to do with taste, than being health conscience.

~RAM

Spky
07-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Cry about the animals while people are slaughtered in darfur...

Is this debate on the conflict in Darfur?

badandymitch
07-29-2007, 03:35 PM
I am a vegetarian . I have been one for about a year now. I think it is wrong to kill the animals for our own benefit. What gives us to kill them? Why is it illegal to kill a human but you can kill animal hunting? If one human dies, like every news station has the story, thousands of animals die a hour but nobody gives a dam. I hate it when people say your cant put a price on life, because people do. You go to a food store and there is tons of meats priced. Those meats came from animal, Living animals. Do you know what happens to those animals before they die? They dont even get to live nice before they die. For example, Chickens, before they die, they have their claws burned off with a hot blade. For more information on this stuff go to http://www.goveg.org/factoryFarming.asp ( Tell me if this isnt allowed. ) That is why i am a vegetarian and i plan on being on for the rest of my life.

Jason2gs
07-29-2007, 03:57 PM
What gives us to kill them? Why is it illegal to kill a human but you can kill animal hunting?

Genesis 1:26,

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Acts 10:12-15,

12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Kik
07-29-2007, 05:59 PM
This video is about factory-raised meat - I know that in most other farms, where cows, chickens, and hogs are raised, they have alot of open space to roam (specifically cows; my grandfather owns several hundred acres of hillspace with hundreds of cows that graze there.)

It is sick how factories raise their soon-to-be meat; hopefully one day it'll be stopped.

Harry
07-29-2007, 10:11 PM
@Jason: Not to be un holy/hate to God, but the bible was written by people, who said they got their words from God. Back then it was required to hunt, as there is not a lot of veggies they could eat. Time is different now.

@kikwit: Most cows and animals are not raised like that. *Most* are factory farmed.

Jason2gs
07-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Not to be un holy/hate to God, but the bible was written by people, who said they got their words from God.

So... What? You're trying to put them on as crazy-people or something?

Back then it was required to hunt, as there is not a lot of veggies they could eat. Time is different now..

How the heck would you know what the food situation was like back then?

~alex~
07-30-2007, 12:54 AM
Should I be glad I can't see that video? I dont have a youtube account lol. I'm a meat eater and IMO theres nothing better than a nice medium-to-rare steak... mmm *drool*. I understand people being vegetarians simply because they dont like the taste, but all this animal welfare stuff is just bull. Animals kill other animals for food, its a fact of life. Its a tough world, get over it.

Buckleyindahouse
07-30-2007, 01:26 AM
I like meat but after seeing that its still not going to stop me. I feel sorry for what those animals have to go through but one person stop eating meat isnt going to stop them from killing animals.

Ejjman
07-30-2007, 06:52 AM
@Peta

Peta is not a radical group, instead all they are trying to do is bring light to horrors done to animals everyday. If it was not for peta animals companies would even worse. The only policy i disagree with of Petas is animals testing, which iam on the fence about.

So watch the whole movie don't wimp out and not watch the whole thing. You have the right to belive what you want just as I do, but at least do some research about all the good things they do, and dont make ignorant comments on the internet like a pussy.

My two cents

Spky
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Why does Peta insist vegetarianism? Just get free range.

passiondrive
07-30-2007, 11:02 AM
PS: Discuss but do not flame me for my beliefs .. Thanks.

I don't think anyone here would.. fair enough to flame people about SCAR ability etc.. but not your beliefs.

crossback7
07-30-2007, 02:38 PM
I eat meat. 'Cause it's kinda essential to get protein in your health, ya'know? And I weigh 123 lbs. OH GOD, I'M MORBIDLY OBESE!!?!!11!!

Harry
07-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Why does Peta insist vegetarianism? Just get free range.

Because there isn't as many free range products available, *most* are factory farmed. But still, it's flesh, and you are made out of flesh too.. partial canabilism ? (sp)

Crossback: I eat meat. 'Cause it's kinda essential to get protein in your health, ya'know? And I weigh 123 lbs. OH GOD, I'M MORBIDLY OBESE!!?!!11!!

Lots of other sources to get protien you know. Milk, peanuts, soy milk, and many other foods..

Jason2gs
07-30-2007, 07:26 PM
But still, it's flesh, and you are made out of flesh too.. partial canabilism ?

Is a bear practicing cannibalism when he eats a fish? No.

Cannibalism, also called anthropophagy is the act or practice of humans consuming other humans. In zoology, the term cannibalism is extended to refer to any species consuming members of its own kind.

Esteban
07-30-2007, 07:40 PM
If you're a Christian, it's disobeying God to be a vegetarian (it's in the bible).

I personally enjoy meat very much, but it has to be good qulality for it to be enjoyable to eat. I'd say hamburgers are my favorite common meat to eat.

EL_TYCHO
07-30-2007, 10:00 PM
For example, Chickens, before they die, they have their claws burned off with a hot blade.

