PDA

View Full Version : Possible Site Suggestion

kissdemon
08-01-2007, 02:07 PM
If this has been addressed before please forgive me as you can tell by my post count I am a "noob" (I hate that word)...

Me being a beginner though and going through the free scripts forum I thought of an idea that if possible might make it easier for people checking things out and even the script poster. If whenever a new script was posted it actually made a new forum instead of just a thread. The new forum would automatically create three sub-forums, 1 named "Script and Revisions" that only the script creator could post in, 1 named "Progress Reports" and 1 named "Support".

I've never designed a forum though so like most things I don't know how hard it would be to do but it was one of those thoughts that hits you and sounds good.

Sp0rky
08-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Lol, well it would categorise things alot more, I guess it would be a good idea.

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible on vBulletin.

Nice suggestion though.

RAM
08-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I suggested something similar to this..or at least an offtopic part of the thread...maybe the powers that be, can make it happen, I'm all for organization...and Like Wizz's Ess miner Post....meh, it's a bloody mess with so many of the same reposts everyday, by noobs that are so dam lazy to search.....deep breath......

~RAM

Infantry001
08-03-2007, 03:15 AM
Haha, makes me mad too, RamRune.

Well, i think this is a great idea. Might take up a lot of space though.

Kik
08-03-2007, 03:28 AM
Yeah, that's a good idea, but It would take up alot of space (with the hundred+ scripts here). For some of the larger scripts (like Wizzups Ess Miner) it would be great, though.

kissdemon
08-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Well I'm happy to hear that this idea is well liked but yeah as far as how feasible it is I wasn't sure.

Here
08-06-2007, 05:07 PM
This is why we need IRC.

RAM
08-06-2007, 09:16 PM
This is why we need IRC.

If You make it...They will come.....

Emagdnim
08-19-2007, 05:10 PM
I have a suggestion kind of along these lines how about requiring scripts to have the date they were released as in each new revision so you don't go and download one thats two years old and no longer works.

RAM
08-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I have a suggestion kind of along these lines how about requiring scripts to have the date they were released as in each new revision so you don't go and download one thats two years old and no longer works.

Good Idea i suppose....But a better one would be, learning to update them yourself ;)