PDA

View Full Version : Punk?

punkisdead
08-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Anyone here listen to it, or in the scene?

Pyro
08-01-2007, 03:52 AM
Yesh very much so. Listen to pretty much anything punk. wait we are talking about real punk arent we?

punkisdead
08-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Depends on what you classify real punk. I, myself, think of Crust, Thrash, Grindcore, and Anarcho as real punk. But others think maybe Street, Oi, Gutter, or 80's Hardcore is the real punk.

Pyro
08-01-2007, 09:25 PM
O yes all good. I was just hoping i wasnt going to have to explain how greenday werent punk....

Ejjman
08-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Greenday is soooo punk!!!!!!
Blink182..

lol

What are they then.

Pyro
08-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Greenday is soooo punk!!!!!!
Blink182..

lol

What are they then.

DOnt get me started. WEll first for old school just stick to the cliches go with The clash, sex pistols and the ramones. NExt up i guess rancid. And for mroe newer ones i guess you can check out...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=22025696
The song let go is awesome. ANd i dunno. You just know when a band is punk and not. You can tell when people are faking rebellion.

crossback7
08-03-2007, 11:11 PM
The Ramones are bad ass. . .

And the site up there ^^ sounds a bit more like screamo to me. Still not bad though. Doesn't give me chills or anything, but the chorus is quite catchy in the song "Let Go".

Pyro
08-04-2007, 09:17 AM
The Ramones are bad ass. . .

And the site up there ^^ sounds a bit more like screamo to me. Still not bad though. Doesn't give me chills or anything, but the chorus is quite catchy in the song "Let Go".

Nah thats pure NZ punk, let go is one of there more raunchier songs. The others ar emore like punk. Yeah ramones rock. Suprisingly ive been getting into the song pet cemetery. Which is weird because i usually like the rough thrash ones

The Claw
08-05-2007, 04:07 AM
Man I love punk!! My favourite punk bands are panic at the disco, my chemical romance, greenday, simple plan, good charlotte and maroon five.

lolz nar im joking. im into bands like nofx, lagwagon, propagandhi, bad religion, and goldfinger.

Pyro
08-05-2007, 04:47 AM
Man I love punk!! My favourite punk bands are panic at the disco, my chemical romance, greenday, simple plan, good charlotte and maroon five.

lolz nar im joking. im into bands like nofx, lagwagon, propagandhi, bad religion, and goldfinger.

Rofl as i read that my eyes just widened and i was like omfg. I gotta flame this shit, mmm nofx. Everyoen likes them. I like some of there songs but the singing just annoys me.

Meanage
08-05-2007, 06:49 AM
MCR, what a joke

The Claw
08-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Rofl as i read that my eyes just widened and i was like omfg. I gotta flame this shit, mmm nofx. Everyoen likes them. I like some of there songs but the singing just annoys me.

Yeah, everyone says they like them but I reckon its mostly just trying to fit into the whole punk scene. I mean, 95% of the people at school who say they like nofx cant name more than 3 songs of theirs. There's only about 3 people I know who actually like them as much as me, and who listen to all their albums and know all the lyrics, know what I mean? What annoys me more is when nofx are mentioned alongside bands like blink 182, the try hard pop punk bands aiming towards the kids, rather than talking about the big issues that matter in life.

IEatJ00erBaybees
08-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I listen to some ska-punk bands, like Less Than Jake..but that's it for me.

jhildy
08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
ska is good music
i hate punk im pretty much classic rock all the way.

crossback7
08-07-2007, 03:57 AM
Classic rock is bad ass too. Styx, Def Leppard, Foreigner, ACDC, Led Zep. . .I like some metal too. SOAD, Disturbed, Crossfade, UnderOath, etc. . .I don't care what you all think, I still like Blink 182. They may not be punk, but some of their songs are GOOD songs still.

Pyro
08-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Blink is cool for partys i guess. You dont have to listen to hard to get general gist of the song. Reminds me of prodigy. Just the same thign repeated yet everyone loved it :p.

I Karma I
08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Classic rock is bad ass too. Styx, Def Leppard, Foreigner, ACDC, Led Zep. . .I like some metal too. SOAD, Disturbed, Crossfade, UnderOath, etc. . .I don't care what you all think, I still like Blink 182. They may not be punk, but some of their songs are GOOD songs still.

I like exactly the same as you :)

IEatJ00erBaybees
08-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Ooh..well I like Streetlight Manifesto, Reel Big Fish, The Planet Smashers, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Aquabats, Less Than Jake...amongst others. Those are my faves.

m4geab0rtz
08-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I like some punk, like the casualties, gg allen, the addicts, etc.
I have an 8 inch mohawk too haha
I'm more into ebm & industrial though.

Pyro
08-08-2007, 04:46 AM
I like some punk, like the casualties, gg allen, the addicts, etc.
I have an 8 inch mohawk too haha
I'm more into ebm & industrial though.

Haha well im starting to hate my mohawk now. Like johnny "rotten" lydon said.."a mohawk is the most cliched of all hairstyles". Which is true. I think i may go back to johnny or sid styles again. I like the messy look. Plus having a mohawk when a tonne of other people have it just isnt fun anymore.

Meanage
08-08-2007, 04:55 AM
No offence but I dont like yours, too curly. lol. :P

Pyro
08-08-2007, 06:28 AM
No offence but I dont like yours, too curly. lol. :P

O you saw from post your face place? Dunno it all depends. Just after being washed its all curly. cant remember the state it was in then. haha yeah my hairs always been a bit curly. I dont mind. I think its just when i dont do anythign to it. Like if i push my mohawk all off to the side and push it flat it stays there. But if i just get up and do nothing to it then its curly. Infact i had just finished work when i posted those pics. But when its up obviously it goes straight.

If anyone else here has mohawk what do you use to keep it up? I used to use wax but its not strong enough now. Im starting to use hair spray but it doesnt feel..... i dunno "punk". What kind of punk uses hair spray :p

Meanage
08-08-2007, 07:11 AM
Super glue lol. Yeah my hairs curly when i wash it too, the photos wernt very good either, I guess when you said mohawk on the other punk thread I thaught you meant like that guys big green one and I was a bit dissapointed lol.

I use a hair straightner lol, hair spray is no where near as gay

Pyro
08-08-2007, 09:47 AM
It is long.... it just doesnt look it when its down and pulled forward. . Super glue is dangerous. If you dot do it properly you end up glueing your hair to your skull. But if oyu do it right then its ok but you better like sleeping on your side.

Btw trust me. Big moahwks arent good for real world. SO if your still at school get one :p because ive been trying to get a job with ISP's and trust me. THey dont like mohawks