Im sorry but thats not true, and I know cuz ive done a vacation job at the chicken butcher/factory whatever its called.

you just have a horizontal spinning blade and chickens held by there legs on a (whats it called) automatic move thing and before they even realise it, they dont have a head and they are dead, they dont feel pain. The same for cows, they get them in a room with no stressy colors and put a sort of a hydraulic gun that shoots a pin right trough there brains on a specific spot so that they dont feel pain.

Killing a fish is more gory then killing a cow:
a: you put it on dry land and let it choke cuz it doesnt have any water
b: you chop of his head with a knife, and they never get the head of with a single blow you know.

And yes, even after working there i still enjoy my chicken filet and my steak

Spky
07-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Christian views on vegetarianism is quite contradictory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_vegetarianism

Ejjman
07-31-2007, 12:02 AM
hy, I can see u as the kind of guy that looks at...

A MAN < - > A DOG

And you have to think about which life to take. Horrible.

Harry
07-31-2007, 01:01 AM
Im sorry but thats not true, and I know cuz ive done a vacation job at the chicken butcher/factory whatever its called.

you just have a horizontal spinning blade and chickens held by there legs on a (whats it called) automatic move thing and before they even realise it, they dont have a head and they are dead, they dont feel pain. The same for cows, they get them in a room with no stressy colors and put a sort of a hydraulic gun that shoots a pin right trough there brains on a specific spot so that they dont feel pain.

Killing a fish is more gory then killing a cow:
a: you put it on dry land and let it choke cuz it doesnt have any water
b: you chop of his head with a knife, and they never get the head of with a single blow you know.

And yes, even after working there i still enjoy my chicken filet and my steak

Yes, they DO melt off their beaks + claws using a hot blade, if they didn't, the chickens would kill the other chickens because of the stress and agnoy of being all caged up together..

hy, I can see u as the kind of guy that looks at...

A MAN < - > A DOG

And you have to think about which life to take. Horrible.

Eh? I don't understand what you are saying.. that I am horrible for not choosing to eat my dog? :confused: Or are you saying that its horrible for other people to take animal's lives?

Lalaji
07-31-2007, 02:29 AM
only tested a bite of chicken once in my life :)

lolpie
07-31-2007, 02:57 AM
My parents are vegetarian, but I'm not-except fish, I hate fish. It's interesting to live in both of these worlds.

Harry
07-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Hmm.. well, I was just thinking about what EL_TYCHO said. That is not how it works most of the time.

Chickens: Scolded alive (in boiling water) for feather removal while they are still consonus (sp), then they slit their throats, then packaged, and sold.

Cows and other large animals: Hung bu their back legs, a person wearing a water proof vest comes along and slits their throats, then collects some blood in a bucket, the rest goes down a drain, then while the animal screams for its life, no one does anything.. then its sold.

kaustav_002
07-31-2007, 06:48 PM
Meat and proteins are kinda essential for life.the last thing i want to be is malnourished and unless u spend your day eating at McDonald's you aren't going to get morbidly obese.

I have nothing against vegetarians but they do look skinnier,weaker and paler than people who eat meat.
That little bit of meat,protein and fat is necessary for life unless you want to take pills or you just don't move at all...

Spky
07-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Hmm.. well, I was just thinking about what EL_TYCHO said. That is not how it works most of the time.

Chickens: Scolded alive (in boiling water) for feather removal while they are still consonus (sp), then they slit their throats, then packaged, and sold.

Cows and other large animals: Hung bu their back legs, a person wearing a water proof vest comes along and slits their throats, then collects some blood in a bucket, the rest goes down a drain, then while the animal screams for its life, no one does anything.. then its sold.

That kind of stuff only happens in some factories, but still, I cannot express how much I want to kick the shit into that guy who kicks blood into the suffering cows face.

R0b0t1
07-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Vegetarians are making the world smaller and weak. Before, when the health craze had not started, the human average height was increasing, but it is now decreasing.

I happen to be 13ish and keep being called 16+... And I eat lots of meat.

And I still can't fathom why meat tastes bad to some people...

Harry
07-31-2007, 07:35 PM
Yeah me too Spky..

Meat really has minimal affect on your height .. and there arent as many vegatarians out there as there are meat eaters, so its not us that are reducing the averages.. its just genetics, the way you are born. *usually*
Oh yeah, and there has been vegans and vegetarians recorded even before the 1900's ..

R0b0t1
07-31-2007, 08:10 PM
But everyone figured out that you can live longer if you eat lots of vegies...

Besides, I'm talking about the way food has changed. I think something they do to the food (You REALLY don't want to know), or how they make it "healthy" has something to do with height/muscle mass. Like, for example, unprocessed food may be more to do with physical traits.

Well, anyway, I hypothesize that you can grow bigger if you eat meat is because most of the stuff you need is pre-assembled.

Harry
08-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Ok, thats your opinion.. :) I don't aggree but you can think what you want, and I'll think what I want..

Esteban
08-01-2007, 04:16 PM
To me, the thing with Christians being veggies (what i call Vegetarians) is quite straight forward. In the bible, it says that God put animals on the earth specifically for man to feat on. Those who don't and are Christians, are disobeying their God.

It's really all that simple, or at least in my perspective

Harry
08-01-2007, 06:58 PM
@Esteban: If God put animals on our world for only eating, why do we have to cook them to eat it without getting sick?

Ejjman
08-01-2007, 07:04 PM
The animal can live a life on earth and when man needs the food he can kill the animal and cook it, which will pass its soul on into another animal to live.

:D

Esteban
08-01-2007, 07:19 PM
@Hy[InsertNumbers]: Because the world was made pure, but they sin and evil entered the world (also in the form of living organisms- viruses, bacteria).

JuKKa
08-01-2007, 08:07 PM
im a "all eater" i eat jagex workers. No, But i eat meat daily but i eat "veggie" food too.

My brother though, He NEVER eats any vegetables and his current weight is 100+ kg which is 220 pounds. Well atleast a year ago. He has lost some weight though so he might be like 80-90. BUT ALL HE EATS IS MEAT! So... BEWARE!

Jason2gs
08-01-2007, 09:54 PM
The animal can live a life on earth and when man needs the food he can kill the animal and cook it, which will pass its soul on into another animal to live.

:D

That's... An interesting theory :p

kaustav_002
08-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Dont eat any vegetable just eat meat=Obesity heart attack blah blah blah
Just eat vegetable.Be a vegan,save the animals=proteins?you'll be skinnier than a emo...

Or you could just do what the billions of people worldwide do.:D Be normal..

p.s i have nothing against vegetarians.

Harry
08-02-2007, 01:27 AM
@Esteban: 71194 is not hard to type ;)

@Ejjman1: Hmm.. strange story :p Wold be nice if it was true.

@JuKKa: I eat Jagex workers too, but first I convert them to soy :p

@kaustav_002: As I said before, you get protein from a lot of other sources.. It is good to save animals from a life of torture, pain, and suffering. So don't support the makers of it..

oliver1205
08-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Hmm, Well since this is discussions & debates i will add my part.

Have you ever seen a vegetarian look very healthy? I mean look at vegetarians that have been not eating meat for years. Do they look healthy? They seem a little pale don't they? They seem a little thin? Hmm, if you want to end up like the fattest man, eat meat almost raw, bloody, and eat the fat. Otherwise just eat the leaner stuff you can find. Try to stay away from hamburger meat, as that stuff has more fat then the fattest man, and it contains so many different meats, you don't know whats in it, just like hot dogs....

I eat meat myself, but it is just how I was raised and I have met people that are vegetarians that just don't seem healthy... But I know one thing, your body needs fat. Without fat you will die.

i agree with you, i was going to say that. most vergertarians i see look VERY un healthy, because plainly if you dont subtistue your foods the right way, it is very un healthy.

lolislol
08-02-2007, 01:47 PM
You MUST Eat Meat Else you won't get everything your body needs, cheerz.

Chicken is great!

Harry
08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
@oliver1205: If you don't subustute, yes you will look weird and messed up. But if you DO substitute correct (like me) you will look fine, prolly even better than meat eaters.

@lolislol: Not true n00b ;)

kaustav_002
08-03-2007, 02:21 PM
The making of Chinese food (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB3_qJGGzQc)<click me

shaunthasheep
08-03-2007, 03:33 PM
It can depend on your bloodtype too...

Harry
08-03-2007, 04:53 PM
@The_rs_monkey, what about your blood type??? How you look you mean>?

Tim0suprem0
08-08-2007, 06:11 AM
I agree with a lot of vegetarians, but I'm just too lazy to enforce a lifestyle where I can't have delicious cooked animals.

kaustav_002
08-08-2007, 03:49 PM
@tim0suprem0 your sick and im a hypocrite,
click on my earlier supplied link pl0x

~alex~
08-08-2007, 05:16 PM
@tim0suprem0 your sick and im a hypocrite,
click on my earlier supplied link pl0x

He's sick for eating meat, which is as he said, cooked animals? I don't get it :S

@ Rs Monkey - Elaborate?

Cheesehunk
08-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Tell me please, is what your substituting meat with REALLY more healthy than meat itself? Humans were eating meat long before we had gardens and grew vegetables + fruit. It's a natural part of our needs. That's just like forcing a lion to not eat meat.

Well at least that's my opinion, don't take offense.

Distort
08-09-2007, 02:50 AM
I like at how the end they show free range/organic farm life and still say "be a veggy" without considering "go free range/organic, its kind towards animals ;)"

Anyway, we are omni vorses as well as hunters, we are meant to have meat as well as vegatables.

GoF
08-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Seriously, eating meat won't make you fat unless you eat loads of it.. Fast food, candy and such are way worse. I highly doubt not eating any meat is healthy I can't really debate about this with all fancy terms and words because my main language is finnish :p But most of my opinions are already described in the above posts.. And I eat meat, I'm not fat and I'm happy.. I don't really care if some cow dies, big deal? Or is there nothing wrong in animals killing animals for food, but when humans do that it's wrong? I'll rather let some pigs and chickens die and eat than let them run around and not get food.